Beiträge von kadvr6

agree with the comments above, plus they are jap wheels so belong on a jap car, personally all BM's should have some for of either original alloys or a BBS upgraded alloy.

but hey its your car so fit what you like.

Zitat von stevep840;81773

Not too busy to be offering it for sale to another member on Bm Land:harhar:

You've been Busted Matey

as i have already stated on here i do not no what i would be doing with the 8 as i already have a lovely 2002 540i sport that i know 100% and has been/is a great car, the 8 series has just literally dropped into my hands. If i dont save it then there is somebody else who just wants to buy it and break it, the car is to good for breaking so all i'm doing is saving it.

so yeh i have offered it to someone who has been looking for a manual 850, i'm going to be paying for the car, hopefully get it all road worthy and giving it a damn good clean, i'm not asking 8k for it just about 5ishk which is cheap as i dont want to see it being broke.

sorry if you think i have been busted?? but hey if it makes you feel better i wont bother getting it all road worthy and just let the other guy break it.

try and do the right thing and people think your just making a quick buck:roll:

just a little update, been realy busy with work so wont be able to get the car to the MOT station till saturday.

Hi Daz, you are a true stalker:laugh: pm me your number mate as would like you to give it a look over if you dont mind.

karl

right then guys, i havent been to look at the 850 yet, but have pursuaded myself that its just not gonna happen:thumpdown: i really dont want to sell my 540i sport so i can run the 850, yeh i'm on the 8 series international forum so i'm probably going to get pins shoved into my voodoo doll:laugh:

but have been looking and hearing about the potential running costs/repair bills that can come with an 850 and at the moment i'm not in the finanial circumstances that allow me to throw money at a car.

i will get some better pics today though, and have told the guy selling it not to advertise it yet until you guys have first look here is my mobile number for when i put the pics up if anyone is intrested, and the price of 4k is very firm

karl 07769213245

ok cheers for all the comments guys, like i said i will be looking at the car again on friday, this time i'm going to view it with my head and not my heart as it looks stunning in that colour:)

i can have the car for 4k, and that is after i have taken it for an MOT, and BMW so if it fails in great style i can walk away or offer him less for it and try to sort out any potental issues??

i had a phone call today to tell me that it had a new clutch fitted at BMW 2k before it went into storage so thats good to know, and it had been running today and started under its own steam very easily after i lent the guys dad one of my batteries.

so if its all good i may be the owner of a manual 850ci, Mmmm what will i do with my 2001 540i sport as i cant afford to run both:hmmmm:

ok i have been offered a 1993 850ci, the original owner of this car emigrated to new zealand just over 6 years ago, and since then its been parked outside he's parents, they have got sick of it being parked there so have offered it me first, the car has been started regulary and been taken for very very short drives, i had to jump start it today and it started straight away, the engine sounds absolutly mint with no knocks/rattles or anything.

obviously being stood there for so long it needs a damn good clean, its a one owner with full service history until it was left in the uk, its a 6 speed manual with approx 120k, i will get some better pics and a vid on friday, and the bonnets fine i just forgot to close it while it was running.

i dont wanna take the p with my offer so whats a reasonable price for it as it sits??

cheers

karl

well the torqueflow exhaust has been replaced with a standard system so my dad is happy,

i will put a for sale thread for the torqueflow system as soon as i'm able to get round there and get a pic for you all

karl

well bought a very nice exhaust from a low mileage 840i today, so the tourqueflow exhaust will be sale with no need to swap your standard exhaust.

will get some pics of it when i have replaced it.

karl

selling this as my dad just wants a standard exhaust on he nearly aquired car, it was fitted by torqueflow about 18 months ago and has done about 4k since fitted.

it recently had the cross section fitted at tourqueflow to quiten it down a little but still tooo loud for my 60+ old dad:laugh:

looking for £600 for an outright sale, or £300 plus you exhaust system from the cats back.

here is a vid i took last week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdag0paFJU

karl 07769213245

cheers for the info TIMM, i did say to to my old man the main thing i thought about the acceleration being so different would be that he's 740i and my 540i both had fly by wire throttle pedals, the 8 has been mapped by Seb so will try and find out what was done on the mapping side.

so deos the vanos make a huge difference then?? and if so does anyone want to explain a bit more please.

and only trying to help stop people travelling miles to look at what is not as described.

karl

my dad thought there was something wrong with he's new 8 series as it feels so much slower than he's 740i, so we went to a local garage to have a drive in one he was selling.

it was this one http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1800024.htm and from a distance it looks very very nice. BUT the alloys have had a really cheap powdercoated finish with run marks on them, both front seats dont work properly, the pixels on the dash and computer are about 80% missing, there is a smell of fresh paint that just oozes everywhere?? this is strange as the painwork is terrible, so many scratches/blemishes which is very off putting when the guy is asking 11k for it, also the engine even after a 20min drive was still feeling very lumpy, yeh its fairly low mileage and the interior condition seems to say that mileage is correct, but its not worth 11k about 7k i would say.

on a plus note though, that one was the same performance wise as my dads 8 series he bought off seb, so obviously they are nowhere near as fast as a 740i!! which does surprise me.

thoughts??

karl

its got 2 silencers fitted and also the cross section to balance the pipes, but still to loud for the old man.

so a hunt for a standard one starts.