Beiträge von John Horrill

Hi Al,

Sorry to see you seem to be out on a limb with this web-site now.

Has anyone heard anything from Philippe lately? He created, then lost, then re-created a site which continuously stimulated 8'ers by providing a platform for like-minded individuals to interact. However, he was the kingpin and his presence was critical to maintaining this momentum. I really can't understand why he seems to have no further interest. I've emailed him twice with no response. If he has a problem why doesn't he share it?

Best regards,

John

Hi Al,

Frankly I'm disillusioned. When I paid Philippe to become a Premium member, there were all sorts of promises of special & personal attention but he seems to have disappeared!!

Perhaps he's joined the Elise Set? I'm spending more and more time on the Lexus site, at least there's some activity there.

John

Hi Polashky

Good to see you back. :D

You're right - the meet in Birmingham, or was it Warwick, was excellent and we should do it again. Unfortunately May Bank Holiday is not a good time for me - you know, I work when others play!! :cry: Sometime in the summer maybe?

I noticed that Alexey was back on this forum but haven't heard from him yet. Are you still in touch with Johnster? Hope you get some local support and if I can get away I will, so let me know the date you decide on.

Keep in touch

John

Hi Mike

Agree with most of your comments re SC430 i.e. great sound system & sat/nav. Convertible tin roof is probably the best there is. :D

As far as being unmanly, I see what you mean in lighter colours, but in dark colours the car has a different presence and is definately masculine. :wink:

Suggest you change the run-flats to normal with the emergency filler facility - the ride is much better. If you don't have the upgraded suspension, that also improves matters.

The 8 gearbox has it though with steptronic.

Anyway we shouldn't complain - we've both got both cars in the garage! :P

John

Hi Paul

Congrats on your choice. :D

Would suggest an 840 rather than 850 to suit your budget. Would think you could get a '94 or '95 840 Ci for around that price. If you could manage a little more you would get an 840 Ci Sport which has the 4.4 litre engine with 'M' trim and Steptronic as stock. This specification started late '96 - early '97.

Have a look at the Autotrader site for a good idea of what's available.

Don't buy the first you see - have a good look around. A full BMW service history is very desirable as is an extended warranty if you can get it.

I'm sure there will be further advice on it's way from Members on this forum.

Best of luck

John

Hi Bertie

Your friend's car looks a similar colour to mine - Barbados Green - which actually looks more blue than green and is very attractive as the colour changes considerably in differing lights. :wink:

What are the wheels on your friend's car?

John

Thanks Beammer, hadn't thought about the temperature aspect. I ordered two new cats for mine after a series of problems, but they took ages to arrive, so decided to cancel and run without them. My MOT has almost a year to go, so have time to evaluate the performance issues before replacing them becomes a necessity. Right now the car is very, very fast :lol: but very very thirsty :cry: Am going to have the ECU set-up checked, as you suggest, to see if the air/fuel ratiios are correct.

Thanks again,

John