Beiträge von Robin850

[b] :D After 4 years of enjoyment I sold my 8 last November but I have a set of genuine 17" Alpina deep dish wheels complete with Pirelli P Zero tyres. These are exactly the right spec for an 8. The wheels are in excellent condition (they have been refurbished) with locking centre caps and 2 keys. The tyres have about 1000 miles on and are as new; sizes 235/45 and 265/40. Will accept £950. (Tyres cost £500)

I can be contacted on 07850 310045, based in Ayrshire.

After 2 years of lust I have bought a Jaguar XKR. Yes I know I am letting the side down but I need an up to date 2 plus 2.

My 1990 850 has 136,000 miles with a full BMW history. New MOT and tax.

As ever it is hard to price this, and would love to hear about your thoughts.

There are a few around, but many advertised seem really tired (none of yours could be described as this I know) Two guys travelled 250 miles to see it and then argued about paying 6950.

Sent them packing!

Am I crazy or what?

:( Reluctantly I am considering selling my 1990 850i. I have owned it for the past two years. 136k miles with full BMW dealer history up to 126,000 miles. New MOT and 6 months tax. A set of refurbished genuine 17" Alpinas with new Pirelli PZeros also available. The car is Brilliant Red with unmarked Black leather.

Recent work includes new batteries, new fuel pipes, new brake pipes, new wiper linkage and replace Pentosin.

I am looking for around £7k, and £1200 for the set of wheels.

I can be contacted on 01292 441122. Photos will be sent on request.

My 1990 850 has 132k miles on it. I did 5000 last year with two trips of 1000 miles.

I also run a MB estate, and I realise the difference in safety in bad weather with fantastic lighting, and wipers on the Benz.

Today I was in heaven, the roads are dry and the sun was shining, the 8 looks fantastic, and I really enjoyed watching the fuel gauge going down!

Yes today I had my new Alpinas fitted, with PZeros. Thanks to Steve Higgs who helped me by alerting me to their availability.

They are great and the car looks fab even drives better.

Can`t wait until summer to get more use of it.

I have been back and forwards to this site over the last year, and I feel very grateful in many ways. I have picked up useful information and made conatct with some very helpful people.

I found my new Alpina wheels by chance here, and learned hwo to fix my door switches.

For this I have paid nothing, so I feel obliged in some way to contribute. After all what is a club without members, and how many clubs are you members of where no fee is paid?

This is a virtual club, and many people make great use of it. I hope it remains and is used by more of us to share and learn from.

Alpinas

I have tracked down and purchased a set of genuine and mint condition 17" Alpinas, exactly the correct size and part numbers for an 850, and I will have them on the car in a week or so.

Thanks for all the ideas. If I can figure out how I will post pics when all is well.

Microfilter

I think the microfilter is located under the air intake chamber at the back of the engine. You have to open the bonnet and remove the cover at the back of the engine (there are three or four screws) and I seem to think you have to leave the wipers in the up position first, by switching them on and then stoping the engine so that thay park in the middle of the screen

Sunroof

What you need to do is close the roof and then raise it keeping the button pressed for about 15 seconds. It seems to take a while but you should hear a very loud click, and then the roof will have reset. When I did this it stuck in the up position and I had to manually rewind it using a key.

Have a go!

Thanks for this

The very best price I can get for 16" tyres is £520, as there is very little choice in that size now. So I am quite keen to get a better spec by spending a bit more to change the "old" look.

I assume that your comments about costs relate to replicas, as new originals must be much more than 600-700?

:?:
    I have standard 16" wheels on my 850, and need to replace the tyres. So might as well improve the look by upgrading to new 17" wheels. Problem is I have no idea about sizes etc. I like the look of Alpinas, but REAL ones are out of my budget. Are replicas worth looking at? Any help offered would be appreciated.

Badging

:) I have never seen an 8 with badges other than the 840/850 script on the bootlid.

I am sure UK cars did not have anything else as standard, and certainly no V12 badges.

Welcome

Hi Ian, I am in Ayr, and run a 1991 850i. I have never met another owner since I got mine in July.

I have had many minor problems, and find this forum and roadfly invaluable.

Have fun and good luck.