Beiträge von ajkd

you know what they say about hair dressers, style, chic, etc, but the best bit "always surrounded by lovely women", hey if that the hairdressers life, bring it on ! lol lol

If i had it i would, but the last time i heard from her she was with ex soldier 2 years younger than her Mum.................!!. my knick name foe her was "Raleigh".....if you know what i mean......god knows why i married her, but i suppose flattery had summit to do with it lol lol lol

actually i have done the younger wife bit in the past, quite franky its not worth the aggro, she was 21 i was 30, i say 21, but i think she was at least 16, if you know what i mean...........

lol lol

Hi Once again,

Sorry for not replying sooner guys, but have been in London for a wedding. I will call by on occasion just to make sure you lot don't get lonely and as far as what have i bought, well ive gone over to the other side, Audi, in fact a lovely shiny bright red TT 225, always wanted a sports car, so thought i would not look quite as bad in one at 44 than i would if i left it till i was nearly 50 LOL so 4.4 litres down to 1.8, bit of drop but i do like the nippyness of a smaller car, still you never know i might be back with a Mint 850 CSI , one day..................

Alan

Hi Guys

Sorry to say that this will be one of my last posts, as i have left the fold and sold my beloved 840, she has gone to great new owner, who is as passionate as a was for her. He says he will be joining the club and is named Tony from Essex. I would just like to say as this was the first car club i ever felt inclined to join that my experience of you guys can only be described as brilliant, a shining light of straight forward people with a common love, i am eternally grateful to all of you past and present for the help and advice i have received i hope that should i join another club that they are at least comparable to this one.

Cheers one and all

Alan

MAY THE 8 BE WITH YOU always

I love it!!, power, grace, style, and when you get up close jaw dropping finish, these guys know how to do it. ive seen some modded 8`s and this is be far the best one ive seen, and i dont think you should mod an 8 but wow, if i was in latvia.......... come on guys you got to admit its really is fun to look at.

point taken on the age of the earth. SOZ!, as far as can we destroy the Earth yes we can, we have the technology right now but thats not my point, the point is that although we are having some effect on the earth from use of cars, plane , boats, power stations, bombs ect, we arnt going to change it by increasing taxes as the government would have us believe. they are just cashing in on the fear of Global Warming, and as has already been said, toscrap our current cars (any car) and buy another"GREEN" one does more damage than running what we've got, but yet again instead of saying "Dont buy more cars, or telly's, or planes, etc, etc coz the manufacturing is damaging the environment" they say "increase the tax, or price so they get more, and more money. to give you an idea of how badly they waste OUR money Mr Pre***t wasted £14 billion on quote trying to re-nationalize the railway, and failed. How many millions of tons of co2 could have been saved if that had been invested in making the country cleaner, if thats what they really want to do..... , but they don't coz its a con to get more money.

I agree with every thing TallTony is saying, but our planet is five hundred billion years old, thats enough time for dozens of civilizations to have come and gone with all their ecological impacts, Incas, Romans, Aztecs, all great civilizations, we have been around ten minutes in the grand scheme, evolution dictates who will live and who will die, not just us. The planet IS warming we all know that but this is more likely to be as a result of planetary movement and change not 4.4L engines. and while we are on the subject, how does our government tackle global warming ? . They TAX us in the veiled hope that this will make us reduce the usage of , planes and cars for instance, when it has already been proved that we as a nation of motorist would rather sell our kids than give up our cars and holidays. But hey what do they care as long as they get their money.

OOO i love this subject.............!!!!!!!!

Global Warming, is us?, is it them?, is it anything???
    Well lets put it this way i do not subscribe to "we are killing the planet" BS, why are we so arrogant as to assume that we can have any significant impact on the earth. Or another way if it was financially or politically beneficial to governments to make us all stop painting our house white thats what they would make us do. Its like smoking "they say, stop smoking its bad for you and your fellow man", ok I'll grant you that this IS true, but thats not why they want you stop. The reason is because of all strain on our medical services, which costs them money, and they don't want to spend it on that. Had anyone ever considered where the government will get all that lovely tax revenue that they would lose if we all stopped smoking!? guess! you and me from other taxes that they will impose, like road pricing. The point im making is that we are in the same position as the accountant client who is ask's his accountant "Whats 2 + 2?" reply "what do you want it to be?" they will manipulate the climate to suit their agenda, in other words "If it makes money or power, do it" thats the way they think.......... scary innit?

Alan

hi guys

i see all of your points on the vents and i ve done a bit of venting on my own cars in the past, but i always make sure that every mod i do actualy has a purpose if not it just doesnt sit right with me so i would sell em, no offence to all you modders :)

alan

hi

thanks for that, ill have a go, its funny , but its not till you really start looking at the specs of our cars that you realize just how much tech went in to making it, there is stuff on this car that most of todays manufacturers havnt even thought of, amazing!!

Alan

wipers

hi guys

havnt got exactly the saamr prob , but when my wipers operate they make that juddery noise, and while im on the subject does anyone know how to test the "wiper pressure increase at speed" thing refered to in the hand book?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Fellas

Just like to tellyou all that i am now selling my 840 CI sport.
    She has been a great deal of fun and i finally took her to spain on a road trip wich was fab, but now i must move on to something a little more sensible. A shame but there it is, i have achieved a dream, but we all must wake sometime. Any way i will post on the for sale part but anyone interested.

840 CI sport 136k miles
    Velvet Blue individual
    Steptronic
    Climate
    silver Leather
    Rear sun shade
    Two brand new rear tyres
    Two brand new batteries
    Brand new nose (was slightly damaged due to kirb)
    Bonnet, front wings, nose, all repainted via BMW hailsham so the front is mint condition, the rest is very good!
    Straight through axle-back twin exhaust (sounds awsome) I do have the original as well for re-install should the new owner wish
    I have had her for three and half years and have had no mechanical problems at all
    i like to belive she is in very good condition, and according to my BMW dealer she is, so a good home is required for my baby.

Price £11,495 ovno
    I will post new photos this weekend, (as long as it dont rain)

Cheers

the 8 series is much more than just another BMW, when i was younger i hated BMW because all i ever saw were d*** H**ds in 3 series but a friend of mine who also owned a 355 Ferreri and a Countach bought an 8 to Quote "run around in!" when i first saw it i thought "Thats what money gets you" i was so immpressed by its lines and grace that i vowed i would have one , you see the people in the car business arnt happy with cars that dont break, they want a car to break down ocasionally so they can say its "got soul" lets face it if Ferraris had never broken down would they have been as sought after?. In my mind BMW 8 series is like Schumacher its been so succesfull in it own way in the past that every one who isnt a fan already wants it to fail. The 8 series cars were unique in that they brought , not only high technology to the masses but flair and a touch of italian exotica but must importantly all of the above and reliability. The 8 didnt, and doesnt look like any other car in any line up it is and was INDIVIDUAL in real terms. Can anyone say that about a 645.

Alan

you know guys ive read all your posts in this thread and ive noted that all of you seem to have missed the point, its not that the 8 is good or bad in the eyes of TG , Clarkson etc its more about "How fast it is" never mind how good it makes you feel when you turn round in the car park to check you locked it, or when the small boys point at you in the street. or about the pleasure you get just knowing you own a car that is as rare as rocking horse shit, no not any of these tangible things. whats in portant to Clarkson (who i might add i do actually like) is how bloody fast it goes, how expensive it is , and how well it goes round corners THATS whats important!!! and as we all know our 8`s dont do any of those things peticularly well in standard form so TG dont think it exists coz only 30 thousand were sold to what they think are "No hopers" WE LIKE THE EIGHT because we like style and grace and poise something that is all to evedently missing from sub £100,000 cars days.

Rant over

ALAN