Beiträge von aussie840

Hafner was correct.

Its an E46 M3 front spolier & side skirts modified by a local body shop to fit the E31. Cost about 2-3 times more to fit because of extra labour (AUS $3.5k). I reckon it looks OK.

Ian

Hi Al,

Hey that pic of the 4 looks quite nice. (ie not an egg) Do you have any more of those lying around ?

Thanks Ian

G'Day Ian,

Mine is an M60 block. I haven't put in a powerchip yet but I will. I had one in my last beemer. Having done the suspension and wheels the chip had to wait for E31 piggybank to fill up again :wink:

Can't comment on the superchips, but myself & friends have had great experiences with the gold powerchips tuned for optimax (they are based in my hometown of melbourne, they would be the biggest supplier of BMW aftermarket chips in this country). I haven driven 540i (M62) with them and the increased torque is definitely more noticeable.

Just ask for a 30 day moneyback deal, the EEPROMs are easy to plug in & out of the control unit if you don't feel your getting your money's worth just plug the factory unit back in. Much easier than pulling the air filter put! Some have even used a piggyback EEPROM arrangement with a switch and you can flick back & forth between the standard & modified fuel mappings.

Seeya Ian

G'Day Phil, I also found these whilst I was there....what do you think these fuses are for? 2 x 10A and a 1A, maybe a previous aftermarket phone install or something?

also do you have this sticker on your 840 as well?

Ian

P.S. reached 47C in Northern Victoria last week...42 in Melbourne and got down to a chilly 30C overnight.

P.P.S You coming down for the Grand Prix?

Zitat von Rey

My best friend is from Texas (a whole other country with its own strange rules!) and she married an Australian, and they are living in Melbourne now.

We get into it with the "aluminium" ALL the time...

From the pictures she sends me, I can wait to visit your beautiful country!

You are always welcome! I live in Melbourne too. The Formula 1 Grand prix starts in a few weeks - great time to visit for us petrolheads.

Ian