Beiträge von BBMatic

Thanks for that Nick.
    However given the current climate of turmoil and division.. I am not wanting to find myself cursing strangers, especially strangers who are 8ers.
    I think someone in my position, who made the original mistake of selling, needs to understand that such a fine specimen of a car is now displaying her charms elsewhere and no doubt giving great pleasure to the new owner who has taken on the financial etc commitment necessary (a commitment which was temporarily beyond me, with my big mouth). The fact my own situation has since improved is all very well but in general, I prefer people not to cover up their own mistakes in life by making excessive noise & disturbing the local flora & fauna..
    There is a more dignified solution which is quietly let him know my thoughts.

Zitat von Danilo;132842

Oh yeah... that would be a great attitude :laugh: ... :top:

I'm very sorry, esteemed forum members. I've been working late hours recently on a project & i was emotional. I don't know why I over-reacted so much. There is no question of my harrassing this individual; I have edited a few of my posts above, they were awful to read again. :(
    There is no point worrying and likely, little point asking him to sell. I have not emailed him yet, just a single text asking how the car was doing.
    He mentioned her being back on the road soon...a likely rejection if I go further.
    I may casually ask if he thinks he might sell in the next 1-2 years. Thats a fair question to ask, and it is advisable I register a serious interest, just in case his situation changes in next 1-2 years.
    I'm meanwhile reviewing the last few days in my mind .. it has made me think again.

Zitat von Danilo;132801

4:10 AM... you could not fall asleep tonight? :mrgreen:

it was 2.10am when i made that post. The clock is on some kind of 2 hour Euro summer time ;)
    But yes i was up half the night fretting

Edit to add: thats bullshit about the interior, I do like the colour scheme.
    first years accounts due in springtime so i may be in the market by then, !!.. or not, perhaps.
    this one likely a bit early for me..
    very nice car.. maybe lacking a touch of pizazz. but i'm looking at the Build sheet again now!
    It would probably be Yellow, another unusual colour, or nothing for me

I think i may do that thing, where I peruse 8 Series adverts during all of my spare time.
    The budget could be 7k for the right car.., but the interior colour scheme of that one above doesnt entirely inspire me. just saying in case you guys see aything else around..or Lord forbid someone here decides they have a spare E31 they want to pass to a caring owner.
    best wishes all
    b

I just really, really really want to somehow get 'my' car back.
    If anyone spots MY old car for sale anywhere at any time (it has a changed number plate, E13 something or E something) PLEASE do not delay to alert me by email immediately -
    my email is burn at diverseclothing DOT com
    i'd be hugely gratefulo if the forum were always alert to that particlaur car coming back on the market, and revisit this thread and email me so i can buy it / haggle / remind him of that (gentleman ) agreement.
    again sorry long message
    original number plate: R241 JGH

:toothbrush:

Reinhard I'm really sorry I was in too much of an emotional moment , narrowly avoiding oncoming traffic in the opposite direction, obviously no time to think.
    I did speak to my wife about our car.. our yellow car.
    There was a tacit agreement between myself and the buyer (in theory only - yet to be tested ) that because I sold him the car for such a reasonable sum (I was having emotional problems marketing her - placed her online at a very low price considering there was 9 months warranty still remaiig on a repaired transmission, then dropped the price instantly by 20% when she wasnt sold within 5 days)
    Hence the buyer did realise he was getting a super, near original car at a proper 'value' price. He agreed that should he decide to sell it, he would come and find me, no matter how many years later, and offer me first refusal to buy back car at ORIGINAL sale price.
    Its unlikely to really happen ..but the difference is, wife agreed firmly today, text him, remind him of that agreement ...just in case.
    It would be hard paying 7k for a car i have no link with, but if my car comes back to me at 5k.. you will see me again.
    The 'other E31' option still feels like a remote gamble I may be too scared to take, but i'm theoretically back in the market for a 5k car with good history. I'm happy to say its become a remote poissibility
    in fact typ[ing the words quite strange almost like i'm setting some metaphorical wheels in motion somewhere..

thank you for havig the patience to read this silly, long post!

Zitat von BBMatic;132775

edit to add: nice car...

Like this former beauty queen, :( ...which drove directly past our new shop yesterday afternoon, almost giving my wife palpitations, and me too.
    I rushed out and spoke with the owner while the lights were holding him up obviously. 'I had one..' - almost didnt want to say too much. In any case I was noticing the details here & there, and feeling a bit like telling him to stop being so tight and fix the car up.
    But then I remembered I sold mine because i was too tight and shut up.
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/33949/

having a peek at the advert in a minute, naturally.
    it was silver that first drew me in, i saw a special silver one for sale & fell in love.
    thanks for keeping me a little included, gents, i appreciate it a lot.
    edit to add: nice car...