Beiträge von Iwarsson

Update

Well, not much new here. Spent all holidays working (but not on the car). A week ago I got tired of the original stereo headunit so I removed it in order to install the new Pioneer DEH-8400bt.

And voila, the EDC worked!? :hmmmm: :rock:

But it comes and goes. There must be some kind of bad connection below the stereo (as mentioned). Need to take a look at it properly when I get time (which never seems to occur).

Everything else still works just fine. Will take it on a 500k trip next week and see what surprises turn up...

And thank you Per for helping me change buttons on the OBC. :top:

Well, because of the ride smoothness. Earlier it was like riding in a comfy sofa in Komfort mode and a little more on the edge in Sport mode. Now when the EDC isn't working it's like having fitted wooden wheels to the car.

Your other statement is plauseble. :top:

Thank you for your answers.

This is where we all go really confused... I have three General Modules and one of them have newly soldered capacitators fitted. There is absolutely no difference between them. Pelle (from Swedish forum) have helped me a lot with my car, and he is also baffled by this.

As we too expected the GM to be the black sheep in this story.

The strange thing with this is that EDC was fully functioning although code 6 ande 7 was visible when running DIS until I reinstalled my stereo. And that's just what I did. Hooking up multicontact and antenna plug. :hmmmm:

And Reinhard, I know that in EDCII as in the E32 has different use of switchlight if faulty. But the light in my switch was off before the cable was fixed. Just wanted to mention it if it could help narrowing down the problem?

I think that it's time to reconsider that cost to wiew the German forum, where most of the good information surely is. Other forums manage that without a fee of 100E... If there still need to be a fee, make all forummembers pay a small one instead.

Anyway Terje (and everyone else). Maybe I wasn't making myself clear when I wrote in frustration. :oops: The problems I used to have was:

* Power windows --> not responding when pressing buttons, going both down and up by themselves
    * Power sunroof --> not responding when pressing button
    * 6 mm function in driversdoor --> dead
    * Doorlock driversdoor--> not responding of key movement
    * Central lock --> locking and unlocking both when driving and parked
    * EDC --> not working
    * Windshield wipers--> dead
    * No sleepmode

Everything was repaired by BMW, it was just one of nine powercables (+12V) in driversdoor that was causing all of above mentioned problems. It had bad contact. When that particular cable was fixed in its right position everything was in perfect working order.

My EDC dampers are tight and dry and works beautifully when there is no electrical fault. And my question was aimed to get me starting investigating whats wrong according to fault 6 and 7 read out of DIS. I will keep the EDC cause there must just be a silly electric problem somewhere.

EDC light in switch still glows, all fuses are good and EDC failed by me reinstalling stereo headunit? :hmmmm:

I am quite new to E31 but I have owned quite a bunch of E32s all from 735 to Alpina B12. And I changed EDC dampers in front of my E32 Highline (pic) so I'm familiar with both EDC and the costs of it. This is probably something silly like bad contact or similar. And EDC in good working condition is very, very nice. Well much better than in emergency mode as they are now.

If anybody recognizes the problem or have a hint, feel free to let me know. And if you have a E32 with EDC problem I will answer your questions without fees. :harhar:

Finally Terje, your car is the reason why I kept the wheels from my old 540. Your car is truly beautiful! Maybe one day mine will look something in that direction...

First of all, see attachment. (whats the deal with keeping information behind bars?) :dontknow: :naughty:

For the last 18 months I have had several electrical problems stretching from electrical windows to EDC.

Last week however BMW managed to solve the problem. One of nine (9) powercables in the driversdoor did not have good contact. All in all it solved central-lock, electrical windows, EDC, electric sunroof. They had a life of their own before...

Today when I reinstalled my stereo (head unit) and started to solve the low volume problem EDC failed again. Went to BMW and there was a new fault, we deleted it and it didn't appear again.

However when the EDC was working (briefly) there was and still are two faults, code 6 and 7. Can someone please help me to where to begin?

Starting to loose the E31 love... :cry:

Hej Per. :winkwink:

Har fått ett bra erbjudande redan, känns knappt som att det skulle kunna bli billigare... Det jag ville veta var vad originalkopplingen också var tillverkad av Sachs.

Men vad är det för tjomme du länkade till. Säljer han allehanda delar eller vad har han för historia?

Update.

So here we go again.

Now in the Easter I was out cruising and needed to roll down the window, no reaction... :dontknow:

Now the only functioning window is in the passenger door with that button. All the buttons in driverdoor are out of order including the one to lock the doors, however the mirrors do work.

I haven't done anything else than drive the car? The weather is wonderful and no rain and the batteries are good... What is happening!?

I checked the fuses and they were all good.

(Pelle+, are you up for a GM switch this week?)

Svenska:
    Kan någon tala om vad det är för fabrikat på originalkopplingen till en 850 -91, jag behöver nämligen byta och har fått ett "bra" pris på en från Sachs. Kan inte tänka mig att det skulle finnas så mycket piratdelar till något såpass ovanligt... P.nr: 21211223413

English:
    Can anyone tell me what make it is on the original clutch for a 850 -91, I need to change it and received a "good" price of one from Sachs. Can not imagine it would be so much pirate parts to something that unusual though... P.nr: 21211223413

Deutsch von Google:
    Kann mir jemand sagen, was es auf die ursprüngliche kopplung zu einem 850 -91 machen ist, muss ich an der Tatsache ändern und erhielt ein "gutes" Preis von einem von Sachs. Kann mir nicht vorstellen, es wäre so viel Piraten Teile etwas ungewöhnlich genug sein ... P.nr: 21211223413

Zitat von Pelle;88019

Byte av främre bussning på trailin armarna bak, som synes så är det ett behov eftersom den ena gummi delen är på väg ur sin infästning (den högra) nedmonteringen tog endast 30 minuter. Nu återstår det att pressa ur de gammla och få i nya CSI, återkommer med mer info senare.

Replacing the front bushing on traillin arms back, apparently it's a need because one rubber part is on the way out of its attachment (right) the dismantling took only 30 minutes. Now it remains to press out the old and get in the new CSI , will be back with more info later.

Jaha, var det dessa du bytte. Förstod inte riktigt det i ditt sms, då bjuds det på provtur snart va? :grin2:

Well, was it these you changed. Did not quite understand that in your text-message, then you will offer a test ride soon huh? :grin2:

Zitat von Noggie;87905

If you manage to locate this unit I might have one in my garage from an older 850. (pre-93).
    If you find which one you need (pnr) I can check if I have it and send it to you for testing, or Pelle can bring it after the meeting here in Norway in June.

Do we have the same numbers on our GMs Noggie?

revtor: I have changed so many boxes now so I'm dizzy with all the numbers... Thank you for clarifying.

Here we go again. :winkwink:

Well, I'm not sure however the cables are 100% correct now, but it's done by a BMW technician in his (let's say) leisure time... From what I can see it's done properly and proffessional.

The original GM that I have resoldered like in this link: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17681874 is the one to the left. And the test GM is the one to the right.

First of all, thank you all for trying to help me!

When this problem occurs it can be every which one of the four windows... Both left and right side, front or back. Sometimes only one window and sometimes two windows at the same time. (but not all four)

And you are right about the doormodule, it's already changed.

Zitat von revtor;87923

Anyway, back to your problem... You say the one-touch opening of the power windows doesn't work. First make sure the windows are properly initialized. Then check if the problem occurs on both sides or only one (test the passenger window with both the driver side switches as the passenger side switch). Does the issue only occurs with the front power windows? Does the one-touch opening of the rear power windows work normally (there is no one-touch closing for the rear windows)?

You also mentioned the window drop upon pulling the door handle no longer works. Is this the case for both doors?

So I took it for a spin today. And like magic all problems from yesterday are gone!? No unlock/lock or windows automatically going down by themselves.

And I have done nothing to accomplish this??? :hmmmm:

Anyway back to your questions Revtor:

* Window drop works on passenger door only
    * All windows (front and back) behave like in the manual except drivers door
    * All functions except lock/unlock with key, one touch up and window drop works as they should on drivers door.

It seems like we have tested everything, what's left to do?

Ps. It's dry under the carpet and it was the RM1 I changed.

Nope, and my regular technician is at home sick.

Today I drove 60km and a old problem reoccured. Windows, both in front and in back went down by themselves, the car did also lock and unlock itself over and over again... :hmmmm:

This have happend before, then I changed the RM1 (relaymodule) and the problem stopped. But after let's say two weeks it drained my batterys so i tried another GM, but there were no difference so I changed back to the resoldered one. And this problem started again the day after!?

When this problem started the first time i could hear the relays within the RM turn on and off franticly, but not today. The car have also locked and unlocked and opened the windows by itself when the car is parked...

Hi Egil.

I spoke to Per a minute ago, you might be on to something... My wipers sometimes just move an inch when I want them to do just one wipe, the headlight washers are out of function, the sunroof moves totally unsmooth and all of this are taken care of by the ZKE module.

But... I have already tried another one, wrong P.nr. but anyway the problems remained. :bawling: Also when on the other one no indicators were working and the mid told me that there was a transfail prog.

Maybe it predicted the bad clutch... :laugh:

I will try to take the time needed this weekend to get you the partnumber!

But don't be shy now people, guesses and ideas are welcome!

And I should probably mention that the power window do work. But it does not go down all the way with one press, but the up function works with one brief press. And the door doesn't lock or unlock with key in drivers door... Note, all the microswitches do work! :hmmmm:

So, I've been the owner of this car now for almost six months. And for almost six months ago I started to ask myself what the h*ll am I doing... :dontknow:

I have been the proud owner of BMW 735, 740, 750 E32 and 750 E38 and a BMW 540 IAT E39. One Alpina B12 and one Highline so the cars or the problems are not new to me.

Pelle+ here at the forum has helped me a great deal so thank you Per!

What was the beginning like? Well when I bought the car I confirmed that there was some problems.

* No breaking assist (got the new part)
    * No heat (changed the pump and the valves, fixed)
    * No stereo (got one original, but it made my batteries go empty)
    * Bad batteries (changed to new ones)
    * Drivers side window out of 6mm function
    * Leaky sunroof
    * Oh, I can go on but you get the picture... :help:

Because this is my daily driver I really need to get some things in order. Let's start with the drivers side door. Per told me to start with removing what wasn't original so out came the Cargard alarm.

No difference...

We went over half of Sweden to buy used parts. I bought some boxes (and burgers) and even resoldered my GM box with new capacitators.

No difference...

We measured every microswitch in the door and every cable from the door in to the coupé, everything was fine. When we open the door the light comes on and the steeringwheel goes up. I changed the doormodule.

No difference...

I drank a lot of Gin Tonic.

No difference... :banghead:

So I changed the RM box, bought a new ctek AND prayed to God.

No difference, other than the clutch gave up...

So before I kill myself what should we do!? I have even changed the controlbuttons in the drivers door.

Ops sorry, I wrote it in "meetings" moderator please move it to correct place...