Beiträge von Garethf

Thanks so much for your help it is all working fine now. It seems that I had not put the relay N17 back fully, with the old hazard relay both indicators come on whether I turn left or right but now with the new relay it all works as it should and the hazards work as well.

I would have spent hours on this, but with you help it took minutes :devilchilli:

Gareth

The hazard waning lights were definitely working with the old relay but I did remove all of the other relays (one at a time) to find out which one it was and after that it seems to have stopped working. When I put the old relay back in both indicators flash but not immediately there is 1/2 correct flashes per side and then they are both on. Also with the new relay if I turn left with the hazard switch depressed the triangular light on the hazard switch flashes but not if I turn right???

I will try and have a better look at the weekend

Thanks again

Gareth

Thanks for the electrical diagrams.

Zitat

When you put back the original relay, does the original problem return?

Yes it does but the hazards do not work now with either relay!!

Zitat

Can you post the BMW part numbers on the original and replacement relay?

They both have the same part number 1 388 533

Thanks for your help

Gareth

Just taken the car out after many weeks of no use when I indicate left or right the Hazards come on? I changed the relay and the indicators work fine now but the Hazard switch doesn't?? I have done a search but nothing seems the same any ideas??

Gareth

Sorry it is a 1995 840i

Changed the first relay I came across in the E-Box Green with t125 written on it, turned the key and hey presto engine springs into life so hopefully all now sorted just have to put the car back together and fix the underside of the front spoiler that got caught on the trailer.

I would like to thank everyone for their help it was very much apreciated.

Thanks again

Gareth

Sorry I did not describe myself properly I bridged it to the supply of the next fuse as a temporary measure to see if the pump worked and it did and then it started first pop. Which shows that there is no 12v supply to the fuse leading me to the relay.

Hope this now makes some sense.

Gareth

Quick update got the car started by bridging the fuse for the fuel pump the pump started to work turn the key and engine into life. Can anyone tell me where the fuel pump relay is are there are different places for different cars. Mine is a 1995 840 with ews

Gareth

Checked the fuse while at the side of the road fuse 23, 20amp that was fine. Will check again tonight.

Thanks

Gareth:help:

p.s. Carry a spare maf in the boot changed that and it made no difference?

Went to put some fuel in the car ready for the MOT on Tuesday (1/4 of a tank already in the car) on the way to the garage the car cut out and refused to restart it would try (odd little fire) for a couple of turns then just turn over. Took the plugs out and they were all dry. Eventually had to call the Father in Law to to bring me home on a trailer (embarrassing). Car now in my garage and I haven't had a look at it yet but I have a feeling the fuel pump has given up the ghost or the crankshaft sensor has failed, but that is only 8mths old and genuine BMW.

I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar fault. I stuck the INPA on it and comes cup OKAY no faults.:banghead:

Thanks

Gareth

p.s. 1995 840

Zitat von stevep840;97599

That thing called work has got in the way;-) remember that Steve??:laugh:

Haven't you got one that you prepared earlier????????

Gareth:rofl:

I will not pay for car forums but I will give a donation that i feel is appropriate this is due to past experience (as I have many cars) that the ones that ask for payment cannot answer your queries when asked??? This is due to the actual people who know the answer have left and gone elsewhere as they are very knowledgeable with their product and to be honest do not need forums????

As with most people they will pay for an answer if they need it is not free, but do not expect them afterwards to supply answers or any input for free it works both ways?????????????????

Gareth

Zitat von 8Tech;94851

No more telling newbies to "check the archives" as that is really very discouraging for posters and seems to stop any threads dead in their tracks.

8Tech.

This quote I feel is so true on so many forums and is something that must be kept in mind when trying to encourage new members like myself. I have been here for over a year but I only have a couple of posts.

Gareth