Beiträge von John

Steve, just got reply back from Quarry motors, they have one and can do next day delivery, cheers for that one. How long did they take to do the tints ?

what did they rush you for the tint job and how long did it take also where did you get the bonnet vents, very brave man doing them yourself, does look the biz thou.
    Broke drivers door window regulator arm today, can't get one until weekend, any ideas where i can get one sooner ?

steve,
    sorry for delay in replying, got back from Africa yesterday. Your 8 looks superb, i like the vented bonnet and the window tint, did you do the tint yourself.
    where abouts are you in UK ?

Steve,
    Do you have any problems with the rear arches, my touch if i have 4 people in the car and go over fair bump and i don't have spacers on the back. I do like the sound of fuller arches if they don't touch, any ideas ?

As for where i've been, i work in West Africa, 5 weeks away and 5 weeks at home, i have had a look at the club from time to time. I am currently in Africa now heading back to UK tomorrow night. I would like to do some of the meetings but when i get back to the UK the wife normally has a list as long as my arm of jobs to do !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I intend to use the club alot more now.
    cheers,
    John.

Steve,
    Thanks for your message, i thought i was going to have problems fitting the rear being 10j but they went straight on. The fronts were the problem had to use spacers to get them to fit. How did you get on with yours ?

I have had a problem with the pioneer M30 CD unit which i have had repaired. I still can not get it to work, there is a short cable about a 18" long that comes out of the back of the unit, it has a retanglular connection which goes into the unit and around connector which connects to another cable that goes to the front and connects to the radio. this short cable has been messed about with and is taped up in the middle. Does anyboby know where i can aquire one of these cables.
    Many Thanks.

840 CATALYTIC CONVERTORS

Theo, sorry i can't help with the body lenght of the original convertors but i have been looking for a while for replacement cats. http://www.buypartsby.co.uk have replacement cats, steel internal monolith with 3 yr guarantee for £284.20 + vat. Part numbers 60530 and 60531.
    I hope this is off some help, may be someone has delt with them before and can let us know.

John

G-POWER

Thank you Genius for the information and your kind words, thank you too Le Transporteur. Again Best Wishes to Everyone,
    John

Hello everyone,
    I have been looking at the tuning section of the club and was wondering if anyone has a web address for G-POWER or somewhere that sells there parts. You are probably thinking what is this sad git doing looking at parts on Christmas Eve, well i am away from my wife and 2 young boys on a rig off West Africa until the 14th Jan, passing the time as best i can.
    I wish everyone in the club a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    John.

Wheels and Parts

Ian,
    Thanks for your reply, will have a look later today and let you know how i get on. I am also trying to find out the widest alloys i can have without touching any of the body work, if you can help it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    John.

Hello All,
    Joined the club this week and was hoping that someone might have some web addresses in uk for alloy wheels for the 8, schnitzer type 11 split rim if poss, also sites for other parts. Many Thanks.