Beiträge von mcat911

Ok, the missus has agreed to humour my obsession with the car so we'll be there :top:

I'll be bringing a couple of rust bubbles, oh the shame :sad:

Right, arrive the night before or leave Lancashire at 0500 hrs, hmmm....

Aha, I'm in this club. A veteran of 5/6 times now. I've found that taking the torx bolt out of the back panel at the bottom allows limited access to the bottom of the seatbelt roll. I then push up on the roll from the bottom and gently tease to belt loose. After a few minutes of this it's fully released again ;)

I know that it will have to be looked at properly, but it happens at the most awkward times, miles from home and proper tools.. I now carry a small toolbox..

My problems always start if I or someone tilts the drivers seat forward.

The manipulation of the rolled up belt was a final attempt at freeing it the first time it happened after hours (literally) of gently pulling on the belt from the top with no joy.

Now that's the first thing I do and it hasn't stopped me yet......

Oops, forgot to add that I tilt the seat forward again as soon as enough slack is present to make it easier.

Mick

51 yrs old, Sureterm Direct - £430 fully comp with 7,000 miles a year. Value of £5,000. Not bad in today's rip off insurance quotes.. ;)

I've said it before, but it's worth mentioning again. Although it's a couple of hours journey for me to Gerry's place (I know I'm not the furthest), I'd use him again without hesitation. He did all of my springs and suspension, no hassle, excellent work and a true gent :)

Mick