Beiträge von Ian Downie

I'm selling my beloved 840 and wondered if anyone would like to take the Alpina wheels off my hands ?
    They won't add much value to the car in part exchange and I know they are pretty highly sort after amongst enthusiasts.

http:// http://www.clube31.net/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2616</a>

They require a gentle refurb due to kerbing - but are in excellent shape really. I believe they cost over £500 when new 4 years ago.
    They come complete with 4 x ZR Conti Sport Contacts (front 2 need replacing but rear 2 are pretty new)
    Trick is I need to get some wheels to replace them with.
    Happy to ship anywhere as long as you cover costs and payment has cleared.
    Let me know if you are interested - offers please ?

I love the Steptronic gearbox and the way it learns and adapts to my driving style.
    In my humble opinion, it is one of thebest gearboxes I have ever used.
    Smooth in town, responsive when overtaking and good on motorway when cruising
    Ian

Reluctantly selling my beloved 8

97 840 Sport Auto in Velvet Blue
    Full Individual Options Package
    Every conceivable option
    18" Deep Dish Original Alpina Wheels
    3.15:1 LSD upgrade
    PIAA Xtreme Force Lighting Upgrade
    Full Factory Fitted Euro Sport M-Technic Body Kit

Photos available on this website at http://www.clube31.net/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=230

Apart from that is is totally stock with original First Aid kit unopened etc.

I have had the car now for 3 years it has been BMW Main Dealer serviced from new. It is still a real pleasure to drive and own and turns heads daily.

I promised my wife I would sell it at 100k miles and buy something more practical which we can put the children in ! It will break my heart to see it go.

The car comes complete with Full Service History & 12 months MOT.

Small cosmetic issues:-

1) As with any car of this age, the paintwork shows signs of wear and tear. There are a couple of minor cosmetic scratches and stone chips on nose cone which a nose cone respray will fix. (This is seen in most 8 series due to shape and aerodynamics at front of the car)

2) The wheels were £4K new about 4 years ago (without the 4 x Z Rated low profile Continental tyres @ £140 each) They have light scuffing / curbing (tut tut) and could do with a refurb. I have had a quote of £70 per wheel to have the shotblasted, ground and powder coated professionally.

I have the car advertised elsewhere for c£10k and have been offered £9k by dealer for trade in. However I would like to see the car in the hands of an enthusiast and someone who will get as much joy out of it as I have had. I want to see the smile on your face as you drive it way. I can still remember myslef smiling for a full day having just bought it !

I live near Glasgow Airport and welcome any inspection.

Email urbun@hotmail.com or call 0790 382 1874

Happy to answer any question

Cheers,

Ian

Unfortunately I am now forced to part with my beloved 8.

She is a 1997 840Ci Sport Auto Individual in Velvet Blue / Silver Leather. Apart from usual extras like Steptronic it has Cruise Control, Electric rear blind, electric steering column, memory/heated sports seats, headlamp washers and PIAA upgraded blue headlights bulbs.

Her interior also has anthracite headliner, BMW Business Radio Cassette with 6 CD changer as standard. It also has a Tracker fitted.

It has 85K miles on the clock with FULL BMW service history.

It has been modified slightly with a 3.15:1 LSD (original 2.81:1 differential available) and has genuine 18" deep dish Alpina wheels fitted with new Continental Sports all round.

Nose cone could reallitically do with a respray given a number of stone chips and a slight scuff - apart from that paintwork in excellent condition.

The interior is like new and the engine is a tight and responsive as the day it left the factory. I have owned the car for the past 3 years and it has been lovingly cared for and has provided me with countless hours of driving pleasure.

I am based just outside Glasgow and if you are serious about the car and would like to meet up - drop me an email. (No Space Cadets please)

Other pictures avaiulable on request.

Thanks,

Ian.

Reluctantly, I have to part company with my baby for personal reasons. :(

I have advertised it for sale on ebay today Here is a copy of the advert.
    If anyone wants any more information - please feel freet o emnail me at urbun@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Ian.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI…5706&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

BMW 840 CI Automatic Sport (Special edition factory order)
    VERY reluctant sale. You are welcome to bid for my baby but I reserve the right to only sell to a good home....

Cherished since being registered in November 1997 (R), this supercar has had looked after by BMW Main Dealer every step of the way and comes complete with a full BMW service history and amazingly a FULL BMW EXTENDABLE WARRANTY. This is very rare to find such a car with a manufacturers warranty which will continue to give you peace of mind and keep the car in premium condition for as long as you or others own it.

A privilege to own and a dream to drive, this vehicle is in almost mint condition and has been Zaino polished and professionally valeted on a regular basis.

A REAL head turner - sure to get attention EVERYWHERE you go.

Please forgive the lengthy spec below - but I think detail and accuracy are important on such an amazing car and on a fully loaded supercar like this you just get so much equipment.

Specification:

Colours
    External: Velvet Blue Metallic (factory special order)
    Interior: "Individual" Full Silver Leather with Velvet Blue piping
    Head Liner: Alcantara Black (factory special order)
    Engine/Transmission
    4400cc V8 32 Valve M62
    5 Speed Steptronic switchable automatic transmission
    3.15:1 Limited Slip Differential (modification/upgraded)
    286 BHP (DIN)
    0 - 62mph in 6.8 seconds
    Maximum speed 155 mph (electronically limited)
    ///M-Sport Equipment
    Full factory ///M-Sport body kit including door mirrors
    Full factory ///M-Sport lowered suspension
    Full factory ///M-Sport uprated brakes
    Special edition ///M-Sport stitched leather steering wheel/handbrake
    Wheels and tyres
    18" Original, rare deep dish Alpina rims 9J front & 10.5J rear
    Pirelli P Zeros
    245/40 ZR18s front
    285/30 ZR18s rear
    Factory Optional Extras Fitted
    Cruise Control
    Electric Rear Sunblind
    Electric Steering column with Memory
    TRACKER system fitted
    Electric Sports Seats with Driver Memory
    Heated front Sport Seats
    Electric Door Mirrors with Memory
    Graduated tinted screens
    EDC (Electronic damping control)
    Additional features as standard
    Anti-lock Braking System
    Automatic Stability Control + Traction (ASC+T)
    Central Locking with Deadlock
    Electric windows front & rear
    Air-conditioning
    Dual Zone climate control
    On-Board Computer
    Power assisted steering (Servotronic)
    BMW Business RDS CD stereo/radio/cassette
    BMW 12 speaker Hi-Fi System with 6 CD changer
    BMW Remote control anti theft system
    Electric Sliding/Tilting sunroof
    Automatic dimming rear view mirror
    Electronic Damper Control III
    Pop-up headlights with power wash system
    PIAA Xtreme Force full Lighting Upgrade (Xenon look)
    Halogen front fog lamps
    Driver & Passenger Airbags
    Side Impact protection
    Heated drivers door lock, door mirrors and windscreen washer nozzles
    Folding rear seats
    The car drives totally flawlessly, the power is staggering, the ride is smooth and firm and it handles like it’s on rails. This is still for all intents and purposes a NEW CAR. This car cost over £60,000 when it left the dealership.

If you want to arrange a viewing or any independant inspection - please contact me directly by email.

Bidders with less than 5 positive feedback please email me your contact name, telephone number and eBay user name before you bid or your bid will be removed. Also if you have any sensible questions I will answer them as quickly as I can.

The car is advertised elsewhere and I therefore reserve the right to end the auction early.

I will expect contact from the successful bidder within 24 hours to arrange collection. I will only accept payment by banker’s draft/building society cheques.

ONLY BID IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING, PLEASE DON'T WASTE ANYBODY'S TIME.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME ! :shock:

ALL YOU NEED NOW IS A DECENT SET OF WHEELS (JOKING)

SADLY I WILL BE SELLING MY PRIDE AND JOY SHORTLY
    :(
    _ OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE BEEN SORELY TEMPTED TO INSTALL A BONNET TOO.

CHEERS

IAN

Sad days :( ... I may have to sell my beloved 8 as I'm potentially emigrating.

I would like to sell it to another caring owner (who I can meet before the sale - to make sure the car will be looked after) rather than hand over to a dealership

Any ideas on what price I should be looking at selling for ?

The car is a 1997 840Ci Sport Auto Individual in Velvet Blue / Silver Leather. Apart from usual extras like Steptronic it has Cruise Control, Electric rear blind, electric steering column, memory/heated sports seats, headlamp washers and PIAA upgraded blue headlights bulbs.

The interior also has anthracite headliner BMW Business Radio Cassette with 6 CD changer as standard. It also has a Tracker fitted.

It has 65K miles on the clock with FULL BMW service history and has BMW Extended Warranty. It is pretty rare and valuable to find an 8 with this, and can be extended by the next owner in December to provide complete peace of mind. The BMW Extended Warranty is AMAZING. It costs around £600 per year and covers almost EVERYTHING!

It has been modified slightly with a 3.15:1 LSD (original 2.81:1 differential available) and has genuine 18" deep dish Alpina wheels fitted with Pirelli P Zeros.

Apart from a number of small stone chips on the nose- the paintwork is in immaculate condition and has been loving cleansed, clay barred, polished and protected using Zymol products.

The interior is like new - with no marks anywhere.

Any ideas what my car might be worth ?

Thanks,

Ian.

Congrats on the purchase.

We had this one before ..

I have 1997 UK 840Ci Sport Auto. It has the filler cap in the rear bumper. Use this - it will fill screen and headlights systems. There are 2 tanks under the bonnet - 1 is sealed (is filled via the rear bumper) the other is for intensive screen cleaning fluid, which you can add in yourslef directly via the opening at the top of this tank.

Hope this helps.

By The way if you hjaven't seen it already - check out E31 sectioon on Roadfly - a VERY informed and active 8 series webboard.

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e31/

Cheers,

Ian.

PS Email me with any other questions - Happy To Help.
    urbun@hotmail.com:D

Are you thinking about badging your E31 as an Alpina ????

Although I have the Alpina wheels as an aesthetic modification - I don't think re-badging would go down to well amongst the community.

Interested to see the finished result and hear your view on what it looks like up close....

Incidentally - why are they recommending the carbon fibre is left unfinished ? Won't this make your car look weird ? Or do they colour code the product for you ?

Also- are there any ducts or similar under the cover to divert air flow from the intake grills ?

Cheers,

Ian.

Hi Dennis,

Go here to buy Koenig kit

http://www.koenig-specials.com/

KOENIG-Design-body kit complete (with rear wing) € 9.250,–

or

individual parts:
    front skirt, € 1.550,–
    rear skirt, € 1.550,–
    fender widening front, left and right € 1.800,–
    fender widening rear, left and right € 1.800,–