Beiträge von Adrian

My 1994 M70 850 just ticked 200k and i'm looking into getting a newer, M73 car. Where can these be found? European sites are very sparse on information about cars for sale... I'm simply looking for an M73 engined 850 with automatic trans, AHK, EDC and memory. Those are my only demands. Color we can discuss later. Those options are the hardest to come by. Where can i start looking?

Sorry to open this up again, but apparently the front brake pads differ in EU and US 850 CSi cars? I'm looking for cermic pads to fit EU CSi calipers. Does anyone have any ideas where i can look?

Ah, thanks. You don't happen to know where i can find 3rd party rotors of such sort? I've been trying to reach StopTech for a set but it's hard to find here.

Zitat von reinhard;106227

Not that way.
    You also need to replace the wheel hub with the CSi one.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Is this true for CSi brake swap on an 850iA as well? 1993, M70.

Here's a great tool for calculating speed, rpm etc. on the E31s: http://e31.net/GearSpeed.zip

I drove the disabled swedes car with a 3.91. It was bloody quick, but not something i would fit to a daily driver. It was like driving a 6speed diesel with regards to rpm changes between gears, but with only the middle four gears to choose from.

Zitat von Colonel Jack Kingston;103464

Hi Daten-Salat -
    No clue what PM is?
    Do you mean private messages?
    JAK

Yes. PM is short for private message.

My info:
    Full name - Adrian Jektvik
    8er ID - Adrian
    Nation - Norway
    Car license and model - RJ 25705, 850CiA
    Handy tel. number - 0047 41 65 29 39
    Single or double room - Double
    Other Persons in your room - Awaiting confirmation
    Other Passengers in your car - Awaiting confirmation
    Estimated arrival VIE time and date - With the norwegians, 7. June
    Estimated departure VIE time and date - With the norwegians, 9. June - Alpina tour?
    Do you need to be picked up at VIE APT- No.

IIRC the AC Type 1s are 17x9 and 17x10 inches. I run 255 front and 275 rear and have perfectly straight sidewalls. 285 rear is suppsed to be straight, but the Falkens are a bit wider than advertised - and 285/40/17s are nowhere to be found in Norway. I love it. For 9.5 and 11" i wouldn't go under 255 front and 285/295 rear.

Zitat von reinhard;101701

This does happen with an out of alignment seat. Most common point of failure is the seat pad lift function which will sometimes only work on one side and basically distort the whole construction. If operated in this "gauche" condition it will usually be slow and make a fair bit of humming noises ;)

Also have a good looksie underneath the seat to check fo a bottle or shoe that might have made its way under blocking movements... :harhar:

Cheers
    Reinhard

On my roadtrip this summer i encountered these very problems. First the passenger seat would only lift on one side, but it promptly fixed itself but is now moving very slow forwards and backwards.

Then later, after someone trying my car and putting the driver seat all the way down (i sit all the way up and back,) it would also only go up on one side. After checking connectors and stuff it was decided, in the middle of an ATU parking in Germany during the blistering heat, to take the seat out and inspect it. After dismantling the lifting portion it was apparent that the right side gear has seized and would not lift on that side.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'll try to see if i can realign the passenger side.

OT: This thing surprised us at a gas station in Stuttgart. Poor thing.. Was a 6-speed as well. (full album)