Beiträge von Adrian

Zitat von stevep840;96503

I've decided not to go for the middle 'naca' duct;-)

What purpose may a NACA-duct serve on a non-Alpina car without the opening for the fuel rail?

This is the reply i got from Graham:

Zitat

We weren't able to guarantee the units would work for several years. I'm afraid we don't have any spares left and I can't remember the size of seal we used. If you knew the size of seal you could easily buy a rotary lip seal the right size from any seal producer.

And from UKZero: (hope it's OK i quite a part of your PM, if not PM me and i'll have it vanished)

Zitat

He told me that they were finding the rebuilding of EDC shocks time consuming and troublesome with many old shocks arriving in a terrible state (almost beyond repair and needing extensive welding to spring seats, etc) with customers expecting miracles.

As for the Polish company, i'll gladly be guinea pig. Quote desperate now that the summer comes creeping slowly.. Mine was replaced in 2006, but one of the fronts went a-leak after i had an unbalanced wheel go unchecked for some time, so the shocks themselves looks in good condition. Just the seals that needs replacing.

Thanks a bunch! Was looking for something like this, have to take min apart and clean it properly this winter. Awesome pictures!

EDIT: Does anyone know where i can get replacemt bits/bobs for these two screws? They are missing in my car after the previous owner changed out the panels:

The flow of information is forever changing. 8Tech does a wonderful job adapting to this, his replies with thoughtful text and wording makes the reader appreciate his work, this gains trust in the writer. I also fear the "check the archives"-answer, not just here, but on every forum i go to. As i said, the information changes constantly, a nice written answer with the writers current thoughts, meanings and insightful sources (often good archive-postings) on the issue is worth its weight in gold ;)

I run 8.5x17" front with 255/40/17 and 9.5x17" rear with 275/40/17 and is looking at 285 rear for this season. This because the fronts has a straight wall, and compared to that the rears have a tiny bit of stretch.

I'm looking at lowering some as well, but i have EDC and plan to keep it. I think the Eibachs is a bit high in the front, and i'm looking at some 20mm drop in the rear (Eibach-height or some mm lower), and 30-35mm front (5-10mm lower than Eibach.)

Something like this baby:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6836
    That stance is perfect. It has 1 inch (25.4mm) rear and 1.5 inch (38.1mm) front. Any ideas on how to reach this with EDC?