Beiträge von Adrian

I have done some research on this issue (well, not an issue.. :P) There were two engines. The first one was the Twin Turbo you mention, he sold that engine for 125000 NOK and replaced it with a single-turbo (!) S70 engine. The numbers you are thinking of is from that last engine huldra, at 1.2 bar if i recall he managed the numbers you mention. In the first engine he used the stock auto without an issue..!
    EDIT: At the exterior picture there the single-turbo engine is installed. I'll find some more pics.
    Here:

9 pages with picture in his Photobucket album: http://smg.photobucket.com/alb…%20turbo%20motor/?start=0
    The entire 550 album, with several subfolders on the right side: http://smg.photobucket.com/alb…30big/550%20twin%20turbo/

I have been looking into turboing my own 8, and his work (the TT that is) is very inspirational.

Zitat von Timm;93486

Cruising at 80 MPH, your engine will be turning over at 3400 RPM which is excessive for comfort.

At that RPM the supercharger will be on constant boost, not giving you any advantage of the increased low end torque. With norwegian fuel prices that is the last thing i'd want.

Zitat von Timm;93486

More importantly, you will need to hack through 5 gear changes to reach 100 MPH whereas an 840ci will still be in 3rd gear and probably ahead of you!

This is what i thought. I know the 5-speed is a fairly quick auto box, but i don't think you will hack that much of 0-100 mph times. With the supercharger you have the perfect blend of gear ratios at 2.93, maybe 3.15, with the five speed. But i wish you good luck on your 3.91 voyage.

The 8-series is no racer. It's no supercar. It's a Grand Tourer, please treat it as such. :driver:

Why would you put a 3.91 on a 5-speed when you have a supercharger? You'll end up at 2700 rpm at 100 kph. And you'll top out at ~230 :dontknow:

I'm having some issues with my '94 850. The adaptive mode on the transmission is acting weird, and doesnt downshift as desired. The kickdown also takes ages to kick in. Some times it goes down one gear, but waits ~3 seconds before going down in 2nd. When i floor it from a stop it also shifts at ~5600-5800, not the desired 6000 (or more.) I tried revving it in neutral to see if it the revlimit was acting up, but for some reason the needle went to shy of 7000. :eek: I just blipped it, so no harm done, but i expected it to stop at 6200 or so. :poke:

Any ideas?

DME er motorstyringen. EGS er girkassestyring. Har bilen orginalsoftware eller er den chippet? Hvis den er chippet, er det byttet både for motor og gir? Hvilken type software er brukt?

In plain english: DME is engine control. EGS is gearboxcontrol. Does the car still have the original sofware or is it "chipped?" If it's chipped, did they change both engine and transmission electronics? What type of sofware was used?

Zitat von fuzzifikation;91685

yes, it "might" be possible. But be aware, that for this to happen, the engine should be in good condition (valve timing perfect, no sludge, good oxygen sensor, good MAF sensors). BUT: You will need to fill it up with very high-grade fuel. In Germany, that would be called at the minimum "Super Plus" and is rated at (german! Other countries vary.) 98 Octane. More is better.

Also, afaik, in the US, such high grade fuel is, currently, not widely available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
    93-94 octane is wdely available in the USA, at least the last time i went over.

My solution to this it to try not to back off until the transmission have shifted. When you shift while applying throttle, the ECU takes the ignition back a bit giving you a smoother shift. When you change the throttle position, this is harder / cannot be done in the time it shifts, and therefore you get a hard clunk.

My 2 cents.