Beiträge von schnitz850

Wow that does sound bad for that year....

Has it been living by the sea? What is the boot seal like and are there any holes in the boot floor/inner rear wheel arches?

Sorry I can't help more...

Any pictures....

Right try this... This is from a post I made on roadfly...
    If your engine cranks over but uoy cannot get fuel pumps running and no power to diagnostics....

What can I say. Those engineers at BMW know how to test the hell out of your patience....

As you know from my previous thread that the car died on the way home last friday.. Anyway I got to look at it on Sunday and replaced the crank sensors as suggested. No luck. So I gave my mate a ring (the snap-on dealer) and he came over with his van (Drool drool) and we had the might of all his diagnostics and publications at our fingertips...

3 hours later no luck, he had to go so I got massively depressed at the thought of dealership prices so I had a beer or 2....

The problem we encountered was that we could not get any diagnostics from the car, nothing, zip... We tried 2 brand new scanner units 3 cards and 4 cables before we came to the conclusion. Its F@*&%D!!

Anyway I was checking all the fuses in the boot and then moved accross to the second battery behind the CD player.. (I had forgotten to turn the ignition off Luckilly) when all of a sudden the fuel pumps sprang to life. I let go of the wires and it all stopped.

The wire in question is a medium size red wire which is connected to the battery terminal via the clamp.. What the fuse diagrams don't show you is that there is an 80 amp fuse on this line that is concealed behind heat shrink and black tape... and one of the connectors had broken.. Would you believe it!!

I put a jumper between the contacts and my baby fired right up....
    This feed is a PITA as it is not the best connected wire at the clamp and it also feeds major components. such as the outlet for the diagnostics....Funny that isn't it...

I have now sourced an in line Maxiblade fuseholder which is going on tonight...

Here is the offending little critter...

You will be very lucky to find anything...

Seriously though some parts are interchangeable with other bmw's but not many...

What parts are you looking for?

I've been thinking that this would be coming for a couple of years now... It's more the continental way... Not a bad idea in principal but....

OUR F1JCKING GOVERNMENT IS SCREWING US LEFT, RIGHT AND RIGHT UP THE CENTRE....

We pay more than enough in fuel tax and should not have to fork out an extortionate amount of money for road tax as well.... What is the tax on fuel? 65% ish. Highway robbery IMHO..

I need a big engine to tow a horse trailer... Wouldn't get to far towing with a nissan micra would I...

I hate these policies and government with a vengeance...

I have given myself a time limit to relieve myself of this country (Sadly). I am British and proud of it but am getting more and more embarrassed at what we as a country look to the others of the world after successive governments have devalued the way this country is perceived..

I feel better now... I hope everyone had a great weekend.....

Here here!! Very wise words indeed....

As far as manifolds go, why don't you ask the guy on roadfly for some pictures. He did take some during his twin turbo build so he might be willing to share.... GregT i believe is the man...

Try a search for turbo on the e31 forum...

Good luck....

Hi Theo

Did you see the cross section cut through of the M70 heads on roadfly.. There seems to be a bit of room for improvement but maybe I'm wrong...

Just a thought...

Remember...

The angle of the dangle = the heat of the meat!!!

Seriously though as steve said, they would be a bitch to clean and the look would be more central to the apparture...

All that said... The mutt's nut's....

Nut sizes!! :shock:

Allen key is 8mm. Top mount bolts and nuts are 19mm, Front mount arm (I undid this at the casing not the mount...) are 22mm and the prop is 17mm I think...

My ratio changed from a 3.15 to a 3.91 LSD and yes in S3 it will now spin off the line :D

Not that I do that of course :wink:

Anything else just shout :o