Beiträge von schnitz850

A good friend of mine has just come back from visiting his family in Melbourne. He lives and works over here, at least until his visa runs out...

Any way his dad knew I wanted an effie so sent a brochure back with him and to top it all he is going to buy an F350 super crew with fullsize bed and put a camper top on to travel Oz when he retires this year......Bstard :cry:

My only stipulations are that it must have 4x4 Diesel super crew with leather and not white paint work!! Second hand is good...

At the moment you can buy them over here and have them converted to RHD but this costs approx £5K extra and I think the parts come from Oz anyway.... So my ideal truck would be £25K-£28K

The only problem that I am looking into is how to register it over here because it has been converted from standard I think they are being a bit funny but I am looking into this at the moment...I will let you know what I come up with...

Thanks very much for the offer and I will keep you informed...

All the best
    Alex

I just did mine this weekend...

Things that can be a PITA...

Exhaust removal (I found it necessary to get an easier bite at the cherry)

The 2 uppermost bolts (Top of diff) It took a bit of doing with a 3/8 long handled breaker bar with a long reach socket on the bolt and a ratchet spanner on the nut. Then you have to drift these out ( Very tight in there)

Breaking the hold of the output flange bolts was achieved with a long shanked allen key and a 12" bit of bar.(not ideal but could not get my 1/2" drive with the allen socket in there straight enough for a good purchase) You do not want to round the inside of those bolts!!!

If you have to swap the back cover and output flanges, clean both of the diff casings thoroughly and use a smear of Hylomar on the casing surface.

On refitting I found it easier to bolt up the prop first lift in position then attach the lower big bolt off the front mounting arm then proceed to line up the two main top mounts one at a time..

needles to say WD40 all the threads before assembly. Makes it alot easier...

Hope it all goes well.....

Hi Mark
    and a belated welcome from sunny Devon!! ( I've been changing my diff to a 3.91 the last couple of days :shock:) What a difference....

You will not be disappointed with your car at all. Even after all the bills, blood, sweat and tears you will walk away from the car, hesitate, turn around and :D .

Enjoy the ride and ask away......

I don't mind getting caught. It's the total gash job of proportional (or lack of) punishment to fit the crime...

Yes I should get fined but 3 points per offence is over the top, especially when we have only 12 points to play with....

1 or 2 points per offence as long as you are within a certain % of that speed i.e. 30mph limit you get 1 point / 5mph increaments up to 15mph over the limit then you are looking at a compulsory ban of 1 week+, depending how far over...
    This is for built up areas which I think should be targeted.

And please leave us the hell alone on the motorway if we are below 90 mph and there are no other cars on the road.... The autobahn works very well!!

Talk about shit luck.....

On my trip down to see SteveP the other week I got nabbed by a mobile camera van.... twice!! both directions. I didn't see it on the way down but did on the way back but it was so soon after the brow of the hill there was no way of slowing in time.....

84 & 87mph in a 70 limit. £120 in fines and 6 points added to my 3 already..

3 more and I will be resting my right foot for a while.....

This has confirmed my thoughts about the unfair system we put up with in this country and reinforced my thoughts of emigration.

New Zealand or Australia sound about right....

Just really disillusioned with this country at the moment.....
    :cry: [/img]

That is without doubt the most gorgeous convertible on the planet.....

I so seriously would consider doing this but unless I could guarantee the fit and quality of what BMW do I wouldn't get my angle grinder or let anyone else get theirs out yet....

On the word of Diffs. I just picked up a 3.91 LSD out of an M5 1991...

Hope to do the change over as soon as I get my K-bars (oops is that a swear word on this forum or is it just Roadfly :lol:

Hi there,

I am right in thinking that you are going to replace your standard filters?

If so a word of warning....

If you replace them with the same type i.e. element then that would be fine but if you are going to use the oil soaked ones then go here

http://bmwe32.student.utwente.nl/

and look under engine and then MAF trouble shooting...

I qoute
    "A well lubed K&N filter will deposit K&N oil on the MAF sensor wire and cause more of the wire to burn off at each shutdown, eventually destroying the sensor. Common consensus is to ditch the K&N and use the good ole paper filter."

Don't mean to scare anyone but it does kind of make scence...

Just my little bit....

Glad your pleased with your ride though....

Did it hurt ?
    Did you feel the needles ? :shock:
    Did you feel the scalpel because the injection did not have any effect !!!
    Did you have a gorgeous young nurse holding your hand and saying that it looks like everything is in order down there!!! :wink:

I B100DY DID !!!! :shock:

Just thought I would share!!

Feel better now thats off my chest :lol::lol::lol: