Beiträge von schnitz850

Excellant... I have a feeling you cracked the problem...

I will check my pump when I take mine off the road in the next couple of weeks.
    I have some heat sheilds to replace above the gearbox and a lekyy oil seal on the output shaft to replace along with all the suspension bushes!!
    I also found an M5 diff on ebay for £100 which should give a better kick to my auto!!

Anyway congrats and happy motoring....

Alex

I've been toying with the idea for a while now and I think it would be awesome to get a group of like minded people together and drive to Germany, pay €60 ish and drive round the track....
    A couple of days should do it...

If I get enough response and enthusiasm then I will organise it.. (we could even meet up with our european buddies if they are willing and able!!!

How about it then? Who's up for it....

I'm thinking june or there abouts.....

Let me know what you all think.

Sorry to here it wasn't the pump... I had money on it being that.

I can't see how both banks can be affected at the same time with the banjo bolt problem but stanger things have happened.

Do you have alot of sludge in the oil cap (inside?)

I will keep digging around to see what I come up with though!!!

Keep you posted and good luck

Hi there
    Just a thought!!

There was a post on roadfly about the oil pump coming loose ( the nuts /bolts retaining the pump work loose over time...

I think this can be fixed by removing the sump....

Whatever, do not run this engine any more!!!!!

Hope this helps

I like absolutely everything about this fantastic car....

The first time I saw one in the flesh was when I was driving through the centre of London and I turned a corner and saw in the distance the most gorgeous pair of rear ends... The one which seemned to take up the whole road was of a mauritius blue 850 the other was petite and on the pavement, nice front to it too. :wink::wink:

I knew then I had to have one so I put my TVR Griffith up for imediate sale...

I still had to by the 850 first though :lol:

Can't see me being without one now...

I used a set on my Range Rover Classic before upgrading to 35" tyres. but thats another post....

I had no problems at all...

One thing to consider is that if the spacing is not that much maybe the use of spacers and longer studs (Which I have on the front of my 8 at the moment....) might be the way to go....

How much difference in mm is the offset?
    Do you need these on all 4 corners?

Regards

Alex

One thing to check is that the EDC units have not been replaced with normal shocks at some point in time...

By the way it is regarded that you get a better ride with the new technology in shock manufacture these days over the old EDC system....

kind regards

Alex

What switch do you have by the gear lever?

I may be wrong but EDC or EML were not available on a '91 850i

If you are talking about the ASC/T then this is basically Traction control and only alters whether your rear wheels will follow your front or try to overtake them... If you know what I mean.....

Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in here.....

Hi Stevie baby....

If you follow the link above then hit the Home button, then go to Conversions and then to Sports Cars read what it says about cars over a tonne you will see that they do up to 350mm.

Howzabout that then buddy. Big enough for you :wink:

All the best and can you PM me with your number as I have lost it again. Sorry...

Alex

Hi all

I thought you might be interested in these guys.....

http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/monster_6.htm

I had the billet 4 on my TVR Griffith and will certtainly be putting the monster 6 conversion on my 8 asap.

What they require is the hub assembly off my car to which they will custom design the brackets to hold the calipers....

The cost is the best bit though..... £1300.00 ish + the extra brackets and thats for two calipers and extra large discs....

I can't wait for mine to arrive.......

I have no affiliation, yada yada yada...... I just wanted to share...

Women's English

Yes = No

No = Yes

Maybe = No

I'm sorry = You'll be sorry

We need = I want

It's your decision = The correct decision should be obvious by now.

Do what you want = You'll pay for this later

We need to talk = I need to complain

Sure... go ahead = I don't want you to

I'm not upset = Of course I'm upset, you moron!

You're... so manly = You need a shave and you sweat a lot

You're certainly attentive tonight = Is sex all you ever think about?

Be romantic, turn out the lights = I have flabby thighs

This kitchen is so inconvenient = I want a new house

I want new curtains = ... and carpeting, and furniture, and wallpaper

Hang the picture there = NO, I mean hang it there!

I heard a noise = I noticed you were almost asleep

Do you love me? = I'm going to ask for something expensive

How much do you love me? = I did something today you're really not going to like

I'll be ready in a minute = Kick off your shoes and find a good game on TV

Is my butt fat? = Tell me I'm beautiful

You have to learn to communicate = Just agree with me

I'm not yelling! = Yes I am yelling because I think this is important

Men's English

I'm hungry = I'm hungry

I'm sleepy = I'm sleepy

I'm tired = I'm tired

Do you want to go to a movie = I'd eventually like to have sex with you

Can I take you out to dinner = I'd eventually like to have sex with you

Can I call you sometime = I'd eventually like to have sex with you

May I have this dance? = I'd eventually like to have sex with you

Nice dress! = Nice tits!

You look tense, let me give you a massage = I want to fondle you

What's wrong? = I guess sex tonight is out of the question

I'm bored = Do you want to have sex?

I love you = Let's have sex now

I love you, too = Okay, I said it... We'd better have sex now!

Yes, I like the way you cut your hair = Okay, I said it... We'd better have sex now!

Let's talk = I am trying to impress you by showing that I am a deep person and maybe then you'd like to have sex with me

Will you marry me? = I want to make it illegal for you to have sex with other guys

(While shopping): I like that one better = Pick any bloody dress and let's go home and have sex!

Hi all

Well there are a few developments in the pipeline but I can't say anything about most of them so I'm sorry but not much help there.

What I can say is I will need to contact all UK members as regards to the 8 series register. (I will do a separate post on this soon)

I would like to try and see if any one could contact Philippe. Nobody seems to be able to reach him!!!!

We need to know where this good site is going.
    Would he sell it? I don't know...
    Would he hand over day to day maintenance? Maybe...

It would be good if anyone could make contact!!!

In response to Jof's Q... What forum would that be ???? :)

I am ironing out the wrinkles of a few things and hopefully spread some good news soon to get us all in tune for the year ahead....

Thats all for now folks!!

Don't quote me on this but I think the brake and temparature things are un-related.

The temp thing could be a combination of either faulty thermostat, faulty fan clutch and air in the system. More likely to be the first two. Cheap fixes though so don't wory....

When you replace the thermostat be sure to bleed the system correctly. There is a certain way to do it....

I will try and find the procedure and post it here...

Good luck...

Hi Theo

I did mine from the top of the engine and yes the adjuster is on the top under the heat shield.

You can do it all without removing a thing as long as you are not built like the Hulk!!!!

Good Luck. :D