Beiträge von greenelekta

Still have my set of Throwing Stars with correct size Dunlop tyres for sale £500

Well, I hope you can get it working. The previous owner of my csi went back to Sytners several times to try and get the fault light from coming up on the dash. They gave up after charging him lots and suggested disconnecting it, which they did! That's main dealers for you!!

Zitat von 8Tech;89356

I should hope they worked out significantly less than the OEM replacements as the kits I have with the Magnecor leads and 40000V coils are under half the price!

8Tech.

Well worth it!

Yes, they do wear. I remember having my old M635 fail an MOT on that. I think I got the replacement from Eurocarparts but that was many years ago, don't know if they do one for an 8.

When one of my Bosch coils failed on my 850csi I decided to see what was available besides stock items. The original Bosch coils are rated at 10,000 volts and best suited to firing copper plugs. I want to run iridium plugs so an upgrade was needed.

I settled on M70 Nology Pro Fire Coils (from US) rated at over 45,000 volts, Magnecor 8.5 KV85 Ignition Wires and NGK ZFR5FIX-11 Iridium Plugs.

The coils had to come from the US as no one in the UK has them.
    I bought the ignition wires direct from Magnecore UK, they are based in Applbey Magna, leicestershire (01530 274975)

The coils fit perfectly on the stock mounting brackets with no modifications needed. The ignition wires won't fit through the stock black plastic tubes/holders so needed something to keep them off the exhaust headers.

I used 10mm stainless steel round bar cut to the same length as the original plastic holder and welded a couple of fixing lugs made from 30mm x 5mm stainless steel bar on in the same place as the original plastic fixings.

I used 10mm wire separators on the ignition wires and to hang them off the stainless bar.

I've done a couple of thousand miles now and all is working great.

How did it end up in Turkey Customs? How long has it been there?

The damage is all on the passenger side corner, the wheel has gone up and back into the foot well causing bulkhead damage + the chassis is bent on that side. Would need to be re-shelled so not worth doing Imo. At first I thought the passenger air bag had been deployed but it wasn't, it had been removed to survey the damage. I'm thinking no one was in the car or at least not in the passenger seat when the accident happened hence no air bags deployed. It's a mystery? The car was obviously well looked after and would have been one of the best 8's before the accident. I'm stripping it slowly, keeping some parts and selling some. Just want to know how it got damaged?

Zitat von Jud;88738

Yes it is.

Reinhard is alerted to this posting and hopefully the original poster (OP) will follow up with the Registry Volunteer Team at www.8coupe.com, register the vehicle, and then make a request via the Contacts page for the catalog archive.

We do have information on file for this 850CSi.

I have 3 8 series, 2 csi and an 840ci Sport can I register them all on www.8coupe.com?

Zitat von arnie;88737

Is this the one that was listed on eBay a little while back?

Yes, I bought the csi after seeing it on ebay. I already own a csi so took a punt as it was being sold as a non runner.
    The guy selling didn't know much about the car and had never had it running as he'd never been able to open the boot (no batteries) Don't think he'd even managed to open the bonnet!
    After fitting a couple of batteries donated from my other car the damaged csi started first time and all electrics worked!!!!!!!! The dash showed the mileage to be 86,000 and it had half a tank of petrol. Engine is beautiful
    I checked with BMW and received a printout of the cars history/visits (24) to BMW since it was new to just before it was damaged. The mileage is correct.
    I was hoping someone here in England might remember the car? Also curious to find out how the damage happened.

Can you help?
    I recently bought a damaged 850csi. It has accident damage on the passenger side front.
    The car is showing 86,000 miles and I managed to get a history print out from BMW which confirms this.
    I have no intention to put the car back on the road and bought for parts for my own csi.

Car is Oxford Green and has 18" Alpinas. Vin CC88146, Original Reg was M585 STF but now is MCF116X.
    Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.
    "eldavehell@aol.com"[/email]

No, the head rests have always been one colour. I have another csi with the same interior, head rests are also one colour. Think it's just the picture makes them appear lighter, I think they'll be the same shades of silver/grey as yours

BMW 850csi Sport Seats

BMW Indivdual Bi Colour Two Tone Leather Sport Seats + Door & Rear Side Cards + Rear Seat Divider

Removed From My 850csi (5.6, 6 Speed Manual)
    Right Hand Drive (UK Car)
    Very Rare Original Grey/Silver Leather Interior
    Back Seats Are The Folding/Drop Down Type
    Please Note The Front Seats Were Re Dyed Some Time Ago To Freshen The Colour.
    Passenger Seat Is Still Excellent But The Driver Seat Could Do With Re Dying To Make Excellent
    Collect Only
    SOLD