Beiträge von al

Guys,

It has come to my attention, almost one year on, that more of you than i thought didn't receive HID kits from the group buy that i organised.

Twice now in the last month i have received emails asking for money back... it has been over 12 months, how am I to verify who received their kits and who didnt and who is 'jumping on the bandwagon'.

The supplier has since disappeared, i have heard nothing from them for almost a year so there is very little I can actually do???

This is a courtesy post to apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused and apologise on behalf of the absent supplier for any orders that were not fulfilled, but I cannot be expected to refund all monies paid.

Alex

The money he, and anybody else, sent me went straight to the supplier who clearly kept some of the money and didnt sent all of the kits out. This includes money taken for kits for family and personal friends.

Im not getting into this debate again but i think the total stands at about £1500, £500 of which is my personal money.

I love how one day i get an email asking for assistance and the next im branded a scammer :roll:

Zitat von Jud

Now, that's not to say we have a problem with a certain UK 8er owner regarding lighting. That is, and continues, to be a disappointment to the 8er community.

Im not going to try and explain myself again, instead i have stayed away and hung my head in shame.

It was out of my control, i am sorry to the ones who have lost money but i am in there too.

I am not, and never have been, a scammer :roll: so to tar me with the same brush is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, im not willing to start giving people £150 there and £150 here just because they tell me that their kits havent arrived. I dont for one second think that Alex isnt telling the truth but in other cases, how am i to know whether or not they have the kit?

Refunding people out of my own pocket sets a precedent and could cause me a lot of problems.

Imagine 20 people decide to tell me they didnt receive their kit?

£3000?

Whether i can or cannot afford it, and at the moment £1000 isnt something i have lying about, its not the issue.

I will however, continue to email and research in the hope i can dig something up.

Ive been down every route i can think of to be honest.

He has been bombarded with emails, but the email address i have for him is a googlemail account and when i contacted the company that he said he worked for, it turned out that he didnt work for them :shock:

He said he was in the USA, yet most of his deliveries came from Hong Kong etc which he said was due to the fact his company had factories over there and in 4 other countries worldwide.

I know him only as "Andy".

So, where do i go from here? No address as the company address he gave is not his company, no contact phone number as the number of "his company" is an HID supplier but they have not heard of him, no reply to his internet based email address and not even a full name to track down as the header in his email was HIDS4U Customer Service.

Hindsight is a great thing, perhaps i was stupid to believe him but he certainly knew what he was talking about over email with regards to how they worked/were constructed etc and when i ordered one as a tester, it turned up within the week - i just took it from there. I always thought i was web-wise enough not to ever get ripped off but it just goes to show how easy it is.

Very early on, there was one person who didnt receive a kit, but i chased this up and he told me it was an oversight and sent it out ASAP. Just as a few have said i came across as a nice chap, Andy did too.

Please believe me when i tell you, i never set out to rip anyone off, and none of this is my doing. Also accept my apologies for the inconvenience and what may amount to a £150 loss but i just cant do any more about it than what i have done and am currently doing.

Its a dead end, so any suggestions are welcome and will be gratefully received.

It would appear to be the supplier that has cut and run, not myself. He has cut contact with me owing me 2 kits that i ordered personally for friends of mine. We had actually forgotten we had ordered them so it wasnt until 6 weeks down the line we realised they had never come.

Everything was going so well, money was coming to me, i was collecting a list and when i had the 3 at a time required for him to do them at a cut price, i was sending over the money and the kits were being delivered...

So immediately i stopped taking any money from people and tried to get in contact with the chap i had been dealing with... i got nowhere. Absolutely nowhere. Meanwhile, another person had contacted me saying they had a faulty bulb, i sent them the returns address i had, they returned the bulb but heard nothing back...

So here is the situation I am in, i am not too sure of the number of people who never received their KID kits, perhaps more will come out of the woodwork (obviously i hope not) when they remember they ordered a kit or maybe they wont. But personally I am £300 out of pocket plus some paypal fees which we have discussed and Alex is also £150 out of pocked.

The way i see it, i organised the group buy, for everyone in the club and it seems to have fallen through somewhere down the line. If it turns out 5 people have not received kits do I return £150 to each of them leaving me £1050 down in total?

I cant afford to do it. So im stuck.

Sorry ive taken so long to get in touch, Jud pointed this thread out via email to me, ive not been on in a long while.

So thats 750Euros to date :shock:

Sorry to hear that guys but even club members can be dodgy, he may well have joined up simply to make himself known before he went in for the kill?

As a side note, guys, you should never use Western Union to send money to someone you are not 100% comfortable with.

Its very difficult to recover money through paypal at the best of times, never mind when its not on an ebay transaction, and it becomes almost impossible if they have withdrawn the money already.... as i am finding out as we speak due to the HID supplier leaving me in the $hit.

Lucky people!

Cost of purchase, insurance, MOT, servicing, repairs etc must be nearing £100k - £65k ish was just purchasing in the first place!

Dealer offered me £9k trade in towards the 535d before xmas - er, no thanks.

He only gave me £19k for the 53 plate 530d!

Cars = expensive business!

Your bulbs are 9006 if you car is a US version.

Are you talking about HID Xenon full kits or just the xenon filled bulbs?

If its the former then i should be able to get hold of a kit for you as per the group buy we have already had, i would need to check though.

Translate if you will please Fabrice :wink:

Before i purchased by HID kit, i did a lot of research including visiting many forums and contacting users of various kits that were on the market through ebay.

Some report that the light from their kit "scatters" and directs it up, down, left and right which is a danger to other road users. The beam pattern on these kits is much, much better using much better quality components.

Due to this, it will pass any MOT tests that you have to put it through, the problem with some of the kits on ebay is that they wont because when they align the headlights, the beam pattern is totally incorrect.

I had more than one person tell me that their car had failed - and mine passed with flying colours.

This was just the research that i did, and may not affect all the kits available, however, i paid the extra money for the extra peace of mind, 220 euros spent is better than 100 euros wasted.

All the best

Alex

For the purposes of clarity;

You have your folder named the same as the thread.

Inside this folder you will have a number of pictures and a word pad document with all the text.

I have a problem in that i have Mac and therefore no wordpad, just Microsoft Word.

It worried me for a minute as well! :shock:

OK, well here is what we need to do and if we can do it starting asap then that would be good!

It is a very basic task, very basic indeed but given the circumstances i am told it is the best way to back up our data quickly and easily.

Wayne, if you could take "Off Topic"

Tony, could you take pages 1-10 in "Main Discussion"

Alex/Schnitz, could you take 11-20 in "Main Discussion"

Jason, could you take 21-30 in "Main Discussion"

Nickey B, could you take 31-40 in "Main Discussion"

Evren, could you take 41-49 in "Main Discussion"

I will take the showroom, classifieds and dealer forums.

Once this is done, we need to move on to Technics forum and "ClubE31 Forum".

Right, to the nitty gritty.

We need to scour our alloted pages, looking for topics that we think add to the club and contain information that we need to keep, things such as "Cruise Control Retrofit" in the Main Discussion need to be kept but topics such as "Best Wishes 2007" in Off Topic wont really bring anything to the club or the new forums.

Basically you just need to use your discretion.

What we need to do is open said topic, and "select all" - i think most will know how to do it but for the avoidance of doubt, right click with your mouse and click select all. Then copy and paste this into a word document. Save this document into a folder and name it the same as the topic.

After we have the main body of the topic, we need to save any pictures that may be in the topic by right clicking and clicking "save picture as" - now name that picture "picture 1" and put it in the newly created folder with the word document. If there are more than one picture then name then "picture 2", "picture 3" etc etc - you get the idea

:lol:

Its all a very simplistic way of doing things but its the way it needs to be done.

When this is done in your selected forums, let me know 8)

Once again, the club and I thank you in advance for all your hard work :D