Beiträge von al

Guys,

As Fabrice has mentioned in the other thread, i am to gather the troops so to speak in order to help backup the interesting parts of this site for migration over to the new site.

It is all very straight forward stuff, no compter knowledge needed really.

In short, we need to take copies of all the data on the site, which is a ball ache and will take a lot of time but it needs to be done.

Once i have a few people willing to help out, i will delegate different parts of the site to different people and add further instructions.

I dont know how much you guys know about the situation the club is in but basically there are a lot of security flaws in the forum software on the server side which is enabling the hacking attacks that we have had going on lately. The hosting company has asked us to upgrade at a cost to ourselves and as we are planning on hosting the site on a kind members own personal servers this would be money wasted.

Therefore the hosting company are threatening to take the site offline and this could happen any day.

(Jud/Fabrice, if i have got any of this wrong then feel free to correct)

So it stands to reason that the faster we get this done the better, i am just asking for a couple of hours of your time maybe?

Thanks

Alex

Fabrice,

Perhaps you could translate this into French for the benefit of the rest of you guys :wink:

It was good to speak to you earlier on, sorry i had to cut it short, i had a few things to sort out before it got too late in the day.

Obviously i am glad that this has been sorted out, and i must apologise for the 'attitude' i displayed in a few of my posts, i was just a little dismayed at the whole 'scam' story.

Onwards on upwards guys, i am more than happy to help sort out the English side of things, and obviously anything i can do to help, just give me a call/email.

I dont know if any of my French posts above have made much sense (thank you for editing some of them) but just to reiterate, these kits are still available, for about another week, the price in Euros is 220, which is a very low price for this standard of kit.

I am aware that you can get kits for cheaper than this on ebay, but i would warn you that they can be dangerous to oncoming road users and sourcing spare parts is also a problem. Cheaper kits have a tendency to 'scatter' light and in the UK will fail the MOT. My 840Ci Sport has already passed its MOT with this kit on.

I must also add that these kits have a 2 year warranty.

If you wish to order then reply to this thread with your email address and we can continue from there.

Cette offre finit bientôt.

Si vous voulez passer commande alors vous avez deux semaines supplémentaires.

Répondre ici avec votre email address si vous souhaitez passer commande.

Thanks Tony, I'm still finding this whole thing quite bizarre, if i had found that post on another forum i could understand but we are all part of the same club.

You lot that have your kits, I'm glad that you are happy with them and to be honest, as much as I go on about wondering why I bother, it makes it all worth it when people appreciate the effort.

Le kit coute normalement £300, mais je le propose à £150. Si ce kit vous interresse, merci de mettre votre email ci-dessous.

Le kit est un des meilleurs disponible. J'ai fait beaucoup de recherche.

I would LOVE to know where your member got the idea it was a scam? It sounds to me like this was a guess, an ill-informed one at that.

I took it upon myself to offer what i believed to be a good deal to the whole of the club, so i simply used details that are freely available to any other member of this club and sent out an email. How anybody can report to have been unhappy after receiving the email i do not know. Why SHOULDNT i have sent them an email??? What do you mean, you will rectify if i am right? What did i do? Get all the UK members in on it with me, to pretend they received really good kits in order to rip the French guys off? Get real.

I have replied to your email, with my phone number, and a time that you can call me to clear all of this up - although to be honest with you, i couldnt care less if it gets cleared up or not as I'm more likely than not going out through the 'door' and not coming back.

I dont know what the problem is, but i cant believe that their little section is so disjointed from the rest of the club that they failed to see the many references in the "main discussion" area of the site.

Further to that, that without any research at all condemned me as a scammer.

I will admit, the language barrier is tough, and perhaps i wouldnt be annoyed with the situation if a) they had asked a question in here also or b) i wasnt condemned as a scammer straight off.

Fabrice should have seen the the reference to member and moderator for over 3 years and a couple of clicks would have confirmed that yes there is an alex who has been a member for 3 years, yes he is a moderator and yes his email is "insert email address" - for him to say straight from the off that its a scam and not to respond is pathetic.

Im getting really disheartened with this club of late. Obviously apart from the regulars who i get on with well etc, yourself included, there isnt much to hang around for.

http://www.clube31.net/forum/v…s=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There is even a post from the webmaster of this forum telling people not to respond as I am a scammer.

As one of the longest standing members of this forum and as someone who has stuck with it through thick and thin and tried my best to help Philippe out back in the day when it might all have gone down the drain, its a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Perhaps we need clube31-for-french.com - make it totally seperate.

With the help of a translator...

Zitat

Bonjour,
    Je ne suis peut être pas le seul à avoir reçu cette offre. Je ne pense pas connaître cet Alex BERGH ... Alors si quelqu'un vois de qui il s'agit ... Merci de me donner quelques précisions . Si le contenu s'avère fiable, cela pourrait intéresser certain d'entre nous...
    A+
    Jacques

I am Alex BERGH and if you haven't seen me around on the forums then presumably you dont speak English? I have been a member for well over 3 years as pointed out and there are many people on here who have got the kits from me in the past and you will find it is very reliable.

Zitat

moi aussi j ai recu aussi ce mail je n ai pas trop compris a quoi il voulais en venir pour ce kit xenon j en ai trouver a 199euros que j ai acheter c est une boite en allemagne qui les vends si ca vous parait a tous raisonable comme tarifs je posterai l adresse de cette boutique

There are thousands of kits out there, look on ebay, you can probably pick up an H1 or 9006 bulb type kit for under £100? Many are of inferior quality and quite frankly are dangerous to oncoming road users.

You pay your money, you take your chance...

See above

What evidence do you have to back up this claim? NONE!

See the HID Feedback thread in the main chat area.

Zitat

Salut Pierre-Marie,je suis allé sur le site que tu propose c'est vrai que le prix est très interressant car en général c'est environ 300€.Par contre il faut savoir que des modéles HID prennent en compte les ODB pour évité que le défaut lampe code s'affiche en permanence,sinon ilfaut installer une résistance pour compenser.Amitiés.Franck.

The kits included in our group buy are plug and play and there are no problems with the OBC.

Zitat

Dsl d'arriver après la bataille mais je vous confirme que le mail perso que vs avez reçu d'Alex Bergh est une arnaque surtout N'Y REPONDEZ PAS.
    Pierre Marie merci pour ton post, je pense aussi installer les xenons dont tu fais mention. Ce serait sympa qu'on s'organise un petit atelier technique chez Philippe Quentin un samedi ou dimanche prochainement et que nous montions ensemble ce petit kit pour ceux qui sont intéressés. Par ailleurs on pourrait lors de cet atelier voir d'autres sujets comme le réglage des sièges électriques ou/et autres????
    Si vous êtes ok faites le savoir ds ce post et vos dates de dispo. Je contacte Philippe pour connaître ses dispos.

Thank you Mr. Webmaster and Moderator, you will note that i have been a member of this forum since January 2004, a year and a half before you became a member. If you had taken a quick look at a member list, you would have seen this. If you paid any attention at all to the main sections of this forum then again you would have seen this.

Zitat

sorry for writing in English but I can read a little French but write none at all
    I've been following the HID threads on the forum and there seem to be a lot of people that have bought the HID kits from Al and seem happy - I also received an email telling me about the kits. I'm curious, I was thinking of buying one of the kits as the feedback seems good but now I'm worried as you mention that it's a scam (arnaque). What's the story here?

The story here is that people are throwing around wild accusations and tarnishing my name. AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

As already stated, many have had these kits already and are more than happy!

Zitat

salut fabric, c net pas une arnaque, je ne sais pas pourqoui vous le penser, je les et acheter et ils sons de trais bonne qualite, pour seus quil parle laglais vous povait voir les post de *hid installation*, *hid feedback* recent, c genuin + ils ya de link et instruction sur des led pour les farre de cotes vue q la difference de couleur et trop grande avec les hid...............bonne chance

Precisely.

-------------------

It does make me wonder, yet again, why i bother. Im doing it for no personal gain, in fact as some of you will know, Paypal fees have actually meant i am subsidising your kits. But dont let that stop you telling everyone this is a scam.

Guys, quick reminder for you!

If your car tax is due at the end of this month, as mine is, then get it bought before 21st - that way if car tax goes up in the budget, you wont get stung.

I know its not likely to be a fortune but any money in our pockets is better than in Mr. Browns.

911... its nice but its hard work and its hard to go for a relaxing drive, i have looked many times at it and test driven a fair few models.

840... relaxing drive and can shift when you want it to, but remember the 8 series isnt a sports car, its a grand tourer and is obviously a fair bit slower.