Beiträge von tee.

I have been thinking about doing this myself for a while now, and I rekon the only way is to use enclosed filters. Prob not want you want to hear but I am going to buy some filters in carbon housing (viper, gruppe m, bmc or simular) and take out the intake boxes and run ducting straight to the grill, thus keeping the airflow cold. If I were you I would remove the intake boxes and put ducting in as this will bring more fresh air to the filters.
    I am not expecting to gain hp I am doing it for looks mostly.

Probably totally wrong, but hey :lol:

Hi Nick, hows it going?

Does it run hot while moving or only on idle?
    Did you say the aux fan is not running?

The air filters will not make any difference to the coolent temp.

If you still have probs give me a call, if you still have my number. If not I will mail it to you.

Hope I can be of some help

Tee

You are definayelt right Rob! Get a live from under the bonnet.

I would go for an ignition fed wire. They are all over the engine bay, loads in the fuse box (righthand side of engine bay) and e-box (lefthand side of engine bay).
    If you really want to go through the bulkhead you will have to go through the fuse box, and trust me, this is a nightmare job!

Hope this helps.

By the way Rob I am trying to organise a photoshoot and drive of a few 8's, so send me some detail of when you are free. Prob end up in a bit of a beer session :lol:

Tee

I am in Surrey. Pretty near to Croydon. I am about 5 mins off J6 M25.

I am thinking of breaking away from BMW now and starting my own business so I need to get a client base. I already look after alot of BMW's and a couple of 8's.
    I have worked for BMW for nearly 8 years now and I am a Senoir tech and hope to be taking my Masters soon.

There is a little history on myself so you know where I am coming lrom, oh yeah... and I am an 8 series owner and lover! :D

Totally agree guys, great day. Nice to put some faces to the names.

A big thanks to Alex for sorting the day out!

I will put some pics on here later that I took today.

We need to organize an 8 series meet soon where we can take some pics of all the 8's together in some "scenic" places. I will try to get Paul "Miricle" to come along to keek them all looking mint!!, my take some persuading.

Also nice to hit the speed limiter on the way up the M40 this morning, without being caught :lol:

Tee

You need to speak to Greg K on the 8 series forum on roadfly. He manufactures his own antiroll bar kit and it is THE best for the 8. I will be ordering mine soon!

Tee

I was also looking into this for my csi but opted away from it in the end.
    The main reason being that I was told I could have atleast 200hp on a progressive system, but this would involve quite a large tank and refills would be expensive and the nearest refill station was quite a way away.

For £2000 I guess that includes a progressive controller, you dont want to fire it all in at once and melt a piston!

I was speaking to the wizaeds of nos about it and they seem to know there stuff!

You need to speak to gerrycsi on roadfly, he has it on his csi

Zitat von davidmiller

My auto login works ok. Have you enabled cookies on your browser?

You've lost me now! What the feck are cookies?
    I have heard of them but do not know what they are.

My auto login works on other sites.

Sorry, I am reading the thread but I have already replied to you thread on roadfly.
    I will be there early sunday. What time are you getting to the event, maybe I will meet you before we go in?

Tristan