Beiträge von tee.

The actuator is the £2500 unit under the car, the control unit is behind the drivers side boot trim, there is also a relay for it there aswell. Check here that there is no water ingress causing the problem.

I think there is some confusion here.

AHK is rear wheel steering, and as far as I know there is no way to turn it off without the proper diagnostic toll.
    ethurty1 I think you are referring to the ASC ( automatic stability control )

POK - are you saying the AHK control unit or actuator under the car if faulty.
    If it is the actuator, then I have replaced one of these before. I would suspect that getting a second hand unit would be pretty much impossible.

Tell me what you need and I will ask about.

Tristan

Theo

I have a set of csi mirrors sitting in my garage in Calypso red, but can obviously be sprayed. They are brand new complete with glasses.

A may be willing to part with them

Tristan

Hello Steve

Right, so when it does not start does it even turn over or is there no cranking at all?
    There are so many things this could be. There is an inhibitor switch on the gear lver which stops you starting when it gear, these fail quite often.
    What year is the car?
    The best thing to do is to send me a mail and I will give you my phone no. and you can phone me. I can speak quicker than I can type :D

Sorry for the late reply but there is something wrong with this site that is not telling me when there are new posts!!

Well done schnitz!
    We needed somebody to do the organisation for this event. I would have loved to have done it but I do not have the time to do it by my self.
    If you need any help please feel free to mail me.

People need to register at 8-fest.com so we get an idea of attendance.

Tee

tristanward.co.uk
    tee@tristanward.co.uk

Theo, have you a link to this place in Aus, I would be very interested in seeing the carbon fibre finish they do.

Cheers
    T

They cost £350 and are stainless. I already had the system from the cats back, so this was just a simple cat replacement.

I can not e bothered to do the manifolds as I doubt I would gain any noticale HP and the cost would be insain!

Yes, the cenre console does need to be taken out to remove the air con control panel as it is bolted from the back, but it is a piece of piss to do.

I will try and post some pics for you later or tomorrow.

Tee

You need To use a diagnostic tool to read out the status of certain componants.
    If the diagnosis machine can not get into ANY control units it means that one of the many control unit in the car may have a short to earth in it. This may not effedt the operation of the control unit but it will shut down the whole diagnosis line.
    What you need to do is diconnect the EKM electronic body module behind the glovebox. This is a diagnosis gateway to over half the control units so this narrows down the search for the faulty one!
    Now try and get into the DME's again. If this still does not work, the problem lies in one of the control unit before the EKM. I can not remember without looking at the schumatic but I think these are the DME's , EML, instrument cluster and a couple more.
    Once in to the control units, compare the statuses between DME 1 and DME 2.
    Come back with some results and I will try and help......
    Sounds like it could be a Sticky hydraulic lifter though.

Any questions, give me a shout!

T