Beiträge von tee.

GOT my car back today and there is a definate improvement.
    It seems more free revng and there is a definate increase in mid-range torque!
    Hayward and scott have done a very nice job, I will post some pics when I get it up on my ramp.

The only prob is the noise. There is a bit of a rasp noise at about 3000rpm. I hope this is just the stainlesssteel noise befor it cokes up....
    we will see.
    If it is not then I will get them to put a couple of silencers in.

All in all though I am A happy man!

T

Pok
    I will take the details to work tomorrow and see what I can do.

If you are going to the Gaydon meet I will have my car there and you can see how much better an afterarket sound system is! :D

hayward and Scott are de-catting my csi on monday.
    You have to keep the lambda sensors but they are before the cat so you can remove the cat without a problem. I have been told I may even get another 20bhp from removing them.
    I will find out on tuesday.

t

Sorry guys, computer been down for a while.

If you are interested in getting your wheels done here is the info:
    J P Polishing
    Unit 11 Kings Close
    Charfleets industriai estate
    Canvey Island
    Essex
    http://www.jppolishing.co.uk
    The guys name is John
    Tell him I (Tristan)have sent you and you should get a good price!

Sorry to steal the thread slightly, but are all windows ment to close at 100mph? because only my fronts do( which seems a bit strange) and I dont really want to take a customers car to 100mph to try it out.

Been very busy guys.
    Sorting out the car..... the audio system is taking so long to install! :(

I will be attending the Gaydon meet

The item to be powder coated is sand blasted.
    Then the item is electrostatically charged and the "powder" coat is applied using a special gun. The powder particals still to the item as it is static.
    Then the item is baked in the oven at about 200*.

The finish is ment to be alot tougher than paint.
    I got mine done in this chrome effect and I personally think it looks better than when they were polished, plus they are alot easier to keep clean.

Some of you may remember seeing some pics of my polishes Schnitzer rims.
    Well because they were bare polished alloy and I did not look after them they ended up looking like they were made of brake dust, and they could not be re-polished! :cry:

I took them back to the guy who polished them and he now powder coats.
    I got them powder coated and I think they look even better than before.
    Take a look:

He does all diferent colours and gets a really good finish thats harder than paint.

Are people interested in using Zymol?

A very good friend of mine is the only UK registered Zymol Detailer.
    If anyone is interested in using Zymol please tell me as I am trying to get him to come to the Gaydon meet.

Should have got mine done by then so you can all have a look!

You can try removing the pad and de-glazing them witha bit of emery cloth. Also regrease the pad as people do not realise that it can be the edges of the pad vibrating dry in the caliper carrier.

While your there you could get a file and chamfer the leading and trailing edges of the pad.

This may work :) , but sometimes you can just nerver get rid of it.

Tee

Does illumination of the gauges fail aswell.
    If it does I would expect it to be a power supply problem to the cluster itself.
    If not then it is probably a fault with the "electronic body module" EKM.
    This does all the calculations and sends the data to the instrument cluster along a "bus" multiplex line.

What Clifford installer are you using?
    Seems to me like you need to find another.
    Alot of people moan about Clifford, but if you have them installed correctly you will have very little problem with them. I have had a major discusion with many Clifford installers and Directed ( who own Clifford )
    and it is ALL down to the installation.

My advise is to go onto a forum called talk audio. http://www.talkaudio.co.uk
    Send a private message to a guy called "gary@directed". He has been a great help to me and I'm sure will help you.

T

not that I know of mate. On the 8 that panel just hold the switches and pots, the actual control unit is behind the heater box. On the E36 that panel is actually the control unit aswell.

Hello Nick... got the fuel gauge sorted yet? :lol:

What Clifford is it?
    Even if it somehow went into valet mode it should come out of it every time you turn the ignition on/off.

Are you sure all plug connections were reconnected?

Alasdair

I work for a BMW dealership and this csi I now own was a regular customer of ours.
    I was the technician who always looked after this car and the guy who owned it before me bought the wheels and alot of the other mods when he owned it.
    Then he decided to sell and I bought it :D

Since then I have carried out alot of other mods, but he done most the expensive stuff :D

If you are interested in the Schnitzers I can see what I can get them for, as I get a discount! but I warn you now they are not cheap!

T