Beiträge von tee.

OK. The v12 engine is like two seperate engines using one crank.
    It uses two:
    fuel pumps
    fuel filters
    inlet manifolds
    air mass meters
    engine control units
    throttle control units
    electronic throttles
    coils

So, it is getting spark and fuel.
    Is the fuel pressure the same on both sides?
    Should be about 2-3 bar
    Are both throttle motors opening properly?
    What is the flow rate of air on both sides according to the air mass meters? Are they the same?
    Also what are the additve and multiply vaules according to the oxygen senors? This will indicate whether the faulty bank is running rich/lean.

This is a start.
    You do need a very capable dianonsis machine for this, prefably a BMW one. If this is a "back street garage", I would strongly recc taking this to a BMW dealership. I know this is expensive but they should find the fault quicker.

Any questions, PM me.

Tristan

Zitat

Just a thought. Don't use AC Schnitzer wheels if you care the least bit about performance. Unlike most 18" wheels that weigh 18-20 LBS, the AC Schnitzers always seem to weigh 30 lLBS or more. Big handicap. Though the polished ones on the black car one of the members has are nice, one of my favorite "looking" wheels.

No disrespect Stuart but I have run my car on the Schnitzers and the original 17"'s and it handles ALOT better with the Schnitzers. :lol:

I dont think 5 kg per corner unsprug weight really matters on a 2 tonne motor. Dont get me wrong, they are bloody heavy but it really does handle well. Probably something to do with the 245 front and 285 rear rubber!

Zitat

Maybe make some money out of us members who may want similar things done?

I knew I should have made some molds of them!

Im sure I would be happy to help

Here are some pics of the doorbuilds to hold the Orion concept componants for those of you who are interested.
    They took me about 60 hours to build and a friend of mine about a week to stitch the leather.

The system from the cats back was already on the car when I got it but i THINK it was about £2000!!

But when you hear it you wiil agree it was definately worth it!

I would not bother. Need to speak to you to get a few more facts but I am pretty sure it will be the EKM (electronic body module).
    These retail at about £560. They are easy to fit but require coding.

Ring me tomorrow on the number I sent you and I will explain.

Zitat

Great looking CSI. DO you have a modified exhaust system?

Cheers!

I do have a modified exhaust. It is a custom system from the cats back made by a company called Hayward & Scott. I am going to get them to do the de-cat in acouple of months too!.... more horse power, and more noise!

For those who know, this is what is going in:

Alpine IVA-900R
    Alpine PXA-H700
    Orion hcca 150r
    Orion hcca 275r
    Orion hcca 225r*2
    Orion hcca 5s
    Orion concept 98.1
    Mb quart qsd 210
    JL audio 8w7*2
    Optima yellow top
    Wired mbr70*2
    Brax multi controller*2
    Alumapro 15 farad cap
    And a sh*t load of Dynamat!

I am a bit of an audio fanatic!

Cheers guys!

Zitat

I have rated your car with a 10. Please post pics of the Interior.
    Manfred

I am in the process of intalling about £10,000 worth of audio/visual equipment atm so the interior is a mess, but soon as it is done the pics will be up!

Zitat

That ACS front spoiler is awesome!
    niiice!!! How much is the ACS front spoiler cost?

It was about 7-800 pounds but they are no longer available. I do have a spare in the garage but Philippe has first refusal on it.

Zitat

Is the car lowered at all ?

Any other mods ?

Yes the car is lowered. It has:
    Full Schnitzer lowered suspension which has made so much difference!
    Full schnitzer aero kit with csi boot spoiler
    Haywood and scott exhaust system which sounds like an Aston
    18" hand polished schnitzer wheels with 245's on the front and 285@s on the back!
    And a few bit inside which you will all see when ready.

Just need a brake upgrade now!

Hello Nick
    Afraid this is a problem I know of.
    If the dash read out is uncorrect but the range function in the obc is ok then it is 99% the dash cluster pcb inself... the part you have been quoted for.
    If neither work then its more likely to be one or both of the fuel senders in the tank.

If you want more info and prices to sort the fault pm me and I will give you my phone no.

Tristan

Yes this is a fact that unevenly charged batteries do drain each other!
    I have never had a problem with this though.
    If you do have a problem with them draining, i suggest you get a battery isolator. You need to fit this between the two batteries, when the igntion is switched off in disconnects the two batteries. When you turn the ignition back on it reconnects the batteries.
    You can make one of these quite easily with one normal relay and one high current one.
    If you need more info I will try and post up a diagram.

Tristan

Hello Ian.

I can say that it is very unlikely that the replacement of the cat would have caused this prob.

There is a plate/hose at the back of the b;ock that alway leaks... this could be your problem. If it is then there is no way that they have caused the problem.

Where are you located?

I work for BMW south of the M25.

If your dealer will not help then take it elsewhere.

Tristan