Beiträge von nickcropper

Zitat von al

I love that pic - REALLY does the car justice! :P

I totally agree. Even my wife said she loved the angle of that pic - damn i hate it when my wife tells me that another guy has come up with a better position!!!!!!!!!! Nick :wink:

Feel Stupid!

Hi

I got Le Transporteur mixed up with Dr E31. Sorry Le Transporteur. I get too excited when I'm in the Forum and forget which car is who's (kinda like a kid in a sweet shop :P !!!!!!

That's one helluva a shine you got on your 850 there!
    Think I'll take yoru advice and go order myself a clay bar now. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks so much for your advice regarding the clay bar. I have been tempted to use one but something has always stopped me (probably because I have never used one before :? )

Thanks also for the advice regarding Zaino.

Ian recommeded that I check out the detailing section of Roadfly which I have done. It's very interesting but there are so many products out there. I will look at the Guru wax report.

Regarding your English. It is very good. It is much better than my French (assuming you are French-Canadian?).

I love Calypso red. I was torn between buying a Mauritius Blue and a Calypso Red 850, but the blue one had lower mileage and was in better condition.

Thanks once again. I am looking forward to the spring/summer - it is this time when I personally think that the 8's come to life!

Nick

Thanks

Thanks for the tips.

Apart from a few stone chips on the nose (not bumper), the car should come up well. I'll keep you updated.

I took Tuesday off as it was a mild and sunny day. I used Zymol HD Cleanse and Zymol Concours, but the swirls are still there. I've also ordered some ScratchX from Meguiars which should be here next week. I'll also give that a try.

From what I've heard though, it looks like Zaino is aimed at perfectionists, so it may be the answer.

Bet you're looking Look forward to the spring!

Nick

Zaino

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the tip with Zaino.

I e-mailed them and Sal Zaino replied. I'm going to order some products and have it sent to our office in Florida who will in turn send it onto me. For anyone who hasn't got a contact in the States they can order through, Zaino have English speaking distributors in Germany and Singapore - although this would be a slightly more expensive option.

If the products are as good as I been hearing, it looks like my quest for the perfect detailing gear is over!

Thanks once again Ian,

Nick

PS Hope your 8A8Y'S getting better!

THANKS!

Thanks guys,
    I was tempted to buy this. I saw it (or something similar) on e-bay last week. Like Al says, it's only cheap so if it doesn't work you can simply bin it.
    Thanks once again!
    Nick

SWIRLS

If you look closely in direct sunlight, most dark cars have swirl marks. A lot of people don't generally notice them, but when it's your own car and you've spent hours washing, prepping and waxing the car and they're still there................... :evil: It can really pi** you off!

Thanks

Hi Ian,

Thanks for replying.

I thought I was the only one with the obsession! I'll have a mooch around the sites you've mentioned.

Please let me know how you get on with the products - especially the clay bar.

I've just ordered some bits from Meguiars including the ScratchX swirl remover - I'll let you know whether it works. Just have to wait for a dry day!

Thanks once again!

Nick

Although the swirl marks on my 850 are not serious and not deep, they are there. I've tried lots of products, including giving the car the full Zymol treatment (even upgraded from Zymol Carbon wax to Concours estate glaze) but I still notice the swirl marks in the sun (not that we get much here in Machester!).....

In the eternal search for that perfect finish, does anyone have any suggestions?

Nick