Beiträge von dmatin

GOOD ADVICE MATE

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the advice - I will look into it. I'm looking at dropping the ride height 10mm at the back and 25 - 30 mm at the front ( no more than that ) . Looks like I'll have to find a good workshop to take care of matters. Just to clarify, will any further adjustment to the springs at the front no matter how small a drop in height require the adjusttable K - Mac's or can I get away with a certain amount of drop in height before I need them? If so what sort of how many mm drop can I do without the need for K- macs if your in the know.

Your advice has been greatly appreciated !

Thanks
    Del

Respray

Hi All ,

The respray cost around £3000 from an official BMW dealer. I managed to get a great deal while they were working on some other stuff on my car.

By the way Theo thanks for the answer about the springs - I was happy with the lowering using the m-tech stuff and the ride is great but the gap in the front wheel arch is around 2 inches still. I was originally going to put on Alpina springs as they lower the front of the car a bit more than M- tech so all the stuff I read about them says but I could not get any info about specific ride height drops hence I went with the M- Tech stuff. Do you know about the Alpina spring specs - any ideas about lowering the front using a different spring combo ? ANy help would be greatly apprecaieted.

Thanks
    Del

Hi,

Just wanted to say that BMW Parklane have been looking after my 840Ci sport for the last 3 years. Lots of things have been fixed under their comprehensive used warranty. I personally have been very pleased with the service I have recieved. Sometimes I have to say that things have taken a little time to fix - but once its been pointed out they do fix it which in the light of some problems that have been borderline ie warranty items or not they have done the work under warranty.

Thanks
    Del

Parking !

By the way the I'd never park that close to a car in front - but in this case the car in front belonged to me as well so no worries about some idot doin the usual reverse until I hit something routine which is so common in London !

I own up its my Car ! - Del

Hi !

Couldn't log when I posted the pics hence the 'Guest' login. By the way Ian well deduced it was my car :-

Its a 1997 840ci Sport - Avus Blue
    The whole car has been resprayed at BMW , genuine Alpina Wheels, brand new M-Tech Suspension ( was thinking of aftermarket springs etc but didn't want the usual camber problems ). The car feels tight as the day it left the factory - especially with the new wheels, grip is something else ! The suspension still needs wearing in so hopefully after a bit of driving it will be sitting nicer. I have to say I was thinking of buying a jag XK8 recently but after much thought a jag does not turn as many heads and no way is it as well built.