Beiträge von PJB

Thanks for the reply Arnie.

I used realoem originally and found this illustration. This is why I am so confused, because when I checked the locations for items 6 and 7 there is no switch fitted there :banghead:.

I will double check the drivers side footwell just in case I missed something or a previous owner has made some modifications.

Cheers,
    Paul.

I thought that this was a relatively straightforward request considering the vast wealth of experience and knowledge on this site. Maybe I was wrong ;-).

Can anybody tell me where the brakelight switch is fitted on a 1996 840ci. I have looked underneath both footwells but cannot seem to find:hmmmm:

Cheers
    Paul.

Yes I looked here and the part that I think I require looks like item number 4 on the drawing, but then this number is not listed in the parts list.

My cruise control has suddenly developed a mind of its own :? . What I mean by that is, it decides if it's going to work or not. Sometimes it's fine :) , sometimes it will not work at all :( and other times it's working ok and then decides to stop and then switches back in :? . Any ideas :?:

Cheers
    Paul.

I currently have a problem with my batteries not holding thier charge. Fortunately the supplier agreed to change both batteries as they are still under warranty. However, I must first see an auto electrician, as when he did an alternator test, whilst the votage test came back as good the ripple read too big :? . What is this ripple check? Apparently on a good alternator it should read ok.

Rgds
    Paul.

Any help would be appreciated.

Where do I find the LKM on my 1997 840Ci?
    Is it relatively straight forward to replace?
    Is it as simple as unplugging the old one and replacing it with the new one?
    Will it need programming?
    What are the consequences if it does?

BR
    Paul.

Hi,

I am after a lamp control module for my 1996 840Ci. I have looked on realoem.com but cannot seem to find, so I rang my local BMW dealers for assistance but they wouldn't tell me the part number :( just how much a new one would cost :cry: . Any help would be very much appreicated.

Excuse my ignorance :? . Is LKM short for light control module?
    The reason I ask is that I have been having a problem with my lights and I'v been told that it is probably down to the light control module. But before I splash out on a new one wondered what made you want to clean the terminals on your LKM.