Beiträge von twave5

NO DON'T DO IT!!!!! ONCE YOU BUY ONE YOU'RE TRAPPED!
    All you will be able to think about is your car! IT WILL RULE YOUR LIFE! RUN NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Just have to throw my 2 cents in.... I am very happy with my chips! Best upgrade I've done and can't imagine not having them.. It's like night and day! I've done a lot of work for people from So Africa and they have a saying....".Like the difference between chalk and cheese"! Thanks Wokke!!!!!

I have the JVC unit and am very happy with it. There are a couple of issues however, It sticks out about 1/2 inch, and the blue lighting really clashes with the stock orange. The navigation works best if you install a switch to disconnect the speed sensor so you can enter a new address while moving. And after bypassing parking brake switch, I can view DVD's while on the go.
    It has a 24gigs of space on it's internal hard drive to rip cd's to, or copy MP3's from a CD-R or DVD-R. I had planned on getting a JVC changer for the back but with the hard drive I don't really think I need it. I have the bluetooth adapter and the auxiliary input module for MP-3 players or my laptop and this could be used for a TV tuner if you wished. It also has a video in jack for a back-up camera that you could use for an external TV tuner if you can find one.

I just installed mine last week. I wish I could have accessed this post for reference but forged ahead regardless. My wiring had the correct colors, however the blue/gray with yellow dots was hard to identify. The gray stripe is very thin and blended together with the blue in the dark. I had to put two flash lights on it and then ask my wife for a second opinion. The instructions also miss identified the parking light wires. gray/purple instead of gray/white.
    By the way, I can't believe how many wires there are in this car.

Are you saying that there is already a speed sensor lead going to the stock radio? If so why did BMW do that? Does it change the volume at different speeds?

Thanks Terry, I called JVC they said the 8 series was compatible. They said it's a "black and white wire behind the unit" LOL. Behind the unit? I asked her if she knew how many "units" there were in these cars!!!Oh well, now I'm off to find a black and white wire. I imagine it's either around the electronic body control module or the vehicle speed sensor "b10" (where ever that is?) or behind the gauges. Wish me luck!

No i just arrived home after a 80 mile drive. Hasn't leaked since yesterday? I looked at the ETK and suspect a hose from what looks like the vent system. Maybe it's cracked a little enough to bend and leak then bend back and seal itself. I'll jack it up today and find out.

Terry maybe you can help me on something else, I am buying a new radio that has GPS built in. It requires a connection to the cars speed signal lead? Any idea what that is?
    And I seam to remember you had a diagram for the speaker wires that run to the amp, do you still have that?

Thanks for the info, I hope thats all it is. With my luck however, the tank is probably cracked. I guess I'll find out this weekend when I have time to work it.

I got home tonight and noticed gas leaking out of the right side of the car, under the gas tank area. I haven't had a chance to crawl underneath yet. I suspected it would be a fuel line, but aren't they on the other side?

I installed a Dinan chip for my '91 850. Honestly I'm not that impressed! Can anyone tell me what it's supposed to do? I guess the shift points have changed. I should have really looked at where it shifted before I put it in and then checked it after. I'm the kind of guy that shifts manually anyway. I was really hoping that it would let me down-shift at higher speeds. If anyone is interested, I took a lot of pictures of the install and I can scan the instructions. Very very easy to do.