Beiträge von sivasu

Re: EDC Question

I guess your suspensions have been faded out. My first E31 was 1991 850i with EDC, but I couldn't tell the difference between K and S either after 12 years with over 140,000km mileage. Therefore, I replaced them with Bilstein shocks + H&R coils (low down 30mm). However, as I find the car was too low for bumpers, I then changed it to CSi suspension kit (low down 10mm). Both Bilsten+H&R and CSi suspensions rided very well for my 850i.

The second E31 I am having now is 1995 850Ci with EDC and only 58,000km mileage. I can tell the difference between K and S, but though K is quite comfort, S becomes very bumpy and the ride quality is not very good. I suggest you may go for aftermarket or CSi suspensions. They ride better than EDC.

Re: Exhaust tips ........

Zitat von Herbert

They are exhaust tips from the BMW dealer in the UK -20 pounds sterling each.
    Not mufflers........sound the same.
    Cheers
    RH

I like that!
    How did you get them? I'd like to get one too.

Many thanks!

Re: New Kit on my 850i 1991

Zitat von Herbert

here you go
    BBS RS11 18 inch wheels
    Bady Kit and Mirrors

Looks great!!
    What mufflers are you using on your 850?
    And how does it sound?

Re: Stunning..more

Zitat von Herbert

That is a great set up....way to go.
    Can you let me know the details of how to order the Brembo F50 calopers.
    Im Richgard in Hong Kong
    rhatter@gmail.com

I ordered it through an import agent in Taiwan. I bet there are many import agents who carry brembo's products in Hong Kong as well. Or you can find Brembo's distributor in Hong Kong.

The brake includes calipers (red or silver), drilled rotors (F: 332mm; R:328mm) etc. They even have GT series (F&R: 355mm) at more dear price too. You can visit http://www.evosport.com for more information on Brembo's brakes for E31. Just for your reference, the actual deal price is normally 10% cheaper from import agents in Taiwan.

The front brakes are Brembo F50 with 4-piston calipers designed for the 332mm disc.
    They perform very well for my 850Ci.

After a month wait, I've finally got the ordered BBS LM2 on my 850.
    The wheels are F: 8.5J*19 & R: 10J*19; and the tyres are F: 245/35ZR19 & R: 285/30ZR19 from Dunlop Sport 9000. My ideal tyres were Pirelli P-Zero Ross of the same sizes. However, as the rear tyres of P-Zero have to be specially ordered from overseas at higher price, I use Sport 9000 instead. I find that Sport 9000 is also a good tyre too.
    They look really nice on E31!!

Re: vibration in steering

Zitat von charles

i had the same problem with vibration in the steering.
    it was a combination of after market wheels and the center tie rod link.
    i pulled it off and it was very weak and worn. i replaced it,problem solved.
    the center tie rod are about a hundred dollars u.s. at bmw parts bin.com

I had the same problem before and did the same thing. It is OK now :D

Re:

Zitat von Aaliyah724

Nice ride! I'm so jealous! I like your wheels =) I myself, have 18" Breyton Magics and I really like how it finishes off the 8. But I do want to upgrade to 19"s when I get the $$$. Is that the full AC Schnitzer kit on your new car? Did it come off of your other one? What are you doing with your other 8? Again, a salute to the twin 8's!

John P.

I like the wheels on 850 as well, though Magic Racing is a bit heavier:)
    You are right. I've got the AC kit from my silver 850i, as AC Schnitzer doesn't have the kit anymore. They said mine is the last one in stock.
    Some of my friends like my silver 850 very much. I would consider to sell to one of them as parking space is a problem to me:)

Re: Thanks!

Zitat von al

They are 19" and the ride is awesome.

You cant go wrong mate. There is hardly any difference from the 17" original!?

May I know which brand of tyres and suspension are you using now?
    Thanks, mate :D:D

Re: Suspersprint exhaust

Zitat von spikus1

G'day Sivasu

I rate then. Slightly nicer sound that stock version but not much louder. As previously mentioned lovely idle sound. Just gets your stomach rumbling. :lol:

Thanks
    Martin

Thanks a lot, Martin. I will get one then:D

Siva

Thanks!

Zitat von al

Very nice, looks like you've got a good 'un!

I saw your car pictures and they look great!!
    I like the two-coloured interior particularly.
    I notice that you have big wheels on it.
    Are they 245/35R19 and 275/30R19 or bigger?
    Do you change the suspension as well?
    I am just wondering does it put down the comfort too much?
    as I am still struggling on the wheel sizes.

Many thanks:)

Last month, I had a chance to find a super fine 1995 850Ci. It only runs about 58,000km and is brand new alike both in exterior and interior. I bought the car straight away without second thoughts.

It is my second 850 and I am so excited about the new car. Its 5400cc engine (326hp/50kgm) and five-speed transmission performs much smoothier and stronger than my previous modified 850i (claimed to have 350hp/50kgm). I reckons factory setting is better than the mods. The only downside is that the EDC in "S" mode is not as good as my previous CSi suspension, though it is more comfort in "K" mode.

The car is in a very good condition, therefore I am thinking of just to replacing the rear mufflers and maybe putting a chip on:D

A question

I am thinking of replacing my 850Ci's muffler with Supersprints ones. How do you rate the sound? Do you think they are noisy ones?
    Many thanks:)

help

I am thinking of to upgrade my rear disc.
    Just wondering can Csi rear vented rotors fitted into a 850Ci?
    Are the rear calipers both the same?
    Many thanks!