Beiträge von e31gixxxer

Season’s greetings everyone, especially the guys here behind the scenes keeping us all on the road!
    :top:
    Oh, and a thought for those who can't be here with us in Blighty at present and are having to endure the rigors of the Canary’s climate, as we bask in our December weather.:aetsch:

Zitat von reinhard;106464

Panel gap issues in E9?
    No way.
    That´s the 60´s :lol:

Yes but should you be able to shut the hood, with your fingers on the wing/inner wing gutter and not trap them?:laugh:

Ahh, poor Bad mobile Harry. I kind of like it though. I'll get my coat.:oops:

Zitat von 8Harry8;106400

:hmmmm: What about the opposite side/sight?

Far be it from me to critical of someone’s car, he may not even know about it:motz:
    Let’s just say panel gap issues.:eek:

Zitat

the only disappointment was the high level of road noise.

Should be Quiet:dontknow:

Careful lifting the rear windows, especially while driving as the top corner has a habit of cutting the rubber seal, and they are £180.

Will probably take a few years before the grin wears off.:mrgreen:

Zitat von 8Harry8;106396

...looks like an extra rare Alpina 3,0 CSL

How much is this "visitor"?

It is on loan for display only. It was seen at a show/meeting in Germany and the owner was persuaded to let Sytners use it to try to sell lots of new Alpinas.:laugh:

Looks nice, on this side.:ahhhhh:

Zitat von BBMatic;106156

Gerry thanks, :top: i've made a note of your reply and at least now, if I did decide to restore the EDC (which is a lot to do with wanting the car 100% as it left the factory) I'll be able to refer to it as a basis for what I'll need, and hopefully cost the process ok.

There have been several quotes from those with EDC saying "I'd never relinquish it" so that also got me thinking ..but equally, I would rate my cars' current setup as very comfortable - neither cushioned nor too firm. I just don't like the fact my car has lost a feature it once had.

You will need a pair of 100% working EDC front struts:mrgreen:

If I am interpreting this correctly those arms look the same as none CSI ones?
    £500 per pair at the dealers, (complete arm).
    Wokke also sells remanufactured ones with his spherical bearing modification.

Edit - Just checked.
    PN: 33 32 11 38 015 - wishbone.

Same part as none CSI, mine were £500/pair a few years ago:~)

Zitat

[Due to the fact that existing paint will have changed colour over the years so will never match.

There it is.
    However...e46 door handles are available pre painted.

Slight OT: A colleague is now on his third Mini, but still insists he would never buy a BMW:dontknow:

There are a few on the bay at the mo for cheap, sub £100 each, bargain!
    How much is a couple of hours labour?
    Paint is down to the body shop, but a couple of hundred each ball park figure.

Matt
    At the top, push any slack in the seal up, and then roll it out from the top.
    It should go back in. It depends on whether it has previously been stuck in with Sikoflex during a screen replacement.

Zitat

A guy from Northern Ireland who claimed to live in Spain...You know the rest

I sold my old 635csi to a bloke in N. Ireland. He bought it blind, not even any pics. and I was sure it was a scam.
    He paid by electronic transfer.
    A transporter turned up with Two M6s, a highline, and other top BMWs already loaded.
    Job was a gud un!

Zitat

Thanks Guys for clearing my head - you are right - I've invested too much in my 8, I love it's rarity and the admiring looks it gets. Maybe I'll buy the XK8-R for the wife then I can try it out when I want, without losing my 8.:devilchilli:

That sounds like a plan!

Looked at XKs prior to e31 ownership, especially the R.

Wife no likey, old mans car, which was cool as I got an 8.

Got one of these also, that showed her, old mans car!