Beiträge von VasJ

Hello lads . Im sorry to say it but im no longer an E31 owner . Ive PXd it for a newer E90 diesel model but i do miss every bit of it . It really was one of the greatest cars i have ever owned , yeah it had a terrable fuel consump , it was heavy , underpowered , parts were expensive ,not practical etc.etc. But still that was one of the best cars i have ever owned and probably the best one BMW have ever made.
    Anyway it was a real pleasure being a member of this forum but i dont feel like im part of it anymore . Have a good one guys and all the best .

Bye, Vas !

Zitat von reinhard;102621

Most likely the viscous clutch/coupling of the large fan just in front of the engine has packed in.
    BMW P/N: 11527502804
    It is quite expensive if bought through BMW but can also be had by 3rd parties for a lot less.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Sorry for the silly question but what does the viscous clutch/coupling actually do ? The big fan in the front of the engine seems to be spinning fine .

Zitat von DickB;102638

Check your expansioncap, is there 200 or 240 ???

Says 200

Zitat von arnie;102642

Check also the electric pusher fan, which will normally run in low-speed on hot days in traffic. You may have a failed, low-speed resistor on it. If it runs when the A/C is on, it's OK. Some electric fans, however, become completely stuck, as the internal parts eventually corrode and the magnets come off and jam.

The radiators also tend to fur-up over the years and it's also possible that the rotor on your water-pump is failing.

It is said that the early translucent expansion tanks have a greater tendency to burst and should be replaced with the later all-black tanks. At some point on late cars, the pressure relief valve rating in the cap was also reduced to 2.0 bar and there was a recall for earlier cars.

Are you talking about the small fan behind the bumper ? Just checked it and its not spinning at all , no matter if the AC is on or off . Tried to put 12v directly into the connector and voila , it started spinning . Does it mean its the resistor causing the problem ?

Zitat von sandwich;102633

Did you actually go to France Vas????:harhar:

Oh yeah sure I was in France , we hired a massive villa with god knows how many bedrooms a pool , jacuzzi even had a pond in the back garden this was in a small village called Dallon. One of my best holidays ever to be honest, loads of boozing and some very nice young girls

I got this strange problem , while driving on A406 my car suddenly started to overheat and blew the expansion tank. So on the following day i swaped the expansion tank with a brand new one , drained the coolant and filled it with a new one . Now its all fine except sometimes its overheating while staying in heavy traffic (ussualy on the sunny days , above 26c) . When i switch the heater ON the temperature goes back to normal . Any ideas what can cause this ?

Zitat von Timm;100499

Now 19" M-Pars with that deep rear dish are nice, but very difficult to find.

Ive been looking for a set for ages now and still no joy . If anyone knows where can i get a set from will be nice to let me know .

Zitat von shiggsy;99756

7 hours well spent I'd say. What did you use? You'll have to do a 'How To' for the next one. :top:

Will post a "How To" shortly

Finally finished both front seats but unfortunatelly run out of DYE so will have to wait another few days till i can do the rears

Zitat von mcat911;99732

I like the two tone, far more interesting and exclusive. How is the dye application, good or a pain?

Its a bit of a PITA to be honest , took me 7 hours to do one seat only.

Zitat von schnitz850;99733

You know we could have just swapped bits with mine!!
    I could of had your centre bits and you my outers!!
    There's a thought...

I might have some grey and black door panels lying around.... Or might be the inserts....
    I'll have a look....

Do you mean the seat or the doorcards mate ?

BTW if you have any black interior panels for sale let me know I might be interested.

Here is the passangers seat finally finished . One done 3 more to go

Im currently re-dyeing my interior but im not entirely sure I like the color combo or not. What do you reckon should i continue doing them or I should keep em light gray as they were .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

x4 Silver/Gray doorcards - £100 (these will come with the standard black doorhandles not with the chrome ones)

Standart Front bumper lower splitter in VCG , recently resprayed in Orient Blue - £100

M60 Heater Valve - £45

Lowet Rear Bumper Cover , needs a respray - £35

MID , need new ribbon cable - £40
    P&P is FREE anywhere in the UK

Hello everyone

Ive been recently thinking to re-trim my boring gray headlining to black . However im struggling to find the right fabric . The only one i found so far is 3mm 125g brushed nylon . I know the original fabric is not all foam backed but would it be a problem if i use 3mm foam backed material for the sunroof and the a/c pillars ? Also does anyone know what sort of fabric BMW originally used on the E31 headlining?

Im soo jelly its such a sexy 8 you got mate think the yellow is my new favorite color .

BTW is that little fella really smoking (1:26) ....It all just seems soo wrong :naughty: