Beiträge von theo

hey bimm,

I lowered with Eibach 25mm front 27mm rear coils and used VBilstein inserts in the front originaal cases whereaas the rears are sill good.

also had a set of heavy sway bars made by K-Mac suspensions in Sydney Australia..

I drive it like it was stolen and it handles like a go kart

cheers

Hello to all the Dutchies out there from Dutch Aussie Theo.

I haven't been on this site for such a long time but as I amm going to be in Holand for three or four months I thought I should see which 8ers are in the old country.

I am hoping to pick up ann 850 from a buddy in Germany so any outings coming uo might be possible.

Who is there and reading?:help:

cheers
    Theo
    tjhoffs@ozemail.com.au

Hi mate,

just saw your post this morning. let me know when you are back. We should meet up and I will introduce you to the other Sydney owners.

Your old car is rather refreshed these days. Same owner, new wheels , new paint job and little driven.

There are a few nice 840's around for sale. Post 95 they are still bringing good dollars and there is an occasional great buy around depending on your needs.

Emaail me at tkhoffs@ozemail if you don't hear back from me after posting here although I expect the old response system still works ok

cheers
    Theo

the guy in US who designed the Kbars (Not KMAC) convinced most of us that
    the ratio between front and rear is all wrong. He played with sizes and ratios claiming the perfect combo to eliminate front tyre scrub is 19/27.5 so take a calc and work the math fro f to r ratio and then do it on the CSi bar.

One will be 100% the other..................let us know

cheers

You can order one off sets no problem.

Call Kevin Mc Intyre ( a friend fro 35 years) on conurty code 61 area code 2 number 9556 1799 from 11 am to 5.30 Monday to Friday and remember we are on the other side of the pond so times are different to yours.

There is a bar floating around the US West coast that was wrongly ordered or supplied and which I am to collect from a dealer in Seattle or Portland next month so if you are in the US maybe Kevin can get it re directed if it is the right one and then send the other form here.

The other alternative is email him via sales@k-mac.com.au

K-Mac Australia also make E31 bars in 27.5 front and 19mm rears.

They are available ex K-mac who ship worldwide.

Remember there are early and late Bars. All 840 & CSI are "late" bars and on 850 the identification is

if the original rear bar is 13mm then call it "early"

hope it helps.

And for those who are not sure if upgrade bars are good....................it will handle "like a go kart on streroids!"

cheers

when you talk to Wolf ask what he bought me from his local BMW dealer. I didn't make a list but he will know off the top.

The box doesn't owe me a fortune so don't discount it just yet. You might find that the cost of a used one and this one are not that far apart and the accessories go with it.

And this one has not been in a car!

If you want to call me my number is country code 61 area 3 number is 9872 5456. Our 7.30 am is approx 5pm New York time.

My email is tjhoffs@ozemail.com.au

hi mate,

I did buy the rear tranny mount and I think I may also have bought a couple of the hydraulic lines. I am I Australia and all my parts are in Germany with Wokke (the guy who makes the famous engine management chips) so I would need to check.

With your US dollar being so lowly valued right now you might be best to buy from Gault BMW in New York.

Are you aware that most of the parts are same number as E34 6 cydliner and 540? You should grab a wreck and get all the pedals etc really cheap. Main cost is flywheel and clutch.

Let me know what you are after. Is the tranny of interest?

Also let me know where you are I will be on the west coast from LA to Vancouver BC for a couple of months
    Cheers

I noticed that too. Seems very odd that tha later engine has 10% more toque should have lesser capacity tranny.

Speaking of which did anyone notice that I placed an ad in the classifieds for a brand new 6 speed manual 840/540 trans?

Anone thinking of a conversion from auto?

cheers

I have a brand new 6 speed (S6S 420G) correct for 840 and 540 (E34) sitting with a friend in Germany.

I was going to do a conversion from auto to manual but have cash flow issues and need to seel

This could be handy for someone with a worn out box or for a manual conversion.

A rebuilt change over sells for $4700 in Germany so check around and make me a sensible offer. I can have it shipped worldwide

Sorry arnie,

but I need to correct you on the degree of difficulty on the oil change on a 5hp30. They are easy in fact because all you need id a good length of plastic hose and a small funnel that fits the hose. The other end requires a piece of copper tube bent at about 90 degrees.

You just need to slip the tube into the filler (hose attached) which is in the pan and tip oil into the tube from a height greater than the tranny i.e from standing next to the car and pur in the specified amount till it overflows out the filler hole.

No dipsticks, no marks and you cannot overfill.

The ZF recommended oil was Shell (see ZF website) but Castrol has a product called Transmax (green) which is supplied to BMW as a "special BMW branded" oil.

There is the BMW story and the real story. Don't believe everything they tell you

cheers, hope it helps

Hello all,

while helping my friend Kevin McIntyre of K-Mac suspension at the SEMA show here in LAs Vegas I learned a few things that some of you have asked before so I thought I should share them with you.

The new K-Mac Camber/Caster kits for 8 Series are available in two styles.

The 192216-2 (Stage 2_has a urethane encased "Pillow Ball" bearing (the early style was a conventional ball race) which gives a softer ride than the 192216-3 (stage 3) which does not have urethane.

Unlike the old style all steel kits you would need to use a measure tape to see the 2-3mm hight increase whereas the old style was clearly visible.

The new kits go more than 2 degrees out of the box and can be further opened out to get up to 3.5 degree negative if desired.

Their website is http://www.k-mac.com
    cheers

Jud hi,

getting old and doing too much in too little time does those things!

I opened the page at Paul Hughes's article and was answering his question with my left brain while writing with the other half of the right half, or something. I know what I mean.

Actually I was half way through packing for a 6am connecting flight to Las Vegas for the SEMA show. My friend of 4o years , Kevin Mc Intyre of K-Mac Suspensions has eighteen new products under a heap of patents and needs a hand with his exhibits so I was volunteered.

Anyone going along, please come by and say hi

CHEERS

Hey Jud,

nice to hear from you.

The manual you are thinking of was in fact in New Zealand , i believe.

BMW did bring 17 manual 850 in and 3 CSI's plus there is a private CSi import as well but certainly no 840 manuals unless a personal import that has not been spoken about.

cheers

In the state of New South Wales they use signs, usually three or four big ones that you can't miss advising of "speed camera ahead" so any moron that gets a ticket probably deserves one whereas in Victoria they have one or two signs on a road stating "Road Safety Cameras operate in this area"

How they think this slows you down is beyond me. All I know is two weeks later I get a ticket that informs me I was speeding but it sure didn't help slow me down

cheers

don't move to Oz then they because they had Radar Detector Detectors since 1998!

I was pulled up for using one (when the fine was only $5000 and confiscation was mandatory) but I shoved it down my jocks (the cannot search you here, yet). The cop said he knew I had one because he had a bigger one and was gonna find it. I said go ahead and got in the back seat while he looked everywhere he could think of inside the car and then, in the pouring rain on hands and knees he looked under the front, the rear, the sides and finally when covered in mud to his elbows and breathing water he gave up!

Did I have a shit eating grin on my face?

Betcha!