Beiträge von Zeeuw

Wonderful tour! Except for Corsica, I've been there too with my truck. Beautiful landscapes and good food! Try the Tropea onions, they taste very good on a pizza!

But be careful, the south of Italy is a very poor region so keep an eye on your belongings!

Thanks everybody for the thumbs-up! We had a great tour and editing this video was great fun to do!

Zitat von Daten-Salat;127539

@ Martin:
    Sorry, due to my :santaclaus: age, I didn't understand how to manage the ftp. Where to copy into the Windows Explorer? :stupido:

Doesn't seem to work for me either. Windows Explorer is the window that opens when you click on 'My Computer' or when you 'explore' (example: C:\my documents\) your files on your computer. If I use the link, the link automatically opens in my webbrowser.

Most easy to do is this
    Download Cyberduck here: https://cyberduck.io/ (Windows and/or Mac).
    Install the program (You do not have to install 'Bonjour' when asked for it).
    Open Cyberduck

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/30873/
    Click on "Open Connection" (Your language could be set to German automatically. If not, go to Edit>Preferences>Language).

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/30874/
    Copy this information to the pop-up:
    Server: www.8er.org
    Port: 21 (I guess this is already filled in)
    Username: admin_124
    Password: h1Hirxs84Y3X3bR6

NB: The blue URL you see in this screenshot is automatically filled in by Cyberduck.

Click 'Connect'

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/30875/

Click 'Continue'

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/30876/
    Now you will see these folders. It is as easy as your normal Windows Explorer. Drag and drop your files into the window and that is it.
    If you right-click with your mouse, you can easily make a new folder and drag your photos in this folder.
    Depending on your internet connection, it may take a while to download/upload all pictures.

This might seem difficult, but it is only 5 minutes of work

Zitat von rogbmw;127546

Great Video - looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Beautiful scenery. I posted it here: http://www.bimmerforums.com/fo…est-Coast-Tour-2015-Video on Bimmerforums. Thanks for posting it!

Great! But I am not from Norway ;) I'm from the Netherlands.

Good idea! Unfortunately not many people who used it...

I just uploaded my video! Hope you like it, enjoy!

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Arrived home yesterday evening. After 1 week in Norway, 140kph on the autobahn feels like the speed of sound! :laugh:

WoW! What a great tour! It feels strange, not to be driving the 8 on this time of the day... It was a wonderful experience. Laughed a lot, very good hotels and the food...well, I guess I gained some kilos! :boink:

Thanks for the organization! You made a very very good trip. What a beautiful country!

Keep the photos coming, I am working on the film now!

I do not know if the CSi air collector is different from the standard front bumper.
    But for the CSi:
    - Left: 3 exits. One goes to the brakes, one to the dynamo and 1 to the engine air intake (pointed at number 15 on the picture).
    - Right: 2 exits. One to the brakes and the other one to the engine air intake.

All those exits need an extra 'hose' to direct air from the air collector to the different parts mentioned above.

I think you are right. You can even connect your credit-card to your license plate so you don't have to stop at all!
    If you do not do that, you stop at the tollbooth and pay. The other toll road costs will be send to the holder of the license plate, may take some time (more than 2 months after the trip to Norway). Correct me if I'm wrong, never been to Norway with a car. With a truck it was like this around Oslo.

More info here:
    http://www.autopass.no/

What are the Norwegian regulations for a drone? Not that I have one (yet). Just wondering so someone could take great pictures.
    I'll take my GoPro with me. Are there more persons with extra equipment than their smartphones?

Your bodyshop is right. If you repaint rust, even after sandblast, it will come back eventually. When the rust will come back, you don't know. I've seen cars being rusty again after 2 months (very bad bodyshop) or after 3 years. Good luck, I've also repainted a rusty part of my E31 a few months ago. Hope for the best and longest result :)

Thanks for your reply.

I'll have to discuss with my co-driver, but I'm afraid we have to leave Friday morning. To be home on Sunday because of the work on Monday....

Could someone give me more information about the activities on Friday? I mean, if the fishing is in the morning, we could leave after. But if it takes all day, we can not participate. Maybe it is possible there is not any fishing because of the bad weather conditions?

I'm just curious to know because I need to know if and where I need to book a hotel.

Forget about this! We will stay Friday, leave on Saturday and take the boat on Sunday! :mrgreen:

Unfortunately there will be a time we have to go home.
    Any advice about this? I am thinking about the ferry Oslo - Kiel at Saturday, but the departure is at 14:00h
    That will mean we have to leave the hotel in Haholmen Havstuer very early, because of an 8 hour drive...

What do you guys think? Leave on Saturday at 4 o'clock in the morning, will this give me enough time to reach the ferry (check in 120mins prior to departure)?
    Or drive a few hours on Friday evening (after fishing ;) and cancel one night in Haholmen Havstuer), take a hotel somewhere on the route and drive more relaxed on Saturday to get to the ferry?