Beiträge von Aaliyah724

The seller had contacted me back. Unfortunately shipping was and additional $800USD. Yikes! A bit too steep for me right now.

Regards,

John P.

Zitat von My Eightfifty;74515

John,

Yes, unfortunately that's what I had to do. It takes some time but I am happy with the result.

I sent a message to the seller on the ebay.de bid. Hopefully I can get it.

Best regards,

John P.

Zitat von My Eightfifty;74497

John,

I bought the exact same spoiler as the one on eBay (Argonaut information). It was also too low for me . I cut the lower part off and made it the way I wanted.

Bye

Did you end up doing some extra glass work in the center portion to make the bottom have a continuous rolled edge?

John P.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for a fellow member. That one is nice, but I am looking for a simpler look and also my garage driveway limit me from having anything too low. The hunt continues.

Best regards,

John P.

I should have bought it 7 years ago when I had the chance. Have you seen any for sale recently or distributors that have them? Is it a replacement of the lower valence or does it go over the entire stock front end? Shoot me a PM when you get the chance.

Best regards,

John P.

Hamann Front Spoiler

Very nice set-up! Mine's the baby version of your car. Where did you get the Hamann front chin spoiler from?

Best regards,

John P.

Hi Erik,

Check out FERN's profile or look at his HIN thread in the Showroom forum.

Cheers,

John P.

Michael,

No worries about taking out your comment. That's what this thread is for - to get the ideas of all 8 owners. Who knows, if you would have gotten 10+ members to want your idea, then by all means it would be a great business case for this low volume project!

Regards,

John P.

Zitat von ///M Turbo

I like them both, I just can't see the point of reducing a car with poor lighting to worst for looks.

Totally agree. That's why I think if an insert can be made in the mold, that two versions (w & w/o head ligh cut-outs) can be made. Again, I would probably opt for the one w/ head light cut outs because I myself don't feel like changing out the O.E. units. But that's just what I plan for my car.

Regards,

John P.

Zitat von ///M Turbo

No head lights means a Major upgrade on FTP lights which are not easy to align? Poor lighting and a major disfigurement in are car, + garage space allocated to store the stock hood, Head lights etc... If resale does arrise, Most will be looking for that original look versus a depreciating mod, This is my personal opinion and I would be much happier with the hood redone to OEM CF specs.

What do you thnk about the Vorsteiner vents & power dome look? Just something a little different than the Alpina.

Regards,

John P.

Zitat von Cavallino

John,

Long time, no talk. Looks good, but I still like the no light pop ups lights in the fascia. Blame it on Faisal.

Michael B.

Hi Michael,

Yup long time no talk...I've been very busy with my Rally business and getting ready for the SEMA show. I think it would look better w/o the head light cut outs, but we would need to figure a way to possibly have a mold insert to do both configurations.

Regards,

John P.

Zitat von ///M Turbo

That would be awesome, I'm sure he said four pounds less than the original, But not a 100%?

Marv,

I misread your post...I thought it said that Zeke was making a hood!
    Is Zeke on these forums? I think he's on roadfly. I met him on a few occassions a few years back, very nice & humble guy!

Anyway, I'm still gauging interest in parts. I think a hood is the winner. I'll try to get some photoshops of the Alpina/Vorsteiner variant.

Also, I'm very interested in a CF skin for the roof.

I'm still interested in montly meets....PM me about this.

Regards,

John P.

Zitat von ///M Turbo

Hi Noggie! It's not mines, A talented guy name Zeke made it and he is working on other goodies for the 8 that will be finished soon! I wil try and get some prices, I'm also interested in the Hood Sunroof and Trunk.

The folks below can take your existing interior parts and duplicate them in several types of materials.

http://www.elegantwooddesign.com/index2.html

///M Turbo,

Is Zeke the one with the Blue 850 from Anaheim Hills? Is that a CF skin for the sunroof or a replacement panel. It looks as if there's quite a bit of interest with the hood, but if Zeke may be making one, it wouldn't make sense for me to do the same.

On another note, I would still like to see if we can have a So. Cal 8 meet once in a while. There was only a few os uf there, but it prbably was too short of notice to get more people to commit.

Regards,

John P.

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to know how many would be interested in a monthly 8/BMW meet (just an occassional hang out or an excuse to get out of the house) for you local So. Cal owners? I also belong to the Subaru/Rally community and we have a weekly meet in Yorba Linda. The place is TGIF which on Monday nights has an excellent Happy Hour! So far it's just my other friend and I who are thinking of starting this meet since we noticed quite a few owners from the Wrenchfest in Irvine a couple years back. We are thinking to meet this Monday 9/3 to close off the hot Labor Day weekend.

I apologize for posting on this discussion, but I realize the the North American Meet section doesn't seem to get frequent postings.

///MTurbo - Would you and your friend be interested in joining us?

Please spread the word to all non-forum members as well. I believe that my friend has posted on roadfly as well.

It is right off the 91 freeway between the 55 and the 71. Heres the address:

Date/time: Monday nights, ~8PM
    23001 Savi Ranch Pkwy
    Yorba Linda, CA 92887

We will meet in the Best Buy parking lot on the north side of the resturant. Happy hour starts at 10PM, discounted drinks and adult beverages are offered after that time. This is a great way to end the worst day of the week! Hope to see you all there. Everyone is welcome.

Any questions please PM me or post!

Best regards,

John P.

Zitat von Schalldampfer1

Oh holy hell!! Are these lights still available or in production? Who produced them? Have they (or anyone else) made tail lights with clear indicators, and reverse lights with red running and brake lights? I have been told by many that no one has ever done this. WOW! :shock:

I second that. ///M Turbo, do you have more info on the manufacturer of those clear tail lights?

Thanks,

John P.

Steve,

I know you're trying to get rid of your hood, but do you know if the company that made yours is still willing to make more, (possibly if they will also fix the vent alignment) and for how much for local U.S. residents?

If there's a company that is already making this Alpina style hood, then it may be redundant for me to have them made.

As I've mentioned before, we could possibly make the vents more like the ones featured on the vorsteiner site.

Can I get at least 8 people to commit if we can get the hoods done for $1200 or less?

Regards,

John P.