Beiträge von Aaliyah724

Zitat von ///M Turbo

Not quite!!!

//M Turbo, Where did you find those pics?

As for the euro taillights, I actually was thinking if some company can make a set of newer style lenses for the 8, like the 2002+ 5 series, that would be a classy touch to enhance and make the 8 a modern accent.

Steve - the price for the hood would be about $1500 USD. Not sure on the shipping though.

Cheers,

John P.

Thanks Steve for the clarification! :D

I don't think the parts would be cheaper, but it will be top quality Carbon Fiber. For the quailty and the clout of our cars, I would think the pricing would be compared to parts for (U.S.) Corvette owners.

I was also thinking, rather than copying the CSI pieces exactly, putting a little flair to it. (Like the fog addition on the chin spoiler pictured in my photoshop rendering) I'm not critizing the CSI look in any way, but it would make more sense (since these parts would cost more cents) to put a unique look that would not offend the purists as well.

Like I had mentioned before, I just want to offer the 8 community a chance to create our Ultimate 8!

Cheers,

John P.

Any more ineterests? Also, if we decide to do a Alpina hood, wouldn't there be a design patent infringements? Perhaps the vents could slightly be modified to a bit more unique look? Something that would compliment the 8's curves?

John P.

I'm in the Anaheim area. My friend is in Diamond bar and a few others in Anaheim Hills, Huntington Beach & Irvine. Were you at Wrenchfest in Irvine a few years back?

John P.

Michael,

I think there was a company who may have made an Alpina hood already. Here's the thread I found it on.

http://www.clube31.net/forum/v…=carbon+fiber+alpina+hood

They are in the U.K. and I think they were priced at $4000! I think if we go for a hood from Vorsteiner, it would be under $1500.

Nice call with the Dinan front!

Regards,

John P.

Thanks for your input guys..hopefully we can stir more. There's not really a minimum order but it would be nice if we can make the money back for the tooling. I have approx. $4000 I've plan to invest in tooling. So if we decide to make hoods, it would take about 12 hoods to break even with the tooling. If we can get tooling done for a hood and a chin spoiler for $4000 (or multiple items) then we could potentially cut number of orders in half. If we can break even with tooling, then anything after that is just a bonus.

Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks,

John P.

Zitat von ///M Turbo

Here ya go!

15385 Chemical Ln ----Lots of goodeiz there!

Thanks! Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I know a a couple So Cal locals that would like to start a montly meet.

John

Zitat von ///M Turbo

Actually the picture shows where the install was done, They even have the donor car mounted on the wall Lol! It was done at Coast Motor works in Huntington Beach, Ca.

Thanks! I'm close by. I'll see if I can check them out. What's there website or address?

John P.

Hello All,

I would like to gauge interest on what carbon fiber parts you guys would like for your 8. I have an opportunity to work with a company that specializes in high quality carbon fiber (dry, vaccuum formed, not wet layed) hoods, trunks, spoilers..etc.

I have volunteered my 8 for some part design and would like your feedback. (This is serious, not a joke thread) Rather than doing one off parts to make mine one of a kind, I'd like to share the opportunity with our community with parts that we may have always wanted, but no one makes for us or is almost impossible to get.

The company is http://www.vorsteiner.com

Here's a list of potential items:

1) M8 or Alpina hood w/ head light covers
    2) M8 front bumper cover
    3) CSI mirrors
    4) Rear Diffuser
    5) Head Liner, A & C pillars (for those who have sagging upholstery)
    6) CSI front chin spoiler (with fogs)
    7) CSL style trunk w/ built in lip spoiler
    8 ) Head Light Buckets (similar to the C5 Vette head light conversion http://www.westcoastcorvette.c…2-c5-r-headlight-kit.aspx )

Please feel free to add to the list or vote for what I've listed already.

Regards,

John P.

Re: 840M5!!!

Zitat von ///M Turbo

840 with a M5 Engine!!! :shock::idea:
    Faisals find...

Where was that meet held at? It looks like in the CA Wrenchfest, but I've been so busy that I didn't even know if there was one.

John P.

Zitat von al

Its very difficult to recover money through paypal at the best of times, never mind when its not on an ebay transaction, and it becomes almost impossible if they have withdrawn the money already.... as i am finding out as we speak due to the HID supplier leaving me in the $hit.

Al,

I was one of the members that joined in your group buy for two kits and the transaction between you and I went smoothly. Fill us in with the details of your supplier if you don't mind? I would hate to see you get screwed over.

Also, (related to this topic of PAYPAL & EBAY) I had a long term battle with a seller (rated at 100%) and PAYPAL as I had been ripped off with a incomplete product. Neither seller of PAYPAL wanted to take the initiative to help me out. I was $1200 in the hole on that one lowsy transaction. From that point on i had refrained from Ebay & PAYPAL for almost 6 months. I only started using PAYPAL recently and occasionally browse on Ebay.

All I can say is to take every precaution when doing an online transaction. You may appear to be a bit skeptical or blunt, but business is business, not a friendship.

Just my 2 cents,

John

Yes I may find a wrecked E34 540/6 someday and be too tempted to resist the 6 speed conversion. Yes I may be tempted beyond resistance for that extra 100 horses added to the team pulling my chariot. But for now I must venture forth to work in order to pay for them :lol:[/quote]

Terry,

Would you get all the components off of an E34 and just swap it? What about the ECU or electrical stuff?

Just curious,

John P.

Zitat von stevep840

John take a look at http://www.esstuning.com thats where mine came from, whilst they don't list for the 8 a 540 kit will do, cost around EUR5000

I know what you mean, left foot syndrome, for me living in a area of steep hills combined with traffic lights,i know why i love the slush box :D

Steve,

Is this the kit? E34 540i 93-95. http://www.esstuning.com/defau…ubcat=180&subcat2=183&id= Is there anything else I would need?

Thanks,

John

Zitat von stevep840

From what i understand John, The ESS Supercharger on a manual trany can run at a higher pressure & should give around 440 bhp.

Go for it :D

Steve,

Is that the blower set up you're running? I'm not familiar with that brand. Any links? What's it cost?

I'm waiting on words of wisdom from Terry on the manual set-up.

I do share some of Paul's view's on the "driving feel" of a manual...because there are days that my left foot twitches in my 8 after I had driven my Impreza.

Cheers,

John P.

How about a supercharged 6 speed 840, eh?

Steve - What supercharger system do you have in your car?
    Terry - If you use a 6 speed conversion from and E34, what do you do with the ECU and electronics? What pedal cluster do you use? What about getting an complete engine and 6 speed trans from and e39 540i?

I hope you guys were serious about this...(can't tell if there's any sarcasm)...but I do dream of a forced induction, manual trans 840!

Cheers,

John P.

I wish there were more options for our cars as well. Sometimes it's hard to decide to go really tricked out or keep it as original as possible. The CSI kit is always clean. You can occassionally find the Reiger kit on ebay or replica AC. Erubuni has a nice simple kit. Has anyone seen it in person or any other pics other than the Erubuni ad? I like the Wing's West front chin I had traded with Terry, but due to my steep driveway, I could not have it on my car.

Still I'm trying to find a front chin with less of an approach angle, but something different than the CSI front. I may someday make a custom one since I have quite a bit of connections with carbon fiber & fiberglass fabricators.

The 8 is definitely a sexy car and I would not want to ruin its great curves and the respect I have for the BMW design engineers. I would however, want to make it unique...as to describe my own personality.

We're never sure if the value of our cars are going to rise (unless you have a CSI with extremely low miles) but if you don't enjoy it now...the daily value is lost.

I'm glad to see Terry is showcasing and enjoying the front lip I had traded him a while back for a chip (which I haven't installed yet...I just have too many projects and work) hopefully I will before I hit another mid-life crisis. As for myself, I am not in the biggest hurry on the mods as I plan on having my 8 for years to come.

Cheers,

John P.