Beiträge von Aaliyah724

Are they staggered? What size tires are you using?

Thanks,

John P.

Zitat von reptileis

Sorry Im late in this conversation. may have the answer for you.

I recently put 20 inch triple chromed M parallels on my 93 ci, they fit fine, no rubbing- and they LOOK amazing on these cars. I paid about 2,000 including tires - hell of a deal. if your interested I could snap a pic or two when the rain stops.

Mike

Paul,

I posted a while back on anyone's thoughts of Beyern wheels which I think have a classy look to them. From what I know that they are exclusively for BMWs and I believe are a branch of of TSW wheels. I was thinking about getting some 20s since they claim to fit our cars. They seem resaonably priced and are a good buy if you're not too concerned about the expensive brand names. I have not seen anybody with them or heard of any feedback. Still want to know peoples thoughts as you do.

Cheers,

John P.

How's the ride quality? Any problems with the traction control? How heavy are the wheels? I was thinking of 20s but I'm so comfortable with the drivability of 18s. Pics would be great!

Cheers,

John P.

Zitat von reptileis

Sorry Im late in this conversation. may have the answer for you.

I recently put 20 inch triple chromed M parallels on my 93 ci, they fit fine, no rubbing- and they LOOK amazing on these cars. I paid about 2,000 including tires - hell of a deal. if your interested I could snap a pic or two when the rain stops.

Mike

I ordered a head liner and a door actuator from him (Sean) back in Oct. 2004. I paid him in full and to this day, I never received my parts! He was nice at first, but after a while, he kept making up excuses and finally never replied back. I'm too far away to file any sort of lawsuit or take any action. I hope carma catches up with him. If he's still around on the boards, perhaps under a different name, becareful!

Cheers,

John P.

John

I envy you as well. I'd probably spend my whole life..or atleast spend an arm and a leg to get a 6 spd here in the U.S. I'm glad to see that you and Paul have found such rare diamonds! I should have bought one while I was in Oxford. :?

Cheers,

John P.

Try going back and editing your profile a few times. It worked for me. I noticed when I had registered (and everytime I change something on my profile) the it defaulted to a 1989 850, green. But when I retyped my correct info. 1994 840, black and refreshed my screen it came up correctly. It won't hurt to try. Hopefully, mine is still correct.

Cheers,

John P.

Re: Interior is Black and Blue

Zitat von Richard.H

Car is black interior seats are black and blue.
    The interior condition is V Good

Richard,

Can you take some pictures of the roof lining and A-pillars & C-pillars when you get a chance?

Thanks,

John P.

Rich,

Hi! I'll take the headliner if there is one left. I was supposed to get a headliner from a salvaged 850 back in Oct. of 04 from a guy named Sean in Missouri (1fastford on yahoo or ebay) but got ripped off! He never shipped it out to me and took off with my money. Too bad I haven't heard of him before the fact that a few peers on this board and roadfly had told me of simliar situations.

Anyway my point is, unless you physically see the car, be careful of ordering parts from salvage yards online or over the phone. I would want a fellow 8 owner get screwed over like I did.

Cheers,

John P.

Just put on my Bilsteins and H&Rs. The car feels so much crisper and drives like a smaller car! I think I'll keep the 18's. I don't want to sacrifice drivability now that I'm having so much more fun! I didn't think that was possible!

John P.

Terry,

Thanks for the info and nice to hear from you. I've been away from the boards for a while as life just keeps me busy. But now I'm getting to relax with my 8 again.

I've done some inquiries to the few wheel companies that make 20" and some claim that you can run a 30 series tire on the rear and 35 series on the front. I know that increases the overall diameter, but other than the speed sensors, what else can be affected? I heard one enthusiast say the 20" are too much load on the axle. I beg to differ if you are staying with the same over all tire diameter.

I still haven't had a chance to install the chip you gave me. I had to fix other things and been caught up. I even sacraficed upgrading my 8 with a nice sound system and touching up parking lot bruises (those inevitable dings) to get my wife an 02 530i (Welcome to the family!) and now matching cars.

To make a long story make sense (or atleast stay on tehn topic of wheels) I'm giving my wife my Breyton Magics and now looking for wheels for my 8.

Signing off for now,

John P.

Hi!

Just wanted some feedback on this particular brand and if anyone out there had any input on 20" wheels for the 8. This company claims no rubbing issues if wheels are coupled with correct size tires. I know most of us prefer 17"-19" wheels? Is ther a reason why there aren't many high end companies making 20" wheels for our cars? Drivability issues perhaps? Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks,

John P.

Hi Jon!

Welcome! I'm in the Anaheim area and been on the forum for almost a year. Everyone I've interacted with are nice and very helpful. You should come to the Wrenchfest in Irvine which I think is the second weekend in July. Info is on the 8fest site. There will be a expert tech there to answer any questions as well as 30+ 8 owners there to mingle with. As for your audio system, are you getting noise at all coming from the speakers? Is your head unit functioning?

Regards,

John

Re: We FEEL your frustration..

Thanks for your input and encouragement. Sadly, I'm still waiting and e-mailing back and forth. It's been nearly 2 and a half months! How long did it take you?

Cheers,

John P.

Zitat von wdager

Sorry you had to deal with Sean..(fastfordsc.. 1fastford).. I purchased the engine from that 93 850Ci and it arrived damaged (after weeks of trying to contact him).. over $1300 for the parts to repair.. not to mention the time involved (full tear down of the engine).. I was really hoping I could just replace my current engine with the purchased one.. oh well..

I hope you get your parts (undamaged).. and I hope you frequent the roadfly forum.. LOTS of great and knowledgable people there..

Good Luck!!