Beiträge von Aaliyah724

I have been contacted by others to check the roadfly posts. I am not making judgement on this individual, but just wanted to watch out for the 8 community! :D I feel it's bad business ethics for not keeping the customer informed on a timely basis and not being able to clearly explain the status of the order.

Regards,

John P.

Dear All,

I am here to ask for a really big favor from anyone who can help. I've bought some pieces off of a new member who had posted "Parting Out 1993 850 ci Many Good Parts Still" in the classifieds. Initially when I had contacted the person, fastfordsc, he was very friendly and responsive. I had requested for the complete headliner, pillars, trim, sunroof panel, and numerous other interior parts. He had requested to overnight the money order so he can take the parts off the car and ship them with in 10 days. I did as instructed. Since it was so many parts, there were multiple packages (not sure how many because I haven't received them all).

I had requested him him to provide me with the shipping info and tracking numbers so I can find out when I will receive the packages. E-mailing him back and forth 2-3 times a week, but still no shipping info. He'd sometimes reply when he felt like it, but never really answered my questions directly.

I finally received a package two and a half weeks later. I ended up having to pick it up from DHL because the driver never left a note saying he stopped by. I e-mailed him asking about the remaining parts and he assured me that the rest of it will come the following week. I did not receive anything the following week. In fact I received two more packages two weeks later. Again having to pick it up from DHL.

I still have not received my entire order. He received my money order on Oct. 2. It's been almost two months and it's been excuse after excuse or hardly responding to my e-mails. I have a suspicion he hadn't shipped the parts yet or even package them. How long would it take to package a headliner?

I believe I've been patient but where do I draw the final straw? How can I go about this diplomatically without becoming irate? I've paid in full so I expect better service. At this point I deserve a full refund! If I would have known this would have happened, I would have just bought the parts from the dealer. I thought I could have save some money. His advertisement and his initial treatment sounded promising at first. It's not that I'm complaining nor am I asking to ban this person from the forum, I'm just telling everyone to becareful. I do not want any 8 series owner to go through the same frustrations as I have been.

I would like to know if anybody knows this person, or if any one had any transaction with him. I have seen his ads on ebay as well, but since I didn't buy the items through ebay, I cannot report it nor leave a negative feedback.

Your comments are appreicated. If anyone can help me please e-mail me directly at rallytek@aol.com.

Thank you for all your support,

John P.

Re: The 8 is The Constellation of the Cars

Zitat von Hafner

Dear friends,
    I drive 8 since 1995 (and many other cars from friends occasionally); friends and even my wife told me, that I will switch to another "reasonable" car - but I did not and I will not ! It is a sort of having fallen in love with my 8: it is simply a joy to see and cruise her every new day - since 1995, and I think there will be no end till one of us dies, me or my 8, I think (ambigually do not hope !), it will be me.
    For me the 8 is Lockheed's Connie of the cars: the most beautiful ever built car (and I have driven e.g. DB9).
    Just love and enjoy her.
    Manfred Hafner

Wow! That was a true heart-felt story!

John P.

Terry,

Well spoken and very true! It will probably take 25+ years for it to be a collectors. My dad once had a 61 Corvette and my mom regrets to this day my dad selling it for $25K ten years ago. It would be worth $50K right now. I remember reading a Road & Track article on classic Vette prices 15 years ago and I even told my parents that they are sitting on a gold mine. But what my dad told me is that he had his "fun" with it and didn't lose money. If it cost that much now, wouldn't feel comfortable driving it and that would take the fun away from owning it! I should take his own advice and not worry too much about the value of the 8, but enjoy it while I can!

Cheers,

John P.

Just wondering if any one out there has found any info on the speculated future cash value of the 8 series in the up coming years or decades in the U.S.? When do you think our cars will start turing around in value to the public eye?

I feel that the 8 series isn't getting the monetary value it deserves when compared to other discontinued cars such as the late model Toyota Supra and RX-7. Also, Corvettes never really lose value in the U.S. market. Why has the 8 series gone down so much? It's kinda funny because everybody who sees one (or me driving by) goes ga-ga over it thinking it's still $70K+ but the dealer trade value is a rediculous $14,500!

I love the 8 so much that it adds to the saying "Money can't buy happiness!" But I found out when I bought my 840 almost 3 years ago, my 8 bought me happiness!

Long live the 8!

John P.

Nice!

Nice Car!

Terry,

The lip turned out really nice and your car looks awesome. I really wish I could have put the lip on my car but my driveway is too steep and I don't want to park my baby outside.

I haven't had time to put the chip in but will once I get situated at my new place. Can you PM me more pics of your car?

I am planning to get H&R's but would like to get the front to have an even gap with the rear. Did you cut 1/2 coil on all 4? How does that affect the spring rate and ride?

You'll enjoy your Magnaflows...I've been happy with my set-up!

It was nice attending Wrenchfest back in July! Hope to meet more 8 owners!

Regards,

John

Zitat von TerryY

This is H&R springs with 1/2 coil removed from the bottom to accomodate the K-Macs.

I needed to do the K-Macs because of excess wear on the outer edges of the fronts. Wouldn't be without them now.

The wheels are 18" with Goodyear F1 tires in 245/40 x 18 which is the correct rolling diameter to match the stock tire height.

Al,

The only reason why I cross posted is because I had no replies for weeks. I have noticed other members cross posting as well. I will make note of it but if no one replies for a long time, what do you recommend me doing? Also, have the other people who cross posted had there fair share of warning? I do not want to be banned from this resourceful site nor be the black sheep of the family. Your advise or others is grately appreciated.

Concerned,

John P.

Hi!

Just wondering if any of you were brave enough to try realigning your front windows. I had my car tinted and the tint place screwed up my alignment. Should I just take it to the dealer? Is it worth the hassle to fix it yourself or is there a really simple fix.

Thanks,

John

EDIT: This is not a telling off, just a polite request :wink::P

http://www.clube31.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1210 Here is where you will find the mentioned topic

Al :D

Hi!

Just wondering if any of you were brave enough to try realigning your front windows. I had my car tinted and the tint place screwed up my alignment. Should I just take it to the dealer? Is it worth the hassle to fix it yourself or is there a really simple fix.

Thanks,

John

Advice for door handles?

I don't mean to jump on your thread, but I do have a question that is relevant. I notice that sometimes my keyless entry requires me to press the button 5 or so times before it activates. Perhaps it is the tint as Terry has pointed out. It does get a bit annoying but I try to bear it. Also, is it just me or is there any body else have this problem? My driver door sometimes has a long delay when trying to open. Sometimes I have to pull it fast and hard to open. My passenger door is fine? Any diagnosis?

Thanks,

John

Very nice set up! I can't really tell by the picture, but what front chin spoiler is that? Did your car already come with the Rear ZeeMax spoiler? I am a new member as well, and I have to agree with you that this site is awesome!

John P.

I wish I knew where I could get one as well! I believe that engine is pretty hard to get, yet parts off a CSi. Are you planning to do a transmission swap? I wanted to get an M5 engine (400hp) with 6 spd transmission for my 840. I'm still try to find out if its possible to do it with out sacraficing an arm and a leg. I think M5 engines are a bit more common. Well let me know if you do find a CSi engine or even an 98+ M5 engine.

Regards,

John