Beiträge von Aaliyah724

Great info Graham! Perhaps, with his permission, you can post an e-mail where he can be reached, so that members outside of GB can ask him technical questions. Yes, I do agree that many BMW main dealers here in the U.S. tend to call us old technology. Rather than properly diagnosing the problem, they go by standard porcedures, which in turn can cost thousands of dollars or pounds along the way. It is quite rare that you do find an expert who actually cares grately about the 8 series.

Post to all: If there are any exceptional BMW mechanics in your area, please post. This may save us all and have the 8 live 4ever!

Regards,

John P.

P.S. Graham, what part of GB are you from? I used to work at the BMW plant in Oxford.

Nice ride! I'm so jealous! I like your wheels =) I myself, have 18" Breyton Magics and I really like how it finishes off the 8. But I do want to upgrade to 19"s when I get the $$$. Is that the full AC Schnitzer kit on your new car? Did it come off of your other one? What are you doing with your other 8? Again, a salute to the twin 8's!

John P.

From what I have researched, (and I have been looking at numerous sites) the 840 has been in production from 94-97. From 94-95 the engine was a 4.0L. From 96-97 they changed it to a 4.4L. Somewhere in mid 95 there was a cross over from 4.0L to 4.4L. I have seen many 94 & 95 840Ci models. Some of them 4.0L and some 4.4L. I have never actually seen an 8 series that was badged 840i. Until I bought mine. At the time I didn't think much of it. Many people and sites have said there's no difference. And numerous sources only indicate "Ci" as an option, the "i" does not exsist. A few other sites say that there is even an "ia" model. Not that there is a big deal about this, but I don't want to go through life not knowing what my car truly is! I love my car and treat it as if were like my daughter.
    Here's the mystery, the emblem of my trunk only says 840 on it. There is however a slight outline of the "i" on it, which was taken off before I had purchased the car. There is not enough room for a "Ci" emblem, unless the 840 emblem is not the original. On the other hand, the metal plaquared on my door has 840Ci written on it.
    If my car is an "i", is it even worthy of being an 8? Or was I jipped by the dealer where I purchased her from? Hopefully the "i" is a good sign meaning she's more rare! =)

Okay, I've rambled on too long.

Cheers,

John

BMW Drivers Get Most Sex, Mag Says
    BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars and are much more active than Porsche drivers, a German car magazine has found. In fact, according to the report, even Ford drivers have more sex than Porsche drivers.

BMW Drivers Get Most Sex?

BERLIN (Reuters) - BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars and are much more active than Porsche drivers, a new German car magazine has found.

The German magazine "Men's Car" found in a survey of 2,253 motorists aged 20 to 50 published in its inaugural May issue that male BMW drivers say they have sex on average 2.2 times each week while Porsche drivers have sex 1.4 times per week.

Following BMW drivers were Audi (2.1), Volkswagen (1.9), Ford (1.7) and Mercedes (1.6). Drivers of foreign car makes were also behind BMW with Italian cars (2.0), French (1.9), Japanese (1.8), Swedish (1.6) and Korean cars (1.5) trailing after.

Among women, French car drivers were top with 2.1 times per week followed by Audi (2.0), Italian (2.0), and BMW (1.9) with Porsche again at the bottom of the scale at 1.2 times per week.

05/03/04 09:04

© Copyright Reuters Ltd. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of Reuters Ltd.

Zitat von TerryY

It is a Ci don't worry.

Chips are available from Dinan (Wussy and overpriced in my opinion)
    Conforti-Pricey but good and only available till mid '95 build.

My chip is a European tuners variant that makes Dinan feel real weak.
    I don't know how it compares to Conforti but I would guess it was real close. A lot cheaper too!! Email me at tyohnka@comcast.net -I have a spare.

Hello!

I just e-mailed you from rallytek@aol.com

Regards,

John

Zitat von Anonymous

And the build date of the car is?

Really does make a considerable difference in the answer.

10/1993....from what I've found out according to the VIN thread that my car is an 840i. What's the difference between an "i" and "Ci?" Nobody has confirmed my model for sure....on my door jam, it says "Ci" And many according to many sources, that there were no "i's" shipped to the U.S. I am so confused.

Thanks,

John

Zitat von al

I dont think im technologically minded enough to be honest. There has been enough talk about the diff upgrade though. Do a forum search for the best results.

Thanks Al! Wow, there is so much useful info on this site!

John

According to the link posted on the VIN thread on this site, I found out my car is an 840i. So what is the real difference between the 840i and 840Ci? I can't find any facts on this...just heresay.

Concerned,

John

Hi!

Just wondering if any of you were brave enough to try realigning your front windows. I had my car tinted and the tint place screwed up my alignment. Should I just take it to the dealer? Is it worth the hassle to fix it yourself or is there a really simple fix.

Thanks,

John

Are they still for sale? Sorry...I just registered.

Regards,

John

Re: 14k for supercharged 400 bhp ouch

Zitat von stevep840

thanks for the info ian ihave ameeting with one of birds directors after the easter weekend they seem very keen on acompromissed deal i will post my replyafter that date ihave disscovered two more companies who are capable of this conversion iam intending to persue this in the next few days in my persuit of a even more unique 8 keep in contact you guys

thanks again steve p

Keep up posted Steve!

Regards,

John

Re: The 6 ended in 1989 and restarted in 2004 - no successio

94 840i or Ci tranny

Hi!

I am totally interested in the tranny swap but I'm a bit confused if my car is an 840i or Ci. Since mine is an early 94 I believe that the transmissions and engine are different, 4.0L opposed to 96+ 4.4L. Can any one confirm how I can identify my car? Would I still be able to do this mod regardless of my model?

I would also like to chip my car. I have a K&N filter and MagnaFlow exhaust (mufflers only) What is the best set-up for this? How do the other chip manufacturer's compare by personal experience?

As for suspension, I would like to lower the front a bit just to even out the gap. I have Bilstein shock with stock springs, would it be wise to just swap out the front springs with H&Rs?

Has anybody drop in an M5 engine w/ 6-speed manual transmission in their 840? Is it possible, or not worth it? Is it better to just go with a Supercharger set-up like the one from Dinan?

Lastly, does any one know where I can get these parts at a fair price or if they are still available:

Dinan Supercharger
    Erubuni Front lip
    M5 style trunk lip (the small accent)

I'm located in Southrn California. Any help is appreciated. I have also posted on other forums.

Thanks,

John

Zitat von genius

thats waot i am going to do- replace the standard filter with a performance K&N filter that fits right in. that wont take in the ot air will it? i want to increase the roar of the V8? any sugestions? nothing expensive.
    also i cant find your previous post on filters. can locate them for me please?

I have a magnaFlow muffler set-up and it sounds just right. It's not obnoxiously loud to draw the attention you don't want, but it will let others know you are there. If I could only record some sound bytes for you I would. I also have the K&N drop-ip replacement. Performancewise, I don't think I felt the HPs or torque, but for only $40 and it's reusable, it's definitely worth the money. Well, sorry for the late post, but I just joined the club.

Hope this helps,

John

Zitat von al

Im finding it hard to picture it, i guess it could be done.

Personally, i am not a fan of anything on the rear boot. I think it spoils the lines of the car and this is why i have never put anything on the back of mine.

That is so true! That is why I don't have one either...but if I can design one that compliments the nice body lines, then I'll put one on.

Is there any company out there that makes an M5 style lip for the trunk (boot)? How many of you think it would look good and would put one on your 8 other than me? Maybe I'm just weird! :roll:

Cheers,

John