Beiträge von fuchikoma-x

:!:

that does sound nice. just hope you can wait is all. i have to get my car out from the garage. i took on the tasking of rebuilding my engine and now my manifold is sitting in my front seat. i'm just waiting on a water pump is all. so tell us...what do you think of your E31? :?:

we're wandering around with no shepard now. so all in all what can we come up with? how can we preserve our subculture? this would be a bad waste if we just migrated and left to the roadfly guys and left here. indeed a sad state of affairs. we're the few and the proud, we can't part at the seams, if we do so then we have just sealed the doors to what is left and those who will be around in the future.

btw, in chat now.

Zitat von twave5

This car is about passion. If you're not passionate about this car you're not the right owner. If you can walk away from your car in a parking lot without walking backwards admiring it, you're not the right owner. If you can park your car out of eyesighte at work, you're not the right owner.

All hail the 8 series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/i]

if i were a woman i`d marry you! but i`m not, and therefore not contemplated to do so...but i do STRONGLY agree with that fine sentiment, so much in fact i have to smoke a couple of cigs to calm down :D

iPOD a report

i own an iPOD and was thinking that if we put fourth the effort of making a weekly or monthly report or inforadio report that it could be opening a few more doors for those who enjoy listening to such things on commute. i for one listen to many gaming radio casts recorded onto my cd for this sole pupose, this can be applied here where we can get access to histories, stories, tuning and future events concerning our cars. this is just a sugesstion. i was recently on the "roadfly.org" site and noticed that they sell stickers for thier site, thats great and all, but given the angst among how the site is run all i suggest is that we try another avenue of approach. even announcements on when we should hold meets in the chat room and such being put on the podcast.

opinions and comments pls!

)i have a friend that can change the pads and lines for me but wanted me to ask if our cars require a special method for performing the job? (like: key in ignition or turned on 1/2 way or turning wheels). i ask in ignorance because i don't want to kill the pumps and then turnaround to buy new ones. just a do-it-yourself type deal.

my other question is has anyone installed a wood trim kit in the U.S.? asking for parts in japan is like pulling teeth, and get this i broke my visor 9it snaped and went limp on the inside hinge) and these gold diggers at the lot want $450 for a new visor. any suggestions?

please, i'm dying here! (i should shipped my ride back to the states! :evil: )

yeah...lucky... :roll: , luck followed by a Fifth of Jack Daniels, your right, money is no use unless used.

-thanx friend

i was in Hayama beach town awhile back and saw a black 8 with M badges, now correct me if i'm wrong but i've only seen the those badges as sold as ones with pegs to go into the bonnet and boot. but never a sticky "adhesive" one for 8's. do they sell them like that or did he modify a bagde? curious...

i've mentioned in the past that i've purchased a REMUS exhaust system and other rotors for the car and now have some one ready to give me thier time of day to fix it up. now listen to this story first and then you may be more inclined to give me help:

I leave work for lunch time here in Japan and i have to goto a Kendo shop to pick up my HAKAMA (japanese outfit for sword class) and after i get it w/ plenty of time to spare i go back to the car and attempt to turn it on. (GRRRrrr....GGRRRrrr....) 'oh F$@#ing hell!" i think to myself. did i flood the fuel line? bad fuel filter....what?!? well i ended up calling a bud who knew where exactly the Kendo shop was (because he showed it to me!) and asked if he could do a favour and show up and give me a jump start (the car still has power going to it, hence it's not the alternator). about 38 mins. later he shows. we spend 20 mikes trying to roll this bastard over. No go, i say! i was pretty damn sure it sounded like half the banks were firing off and the perfume of unburned fuel premiated the air. i did something wrong!? but what? unfortunately i ended up having him translate to the shop owner and her daughter that i may need a tow (at this point i may as well concide trouble shooting. why? let's see....i gave my manual to the mechanic to look over to prep before working on the car....and the fact that i'm stuck on this major road in japan where they use 2 lanes for traffic (mind you 1 lane is for going straight, turning parking and the evil scooter drivers who dance in the lanes with the 50cc engine! the other lane is the same minus the parking....so you actually play frogger along a busy median praying no moron plows you trying to overtake you!) and i can't speak the lingo. about 4-5 hours pass and the tow shows up. he wants me to remove the bottom intake or baffel from the var to lift the 2 FRoNT tires. we ride 1 km before he stops and decides to lift the 2 rear tires....god damn! in a country where you use 1.1 lanes to drive that's a bold way to go. so we lift all 4 wheels and watch the 840 roll to the MOTOREN dealer. "Lucky me" he only counts 5 km vice 10 and decides not to charge me for the additional use of the rear tires piggy backing my wheels. fine....$110....bitch!

next sign the papaer work for safe transport, fine. i get inside and get the explanation that it MAy take 3 days before they get to my car. no choice, so i sign and walk home. this was from 1135 am to 1845 eve. the day was blown! i left work today (22 hours after the fact) and get on the bus home, i jump off as soon as my wife calls telling me the dealer called her to explain that the car is ready and waiting....i take my ass in a hurry to the dealer. the problem....a .75 cent fuse for the fuel pump..... :shock: the

dealer invoice = $170 :x
    tow=$110
    fuse=$0.75
    ....WTF!!! :evil:

i blame myself because i left my voltimeter at home i used for trouble shooting this type of stuff. and no manual stuck in Japan with the good chance it'd get towed because i leave it to use the head....never ever...again.

my request is: can you tell me if the brake lines (when being replaced with braided lines...afterstock) need to be bled at multiple points for this type car. if so, how many and where? i think i need to find seals or caps that are part of the process, any help from previous expierience would suffice. many thaks for your time reading my rant btw.

_fuchikoma :twisted:

update2

i have recently come back from a trip in Lao and have called the actual manufacturer and have concurred that 1 hyper voltage unit can be placed on each battery (LR+HR would be best avoiding the need for the MR type)