Beiträge von Mark

Hi Im just in the process of getting my 840 back on the road after 8 months of standing, I removed the batteries and have fitted new ones today but I cant seem to disable the alarm which comes on each time I turn the ignition on, the ignition lights come on but the alarm sounds for about 30 seconds and then the indicators flash continually, is there something I have to do with the OBC to enable starting?

I hope one of you can help as Im having another try tomorrow, thanks in advance Mark.

Thanks for all your help guys Im in the pricess of liquidating my company and need the lowest feasible price for my 8 as the closer I can get to £3000 the higher the chance I can keep the old girl.

Thanks again :D

Hi I havent been on the site for a while now due to complex business stuff too boring and traumatic to go into :( anyway wondered if anyone could give me a rough guide as to how much a 95 840ci with a couple of rust spots on bootlid area, slight dent in front wing and no M.O.T. or tax, 140,000 mls is worth? I know its a very subjective issue but I need to give a valuation to my soon to be ex partners solicitors.

Want it to be as low as possible!

I think yhe main stealer is the best place to start although I think they would struggle to find any still available.

Mark.

Given the motors in the 8 arent that hot for v8's I have always toyed with the idea of a 340c.i. Mopar engine to spice things up and get some real horse power, I had a Challenger that would run 12.80 quarter mile times, the engine was same weight as 840 but put out 450 hp, plenty of room in engine bay.

Its on;y the looks that attract me to 8's the motors are not that hot considering the complexity. I.M.H.O :D

Dont get me wrong I love my 8 but I dont subscribe to the use it on sunny days, weekend warrior mentality, only downside of daily use is sometimes long bonnet/hood makes parking a pain.

To my mind having 2 one for daily use and one in a climate controlled environment as an investment is the way to go if you can afford it, the middle ground of putting miles on it plus trying to keep it in a pristine condition at vast expense doesnt do it for me.

I maintain mine and yes there are stone chips and car park scrapes but that suits me fine, as long as I can DRIVE IT!

YEAH BAABY :D

I bought my 840 with 64000 miles on it in June 2005 it now has 14700 miles and it has cost £600 in front end bits (bushes.Lower control arms) 3 sets of tyres lpg, oil, petrol, two sets of brake pads and thats it!

When all's said and done they were £60,000 worth of car new so must have been reasonably well engineered. Dont baby them, its not like they're rare collectors items.

Buy one, drive one, bin it and buy another, cheap as chips at the moment :D

I thinkit was just a one off for publicity, my mate supplied him with a Dodge Challenger in similar colours with a pneumatic lift in the boot which
    lifted boot lid and raised 3 x 15" subs!

Noticed hes got lpg fitted on the 8, well he needs something for the flames I suppose. :D

Wayne and Steve sounds good if anyone else wants to come please show interest here, the website I mentioned before was wrong, it is http://www.go-lpg.co.uk not .com :(

Maybe we could make it a pre xmas run for as many as we can muster,sure a weekend in NL would do us all good :D

Mark

Shiggsy I still have petrol tank and can switch over instantly, handy for some balls out stuff cos there is a slight loss in power on lpg but not enuff to put me off as Im paying 38p per litre.

The website you have seen might be http://www.go-lpg.com if it is then the silver 840 is mine.

Apparently as Bass850 says you need in effect 2 6cyl kits for an 850 and 2 4cyl for 840.

My tank fits in spare wheel well but you can have cylinerical tanks of a much larger capacity up to 200 litres but you lose boot space.

Mark.

Peter thank you very much for your kind invitation I would be pleased to meet some fellow 8 owners in NL :D

I will let you know nearer the time when I will be there, maybe I could bring over some other UK owners ?

Thanks Mark.

Ive got an adaptor which you need in the UK the same as NL, Ive got an AVML Dream system fitted similar to you I have 2 4cylinder kits running off a 70ltr tortoidal tank which means no spare tyre but only been caught out once with a puncture and got my breakdown service to bring me home.

Glad to hear good availability of lpg stations over there, I will be staying in Castricum (I think thats how you spell it) with a friend in December if you are near there maybe could meet up.

Thanks for the information, Mark