Beiträge von Mark

Hi Im running lpg on my 840 and was wondering about the availability of lpg stations in Holland, Im planning a trip and wanted to know if I could fill up easily also how much a litre are you paying?
    Thanks Mark.

Hi there has been a post about this before and as I remember the whole of the dash must be removed, if you can find the post I think there were pics of the job.

Had a small leak on mine and sorted it with 2 bottles of radiator sealant.
    It was only a slight leak tho, good luck, Mark

Hello Hatts, with regard to the seat not tilting remove thr chrome plastic lever and look if the square locating hole has rounded as this can happen with time and wear, only need a phillips screwdriver to remove, had this happen to me only £8.00 at main stealer to replace, good luck Mark.

Both of my washer jets have stopped working i.e. normal and concentrated, fuse ok and when I put a meter on the lead it shows 10 volts continuously and only peaks at 12 when I press screenwash? should there be any voltage when screenwash not activated? confused!!!!!!!!!!
    Mark.

At traffic lights my oil press went south and engine stalled, I limped home and on dropping the sump found that the nut securing the drive sprocket to the oil pump had fallen off! New oil pump to be on the safe side £170.00 and good lock nut and Im back up and running, anyone else come accross this? Ive got 94 840ci with 144,000 miles on it.
    Mark.

I had a shock on Saturday when low oil pressure light came on in my 94 840, Idrove home about 1 mile at 700 revs and parked up. On dropping the sump I found the oil pump pulley had snapped off!!!
    Main stealer wants £195.00 but better than engine rebuild.

I was sat at traffic lights when it happened, had it been the night before I was undertaking middle lane knobheads at 110 mph!

Ive just put a 10" long crack in the rear window of my 840, I shut the boot (trunk) lid and didnt notice an audio loom plug sticking up out of the boot and on closing the window cracked.

I know its a long shot but does anyone have a window or know where to get one, please dont say main stealer :(
    thanks Mark.

Has anyone got a working air flow mass sensor they want to sell or any suggestions on where to get one at a reasonable price? £200.00 from BMW !!!!!!!!!!!!

OOPS! to fit 94 840ci

thanks in advance Mark

Tim all you need to do is buy an adaptor from the BMW Quadlock connector on the back of your head unit to convert it to an ISO connector used on the majority of modern head units, if your new head unit has an auxhiliary input for an ipod use that but a much more sophisticated way is when you fit your new head unit buy an ice link ipod kit which is a cradle you slip the ipod into that charges your ipod and displays the track listings on the head unit,
    Regards Mark.

Yet another annoying glitch has arisen with my 840, when I lock or unlock the car with my remote the drivers door and boot operate ok but the passenger door will only lock or unlock when using the key, I suspect it is the actuator in the passenger door but dont know how to get the door trim (card) removed, anyone got any info on this please?

Thanks in advance Mark. :D

Hi Aykut as Theo said I have converted my 95 840 to run on lpg the cost was £2000 but as I do around 800-1000 miles a week it is well worth it, the conversion took 3 days and as I have done over 70,000 miles on gas in the last two years it has paid for itself. I agree if you plan to run your 8 as an everyday driver it would not make economic sense to convert.

has anyone got any info on fitting ign barrel on 95 840?
    Bought new barrel and it looked easy fit but it looks like Ive got to remove steering wheel and I hate anything to do with airbags!
    Has anyone done this and if so any hints much appreciated.
    Thanks Mark.

Just discovered my passenger door does not lock or unlock when using the button the knob on the door does not raise or lower, it locks and unlocks when using the key in the lock though, anyone got an idea on a fix?
    Thanks in advance Mark.

This is like ghost hunting! Since Seoptember it hasnt missed a beat on starting I dont know what caused it and to be honest I dont want to.

Got my Buddha statue on my dash and will let him sort it out :D

Happy hunting, Mark.