Beiträge von Mark

I have got an offside (rhd) car light band main beam and indicator unit, used but in good condition thought I'd give you lot the option before I delve into the wonderful world of eBay :D

£50, they are £120 + vat new.
    Cheers Mark.

Theo thanks again for your wise words :D

I appreciate the running rich/lean scenario but as I am running on lpg for the vast majority of time I thought I would take my car into my local lpg expert and get him to run it up on rolling road and re-set the mixture at all load settings, I assume this would take care of any mixture probs but please feel free to throw any potential prob's you may see in this cos basically I dont have much of a clue :?:

As for the environment I have fluffy bunnies trying to catch up with me just for a breath of fresh air :D

I cut the baffles out of my rear boxes but was disappointed at the small increase in "rumble" I think its the middle boxes that do most of the work, Im removing the resonators and cats later this week I'll let you know how it sounds then, may have to fit some aftermarket back boxes by the sound of things, Mark :D

Jimmya if you are anywhere near Dubai I have a friend working out there who can fit a forward parking sensor kit for you, no holes in the front bumper just a screen he may even be able to fit front parking camera system. :D

O.B.C that tells me I have" rear numberplate light failure" every time I put it in reverse when the lights are on,drivers window shutting with a "CLACK"( just started) the £630.25p I paid yesterday for n/s and o/s inner track rod ends,n/s and o/side outer track rod ends, n/s and yeah you guessed it, upper control arm inner bushes, ctr drag link, n/s steering idler bush, n/s o/s anti roll bar bushes and 4 wheel alignment, Phew!!!

BUT, she drives like new now ,I didnt realise how me putting up with wandering and vague steering was irritating me taking all the fun away from driving. I drove to N.Wales last night round trip of 220 miles and was smiling the whole way, especially undertaking a boxster on the A55 at Conway at 130 in the wet, he nearly shit himself :D

Im posting this as there hasnt been much new stuff on here in the last few days. I know we use this site to mix with oher 8 owners to share technical knowledge and generally show off our new stuff but what about posting anything that pisses you off about your 8?
    I know this might seem like sacrelige to some of you out there but come on there must be something that irritates you about your car. :D

Thanks for the kind words guys, Steve Ive got my insurance with Norwich union, cost an arm and a leg but worth it in the end :D

At long last my insurance company have got back to me with the repair cost of the damage caused when my car was stolen/recovered. The bill for new wing, ignition barrel,glovebox and odd fittings is £4650!!!!! but the assesor offered to either write off the car or repair, I could decide1 when I said I would buy it back if they wrote it off he said they could pay me the£4650 in lieu of repair and I could arrange the work to be done myself, I nearly ripped his hand off as I ve priced the repair plus window tint, refurbished Alpinas and big bore exhaust at £2000.

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say :D

p.s. anyone going to Castle Donnington on Sunday? a couple of 8's from Cheshire/ Stoke area going over.

following my car being stolen and recovered the insurance company reckon they are looking to write off the car, as they will be offering bottom book price and I am going to refuse their first offer of course, but I want to know how much my 95 840ci auto with 120,000 miles, Schitzner boot spoiler and Alpina wheels is worth also as this is an owners club does it have any recognition by insurance companies in their valuation process? Sorry to go on so much :D

Shaboody I use my 840ci as a daily driver, I cover 38,000 miles a year as its my work vahicle in the last year I have had to replace 2 lower control arms and 2 sets of tyres (tires) :D Only normal servicing and lubricants, bought my 95 840 in june 04 with 64,000 miles on it and now have 121,000. still going strong despite being stolen /recovered, Mark

Thax for the interest shown, I wont find out about the insurance situation til 11 Nov will keep you all posted as to what I am doing in relation to selling the car for parts after then, cheers Mark :wink:

Hi Paul Im in Crewe Cheshire my seats are black but Im not sure what Im going to do or what insurance co are planning either, I was just testing the water to see if there was any interest, Im definitely going for another 8 if they write mine off tho :D

Following my stolen 840 being recovered I may be looking at the prospect of having baby written off, has anyone any experience of buying back a written off car and is there any interest out there if I decide to break it for spares? as you might know it has had a dual fuel conversion and I want to remove that for my new car, anyone need any parts, 95 840ci Alpina wheels, Schnitzer spoiler, Silver. :(