Beiträge von Mark

Anyone got any info on how low I can drop my front end without having to adjust caster/camber settings. Since I got the lpg tank fitted along with the tools I carry the back end sits really nicely but have got a bit of a nose up effect at the front. Any suggestions gratefully received. :D

TYRES

Since I struggled to get any Bridgestone Potenzas I went for a set of 285x40x18 Falken's I know theyre cheap(£310 fitted) but the miles I do thought Id give them a go, managed to squeeze 1900 mls out of the P Zero's I had on before still got loads of tread on the front ones though. :D

Bridgestone Potenza's

Hi Paul thanks for the site you sent me unfortunately they dont stock Bridgestones either I may go for Goodyears which they have, I know its a bit obsessive but the Bridgestones look so good! Thanks anyway, useful site. P.S. I like the colour of your 8.

iv'e been trying to get a quote for 285x35x18" Bridgestones but have been told by 2 suppliers that they are not produced anymore!!!! Can anyone suggest anywhere preferably in the Northwest of England I could try or alternately anywhere I could get them mail ordered from. thanks in advance cos I know someone will help me out, thanks guys. :D

840 main beam

Terry thanks for your help with my main beam problem, I tried what you said about pulling the relays and refitting them but no result, today I went round to a mate who has an 840 to try one of his relays and found out that my main beam relay was in the wrong plug!!!!!!!! refitted mine in the same one as his and they work fine. Thanks for tipping me off as to the position of the relays Terry. :D

Just fitted a reversing sensor kit to my 840 after dentng two of my exhaust tips on a rock about 10" high a pub landlord decide it would make a good border in his car park. Cant beleive how I managed without one before, they are made by BMW suppliers and are a really neat fit, if anyone wants any info or one fitting get back to me, Mark

Good to see there are people out there using there cars,my mate belongs to a classic car club and they frown on using their vehicles even if they are Ford Cortinas and TR 7's. I must admit when I first got my 840 I was slightly disappointed with the performance as I am into American muscle cars but you do grow into 8's,gives you a good feeling when your out and my heavy mileage doesnt seem that bad at all.

Hi I know Ive been going on about my crap main beam lights for a while but its only now I have checked in detail what is wrong. I have main beam on the lower strip light but on the pop up lights I only have dip and fog lights, the inner lens :?: I assume is for main beam, I have checked with my meter and there is no power there on main beam, I cant find a blown fuse anywhere is it a relay Ishould be looking for and if so does anyone know where it is?

If anyone is interested I can supply and install BMW approved Sat Nav systems at a good discount to club members also reversing sensors, hands free kits and Audio work. Im based in Crewe Cheshire but cover almost anywhere, if your interested give me a call, Mark on 07776 000077.

Re: LPG?

Iconverted my 840 to run on lpg (propane) 5 months ago I use my car for work doing about 600 miles a week, it has cut my fuel costs in half, it costs me 10 pence a mile to run. Took it down to Santa Pod drag strip and it runs 1/2 second slower to cover the1/4 on lpg compared to petrol. 14.50 on petrol 15 dead on lpg.

Best thing I ever did really it freaks people out when Iturn up to fit hands free kits and sat nav systems at customers homes when they are expecting to see some van!
    Lpg tank is fitted where the spare wheel was and I have a filler under the rear bumper out of site. The tank holds 57 litres which means I have to fill up every day but it only costs £23 to fill the tank and I get 240 miles a tank. :D

Had my 840 3 months now happy with the car even the lpg conversion was relatively painless (i know but i do 8/900 miles a week) one thing I have noticed is that the headlights arent exactly brilliant have any of you noticed this or am I just unlucky? any info on u/grades would be appreciated. Also just fitted Bridgestone Potenzas all round 245/40/18 front 285/35/18 rear and noticed when I carry rear seat passengers and hit a dip in one of our wonderfully maintained roads the tyres rub on the plastic shroud covering the shocks on the rear didnt do it with previous Pirellis as their profile turns in on the shoulder, Bridgestones look great though. :!:

Check out newsagents for bmw mags ie wh smiths seen ad for N.O.S. multi changers £130 each as fitted as standard good luck 8)