Beiträge von shiggsy

Did they say what it will cost you Jin?
    Mine gets throught the MoT each year but it only just scrapes through on emissions, that why I want to give it a go.

Zitat von Fatandre;107845

So this so called repair option.
    When does it work.
    Also I had this situation that on my car from standing over the summer the battery had cone completely empty.
    The ctek didnt even start to charge it.

If a battery reads zero volts the Ctek won't even know its connected so won't do anything, had this with someones battery last year. I have never seen a battery with a zero reading before so I thought it was a goner for sure, once charged it was ok and its still going.

Added an upgrade to this.
    Instead of getting up extra early to plug the car in I now plug it in the night before but I now have it connected to a Programmable Timer Socket set to come on at 07:25 am and switch off at 08:15, when I'm ready to leave for work.

The car was suspiciously well defrosted this morning, i.e no trace of any snow on the roof. I didn't for a second believe the fan heater would de-frost the whole car in that time. I recently installed an external house camera so I reviewed the footage to see what happened when, had to go back a few hours to find it.

Midnight

Ten minutes past.

Twenty minutes past.

It seem the plug comes with 19 other pre-set times already set up and Program 2 kicked in at midnight. Took 3.5 hours to clear the roof.
    Seeing as I'm a programmer its a bit embarrasing I can't set up a plug correctly.:oops:

Still......it was nice and warm when I got in it this morning. :laugh:

And if you SORN the vehicle the insurance companies can charge you an admin fee or some even refuse to insure SORN'd vehicles. Ever get the feeling your in the middle with everyone just taking the pi$$ out of you.

Zitat von BBMatic;106784

One of those clips (metal) -that hold the headlight glass in place - pinged out and fell down into the engine. I got a telescopic magnet down into the various cracks and recesses but no sign of it.

Did exacty the same thing this week, my magnetic tool is not telescopic but it is bendy so I was able to put a sort of 90 degree angle on it at the end and kind of reverse periscope it into various nooks and crannies and ferkle around. Was about to give up when I heard it 'chink' onto the magnet. :devilchilli:

Think the clip is number 16 in this image
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/sho…&btnr=63_0027&hg=63&fg=05

Well, they appear to be sitting on metallic paintwork so that gives an idea of scale, about valve cap size, but they appear to have no threads,can't be sure of the other side, but if it was threaded it would be very shallow.

They don't look like they are hollow all the way through and there is more metal on one side of the hexagon than the other so that suggests an endcap of some kind. The ridging suggests its for hosing but not something that is subject to much pressure as there is not enough to fasten them and if its an endcap for a low pressure hose fitting...why does it have a hexagon nut, so I don't think its that. Infact can't think of anything that needs a spanner but doesn't have a thread.

I therefore conclude its some sort of....widget.....for something.
    :dontknow:

My only two forms of transport are my motorbike and the 8 Series so I have to use the 8 when its icy. I started using winter tyres 2 years ago bought a 2nd set of Throwing stars and put some Vredstein tyres on (think Continental do the best winter tyre though).

They do make a tremendous difference. Timed it just right this year, swapped wheels over last Tuesday, this was Wednesday morning.