Beiträge von shiggsy

Zitat von Noggie;106524

Speedo sensor is in the diff, so the front wheels don't effect them.

Isn't the front wheel speed compared to the rear wheel speed to detect wheel spin?

I think if your front and rear tyre diameters differ by more than 3% you will have problems. I did this once and my ASC T used to cut in under moderately hard acceleration and cut the power to the rear wheels.

Zitat von reinhard;106423

This part is in the public section. Just log in again or change the link in your address bar from "...8er.ch" to ..."8er.org".

I tried this but it won't let me in.

If I remember correctly the kit Gerry offered would only fit onto cars with 18" wheels or bigger, if it had been for 17's and above there would probably have been more of a takeup.

Just checking, wouldn't want to turn up and find I was buying a roll of material, roll of foam and some glue. :)

Not sure I like the idea of having to drill holes in it though. :(

Zitat von reinhard;105419

The OEM headliner in Light Silvergrey (up to 9/92) is still available. P/N: 5144 8156427 - cost is around 300 EUR plus taxes today (roughly 390 USD plus s&h, taxes)

Do you just get the material or does it come attached to the board?

Time for a motorbike update, sold my Triumph Tiger 1050, had it for 2 years (already?) and 25k miles. It was a great bike but I just didn't need a 1000cc motorbike for my short 20 mile trip to work so I have now gone all sensible and bought one of Honda's New Concept bikes, the NC700X.

Unusually for a motorbike it only revs to 6500rpm but thats because its supposed to be an economical commuter bike and currently I'm averaging 78mpg on it. :top:

I think Webasto was the manufacturer of unit that was optionally fitted to the E31, but I might be wrong on that. I did enquire about having one of these fitted in 2010, but it was a bit too pricey for me, £1750 fitted, (£500 of that would have been the labour charge).

Webasto Operation
    http://www.parkingheater.co.uk/products/parking-heater.html

However I needed to do something so in the end I went for something that at £69 was a bit cheaper. ...

http://www.8er.org/forum/showt…hp?t=12700&highlight=DEFA

Its not ideal and for temperatures cold enough to freeze your door shut it needs at least 20 minutes but at least I can get into the car with it.

Zitat von sandwich;104193

Not sure how many of you saw the programme but if you didn't, dont bother hunting for it. It was absolute crap!
    If he thought that was worth £30k, he was living in cloud cuckoo land. It was a USA sourced left hooker auto with a 1970s flip up glass sunroof. Advice was to do away with the sunroof,but they decided to install a new one which resembled something out of a 1984 Maestro.
    Dire TV with lots of amateur dramatics thrown in!
    However, good to see the 8

Its worth watching just to see it come out of the paint booth after the sprayer pulled an all nighter on it just to have one of them immediately back it into an engine. :ahhhhh:

Just happened to watch this program, couple of guys in London restored an E-Type. They had a 'valuer' come and look it when they had finished, a man widely respected in the industry for valuing classic cars and guess what he turned up in.......an 8 Series . :top:
    Reg was NKX 3.