Beiträge von shiggsy

From todays London Metro paper

70 people mainly Britons were being questioned by police after taking place in an illegal European Road Race. Officers in Girona, north east Spain said they had impounded Ferraris, Porsches, and Rolls Royces. The majority of the drivers were British and extremely rich. They all face fines and may be charged with criminal offences.

They've got to do something at that time of the morning to keep them occupied. Wished I had a camera mounted on my bike and running yesterday coming out of London. I was behind a cop car with 3 coppers in it heading for traffic lights when they changed amber, I just shut the throttle but the copper kept going, lights went red before he was there and he just cruised though. 1 rule for them 1 for us.

Some people say 'shove 'em up against the wall'!
    I say put 'em in a gay bar.....and then shove 'em up against the wall, see how they like being shafted.

:)

Zitat

Does that mean having bigger wheels (+£50) makes you more of a risk than jumping traffic lights (+£140)?

Ithink that should be the other way round : Does that mean having bigger wheels (+£140) makes you more of a risk than jumping traffic lights (+£50)? but yeah I see what you mean. The wheels are aslo the same diameter, just 1/2 wider. I mean they're still round for gods sake.

(I didn't jump the traffic light I was trying to change lanes in the nightmare London traffic at night and went though on amber, it was the last 2ft of my car that was photographed going through red. Who the hell tries to jump a traffic light at 25mph in a 40mph !? )

>>Liverpool Victoria give a discount if you are in a union
    :?: Yeah that makes sense, cos it's all about risk. I put some round wheels on my car and 'ohhh' I'm a higher risk but if I then went and joined a union, 'phew' everythings alright again :?

Oh the wacky world of insurance.

Hiya,
    I should have asked if the wheels were the same width as well. Basically if the wheel widths are the same and the offsets are the same (and obviously the centre bore and number of studs) then no problems.

If the wheel widths are the same then I think the offsets can be a couple of mm off with no problems, otherwise you need need to makeup the difference with spacers (as long as you need to add positive offset (move the wheel out), negative offset ( move the wheel in ) required and your stuffed )

If the wheels are wider then the offsets need to be greater by half the extra width.

For example, say you have a wheel 100mm wide, the centreline of the wheel is therefore 50mm, if the hub is 60mm in from the inside of the wheel, the offset is 10mm. If you were to then add 10mm to the inside of the wheel, then the centerline will now be 55mm, (110 / 2 = 55 = increased by half the extra), the offset if it remained static would now be 20mm but it needs to be 15mm to keep the same amount of weight over the wheel bearing.

Not sure about you model but for the CSI the wheel offsets are 10mm for the front, 19mm for the rear (I think). When I put Alpinas on mine that were 12mm wider, my offsets had to increase by 6mm. The new wheels had offsets of 13mm front and 24 mm rear, so the front was short by 3mm and the rear was short by 1mm.

So far they seem ok.

If anyone wants to machine gun this explanation please go ahead because I haven't heard anyone else describe it like this. :)

Couldn't complete the Priviledge quote online as it didn't cater for extras like wheels so I rang them. They did quote cheaper but with higher voluntary excess. Think I'll stick with Direct Line.

Re the extra £140, i'm a reasonable guy so if you don't appeal against my decision and pay up within in 2 weeks I'll halve it. Can't say fairer than that :)

Ok, been re-quoted. For the 3 points from the TS10 :evil: it was upped £50 and I also owned up to the Alpina alloys which upped it £140 :evil: to £647 (so Jahan you owe me £140 right). This was with Direct Line, Privilege got the quote down to the same but with a higher excess.

I then phoned Adrain Flux who quoted £610 but that was if I fit Cat 2 alarm (I have a factory alarm on the car but not sure what type or category it falls into, have to try and check when I get home).

sigh

Yeah we need a sound file here I think, or some sort of phone in service :) . What's it like at crusiing speed on the motorway, would it get annoying on a long trip ?

Hi Jahan,
    thats a good price, who did you go with in the end ? I just got my renewal quote through, £457, (36 years old). Also haven't yet told them about my TS10 Traffic light fine (25 in a 40 through an amber, sheesh i'm a bad boy :twisted: ) or my wheels so it's going to go up. I'll mention the TS10 but not sure if I'm going to mention the Alpinas.

POK,
    sorry to hear about result, know how you feel I have been there. I would also suggest turning the unit upside so the cards are facing down. Can't remeber if there is enough wire to do that 'in-situ', but I also took mine off of the CD rack and mounted it upside down over the rear wheel arch.

I guess we make our own stand. Whatever happens everyone has to be together, you can't have some people being parked in one area and others being parked in another because they never registered for such and such. Looking at 8-Fest.com there are now 15 people registered and it looks like 2 people are arriving from aboard. Not exactly fair on them to turn up and not be allowed to park with others beacause they're not a member of BMWCC.

I don't know anything about 'Show & Shine' but does it cost to register and is there a cut off time ? Would we be able to meet up Sunday and decide what to do then ie 'group enter' en masse for Show & Shine ?

Hope I can make it whatever, but typically my car has started to run rough. Going to try and replace the 02 sensors this week to see if it cures it, otherwise I might be driving up for a group diagnoisis!