Beiträge von Paulboy

Due to a sudden change in employment circumstances I am now forced to very reluctantly put my 1995 BMW 840Ci up for sale. I have only had it since December and have spent approximately £1500 on sorting out the little problems that it had. The steering wheel has now been changed to an M3 wheel but the wheel shown in the picture will be included should anyone want to change it back. The bodywork is immaculate and rust free and the leather interior has no rips or tears. I have changed the stereo that came with it to a Becker Traffic Pro with Sat-Nav. It has an MOT until August 24th and is taxed until the end of May. Mechanically it is very sound and the current mileage is 117,000. The number plate has been changed to a dateless private one and this will be included with the car. The price is £4000 - no offers, this car is worth every penny and a lot more. I am based in Harrow, please PM me if interested.

Hi Argonaut,
    Thank you for finding this article for me, it's very interesting. Tomorrow I will have a careful measure up in the daylight and see what I can find. It's a pity the article didn't say which Ford but I'm sure I can work something out.
    Thanks again,
    Paul.

Zitat von Argonaut;95510

I'm pretty sure that Gerry (8Tech aka Phoenix Motorsport) did some sort of modification to his repeaters, I'll see if I can find the article somewhere, I think it was mentioned in the magazine interview about his car some years back. Oi, Gerry, help needed here mate!

Found it, the comment was "Cosmetically, the only other exterior features are the window tinting, the clear side repeaters and the front splitter.
    "The problem is, nobody does any kits or aftermarket bits for the 8 series," Gerry says. "The repeaters are actually very embarrassingly from Ford, and I had to create the front splitter myself using £250 worth of genuine carbon fiber." " and the article can be found here: http://phoenixmotorsport.co.uk/Articles/greateight.php

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get clear or smoked side repeaters for the 8 series BMW? I have looked around but there seems to be very little of anything for the 8 series. Are the side repeaters from any other model (not necessarily BMW) compatible with the 8 series?
    Thanks,
    Paul.