Beiträge von Mojo

Thanks Schnitz,

That's useful info but what I need most of all right now is some guidance on market value for the complete car. The appraiser doesn't seem to have a lot of experience with unusual cars and I need to give him some figures that will keep him away from just using a depreciation table or book values which won't take into account limited supply, strong demand etc.

PS if you've got any pics of the 850 I'd love to seen them.

I recently purchased a 1995 AC Schnitzer 840ci with about 72,000 miles. As with many of these cars, this one is in remarkably good condition. This leads to concerns about insurance coverage as the replacement cost of this vehhicle is substancially higher than the "book value" used by insurance companies in Canada. My broker has given me the option of supplying him with a private appraisal. The appraiser is coming to look at the car this week and he's quite open to me providing him with any info that will help him to arrive at the market value (why not, it helps him do his job.

So, that leaves me looking for material that will help support a maximum realistic appraisal. Any suggestions?? I'm sure that there must be others in this position.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have recently purchased a '95 840 CI with the AC Schnitzer package. Beutiful car and I'd say the 1,600 km drive home from Montreal was probaly the best road trip yet. Now a couple of questions.

Although the dealer had no trouble getting it up on the hoist the mechanic who was trying to do my safety inspection back home was unsure where the safe lift points (front in particular) were for his hoist. In the end he was unable to complete his inspection. We were also unable to get the "flash to pass" lights to work. These are the ones located in the bumper on the inside of the cluster. When I checked the bulbs on a tester they seem OK, yet pulling back on the high beam/signal control they do not come on???? Any thoughts on either.