Beiträge von Franck

My 850i has 17inches rims. Having it just sprayed from black to red, I would like to get bigger rims with it, maybe 19 or 20 inches.

What are the right 19 & 20 inches rims specs that can fit into our 8s?

What should be the tire specs as well?

Thanks for your help..

Franck

I also had the very same problem & was quite desperate as most mechanics I was showing my car to could not solve it.

Then, I decided to get new tyres & new rims, the problem was immediately worse. I took the car back to the type shop, they did put these big black rubber bands like described in your option 1 & all is fine now.

Franck

Thanks for the contact.

In the meantime, I found a great workshop in To Kwa Wan.

The guy does not speak englsih, but is very quite (very cheap prices too), here is the contact info:
    G/F, 181, Kowloon City Road, Kowloon
    Tel 2711 1870 Fax 2715 3892
    The guy's name is Cheung Kwok Kwan (mobile: 9456 0751)

A typical dirty Hong Kong workshop, but professional know-how is there....

Al,

In my jammer set, I have a plug especially made to be plug into the cigarette lighter plug.

The only thing I need to know is if there is a small "connection door" between the engine compartment & the inside of the car for my wire to get in & be plugged onto the cigarette lighter plug.

I also have a 2003 Maserati Cambiocorsa, this "connection door" is on the passenger seat area...

Thanks for your help

Franck

I just bought a jammer to install on my 1991 850i.

However, I need to connect the 2 front sensors to the cigarette lighter plug inside the car.
    Is there some kind of small "door" that connects the inside of the engine to the inside of the car.

Unfortunately I do not have an owner manual....

Thanks for your help

Franck

I just had the suspensions of my 1991 850i replaced & this message appeared "Brake Linings".

As I do not have any manual, would anyone be so kind as to scan what the owner manual says about that & post it here ?

Thanks a lot !

I need to change my front & rear suspensions.

I am based in Hong Kong & no workshop including BMW can get the parts in the net 3 months !!!

1/ Would you know if I could adapt suspensions of more recent BMW models ? some M3 series for example....

2/ Would you know where & for how much I could get these parts from Germany or France ? I would not mind get them there & ship them back by FedEx.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Franck

I just bought a 850i (1991), I had been dreaming about this car since BMW launched it, I finally bought one.

BUT I have 1 problem: I am 1.85m (6.1ft) & cannot seat properly in the driver seat. My head is touching the ceiling of the car.

BMW is a german car made by German people (=tall people - much taller than me). Is this me seating in the car unproperly ? or should I change my seating position in another way ?

Please help.

Franck