Beiträge von hallworth1

Hi Steve!
    If i were you i'd be chuffed as bugger :!:
    I was always under the impression that torque was a more important figure than the horses. Those actual (not claimed) figures sound impressive enough to me :D
    Lets hope the suns out Sunday :!:
    Les

:lol: na, but i see what it looks like now.
    It went in for a service and i asked them to check the a/c as it isnt working.Looks like the condenser is buggered, but so is the aux fan, so he said better sort that issue first.While poking around he noticed the oil cooler falling apart.The bonnet has a bit of rust on the leading edge but i dont fancy it being cut out & repaired so would rather another one, also it will push me into a full respray which i keep putting off.
    Les

Need a few things for the 850(92); Engine oil cooler, Auxillery fan & a bonnet.
    Be greatfull if any one can help.
    Les

Im up for that Steve, count me in.Shame your not taking the 8, would'av like to seen the 'charger.
    Smoggy, maybe a little more west of the M25? thats a fair ol trek for us carrot crunchers :)
    Les

Hi Kris,
    Got those on mine.Not a 100% happy with them for two reasons,first;if you've got standard brakes(like me) they seem to look inadequate & lost behind them.Second;the sodding clear coat chips easily but that could be down to UK roads & driving manners.Dont get me wrong i like them alot,they seem to suit the lowered look rather than standard IMHO.
    Iknow what your saying about the chrome look,great if your going the custom look ("Tim in Germany" on Roadfly) but it dos'nt suit standard style wheels in my opinion.One more thing,they look the b***ocks at night,say in a petrol/gas station :D .Im sure you'll be well happy with 'em.
    cheers
    Les

Am i good to you or what! :) Here's the numbers you need;
    B17.11.1.741.167 (expansion tank)
    B17.11.1.742.231 (cap)
    They are sold seperate so make sure you get the cap aswell.
    The tossers would,nt give me discount so i paid £56.00 for both. :cry:
    cheers
    Les

Hi Jonty,
    The out come with mine was fine, although i am going to change the thermostat for a peace of mind.Not so sure you,ve got the same problem as mine,at no time did the temp go higher than norm,and it did lose a fair bit of water not just steam.As Wuffer says on Roadfly along with a good guide on how to change the tank"its not if the tank goes but when" so i should do that job anyway,click on Jud's link above and there's a very good How-To.That would be my first job along with the thermostat.
    Hope this is of some help
    Les

Hi all.
    Well i finally got round to changing the tank and im pleased to say all is well.Very easy job to do and looking at the strech marks on the origional not a moment to soon.After reading the archives on RF it seems a case of when and not if the tank will explode.The fan would turn as it should so im hoping it was the cap that was at fault.
    Thanks guys for your help :D
    Les

Evening all!
    I know mines not an 840 but i cant see there being much difference.
    22mm from bottom of boot to underside of badge and 50mm from top of the last letter to edge of boot.I measured the origional before replacing.
    Hope this helps,im sure someone will say otherwise :)
    Les